What are you currently playing?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

ShadowNeku

Re: What are you currently playing?

Post by ShadowNeku » Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:41 pm

Then i heartily disagree sir!
I asked for orange. It gave me lemon lime!

Vyothric

Post by Vyothric » Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:44 pm

Evermore wrote:Its still not as good as the mighty Diddy Kong Racing! :D
Nice to see a DKR fan 8)

I'm currently playing Ultima VIII: Pagan, which I'm actually quite enjoying.
LastFM | Mods | Music | Twitter | YouTube

Zwischen Leere und Nichts

Heavy Stylus

Post by Heavy Stylus » Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:26 pm

I've got a beta copy of the PC version of the cancelled English Wiiware 'La Mulana' here. I'm both really surprised and happy that it's actually better than the original MSX-apeing free version that came out a few years back. It's due for public release next month, so we've got a bit of time left to beat and review it... Probably going to be getting a few hours this weekend!

Our review of the original can be found here: http://www.rgcd.co.uk/2011/11/la-mulana-pc.html
http://www.rgcd.co.uk
8-128 Bit & beyond: Indie game development news for vintage & modern computer hardware.

Freestyler

Post by Freestyler » Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:46 pm

Playing Xbox 360 Dungeon Siege III after trying (and failing) to like Dragon's Age.

So far so hack & slash, but it's a good slasher. Mindless fun.
Freestyler: A customer that's too hard to please, complains all the time and wants everything for next to nothing.

Black Ridge

Post by Black Ridge » Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:26 pm

Freestyler wrote:Playing Xbox 360 Dungeon Siege III after trying (and failing) to like Dragon's Age.

So far so hack & slash, but it's a good slasher. Mindless fun.
I liked Dungeon Siege. Like you said 'Mindless Fun' and not too heavy for a RPG.

Still playing Kingdoms of Amalur and not getting bored. 15hours in, done like 3 main quests and about 40-50 side quests :?

Playing a bit of Blazblue Continuum Shift EXTEND and getting battered most the time. Its pretty though :D

Started Tales of the Abyss on 3ds, but think i may have to dedicate some time to it. Pretty sure the bro put over 100hours in to get through it. Goddamn life consuming RPGs! So many great games out there. I need BERNARDS WATCH!

Rinoa

Post by Rinoa » Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:43 pm

I never usually play Square Enix demos as I prefer to save the excitement for release date, but I gave into temptation tonight and played the Theatrhythm and Kingdom Hearts 3DS demos.

As I suspected I would, I absolutely loved Theatrhythm! I can't wait to get my hands on the full release.

Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance looks very promising too. There seems to be quite a few new features, but saying that, I'm a bit behind on the KH handheld games at the moment.

sscott

Post by sscott » Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:57 pm

Asura's Wrath, well, there is some game in there and it is certainly something different. I sorta like it!

SJ_Sathanas

Post by SJ_Sathanas » Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:59 pm

Nothing as I binned my big old CRT TV and haven't replaced it yet! :(

Evermore

Post by Evermore » Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:24 pm

Rinoa wrote:As I suspected I would, I absolutely loved Theatrhythm! I can't wait to get my hands on the full release.
I never really got into the whole rhythm action craze of the late 2000s and I'm not the world's biggest Final Fantasy fan by any stretch of the imagination, but I found this demo to be excellent. The detail and over all presentation of the game is superb. I will have to look into getting this game....
Vyothric wrote:
Evermore wrote:Its still not as good as the mighty Diddy Kong Racing! :D
Nice to see a DKR fan 8)
Best kart racer ever! :D

I do love me some Mario Kart, but DKR had some amazing tracks, vehicles that played completely different to each other, adventure elements and the super-challenging coin collecting element too. I absolutely adore the game.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:44 am

Alpha protocol

Back to that bloody boss, only now more kitted out.

It bloody is better than Deus EX HR

mrmessy

Post by mrmessy » Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:40 am

This week in mrmessy's Wednesday game garage we played: Mashed Fully Loaded

...on an Xbox 1.
'79:Micro5500> '83:Spec(48K)> '84:Spec+(kit)> '86:Spec128> '88:ST> '90:A500> '93:A1200> '93:SNES> '95:PS1> '99:PC> '02:PS2> '05:Xbox> '12:X360> '14:PS4... XboxLive:messy73, PSN:mrmessy73, YouTube:mrmessyschannel

Dave300

Post by Dave300 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:24 am

Blood and Serious Sam Second Encounter (and Skyrim!)

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:19 am

Guitar Hero Warriors of Rock - It's been so long since I last played a GH game, I'm having an absolute blast! The set list on this game is second only to the mighty Guitar Hero and the presentation is perfect. I only turn this off when carpal tunnel hits :lol:

Splinter Cell Conviction - Absolutely loving this. Splinter Cell was a cracking game that got more and more obtuse with every single release. This one brings it back to the very basics, making for an action packed easy to play stealth em up. I love it! Can't wait to try out the co-op :)

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:35 am

Rayne wrote:Can't wait to try out the co-op :)
I wouldn't get your hopes up :( I played it online with a friend and its a mess to be honest. Forget being stealthy, its almost impossible not to have guards notice you in the later levels which gets really frustrating. Its not bad just sort of disappointing and not what I was expecting.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:10 pm

ShadowMan wrote:
Rayne wrote:Can't wait to try out the co-op :)
I wouldn't get your hopes up :( I played it online with a friend and its a mess to be honest. Forget being stealthy, its almost impossible not to have guards notice you in the later levels which gets really frustrating. Its not bad just sort of disappointing and not what I was expecting.
Truth be told, I'm enjoying NOT being stealthy :lol: I'm sure purists of the series would be appalled at this entry but I'm loving that I can run through a level and shoot things to death :lol: