Japaneese action games

Got a high score accomplishment or speedrun to boast about? Share it here!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

Raziel

Japaneese action games

Post by Raziel » Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:31 pm

I'm just curious if there's any other Ninja Gaiden, Bayonetta, Vanquish etc players on here? Did a search and came up empty handed.

Not exactly retro.. I know. But, Japaneese action games are one of my guilty gaming pleasure's and imo, the only genre that still have that old skool challenge to them.

Mootown

Re: Japaneese action games

Post by Mootown » Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:03 pm

Raziel wrote:I'm just curious if there's any other Ninja Gaiden, Bayonetta, Vanquish etc players on here? Did a search and came up empty handed.

Not exactly retro.. I know. But, Japaneese action games are one of my guilty gaming pleasure's and imo, the only genre that still have that old skool challenge to them.
I'm 1000/1000 on Bayonetta and playing Vanquish on hard at the min

Raziel

Post by Raziel » Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:39 pm

Same here... the loss of Witch Time on Bayo's Infinite Climax mode certainly makes something of a difference.

I've managed 950 on Vanquish so far haven't played it in a while.. the last 50 pointer is for completing challenges. Majority of the challenges aren't that bad the one to watch out for is the last section of challenge 5. Once you've done the first 5 challenges one more opens up and it makes the others look like a walk in the park.

Have you tried God Hard?

Mootown

Post by Mootown » Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:58 am

Not tried God Hard yet dude - I'm sort of stuck in Gran Turismo 5 world, but been playing a bit of Majin and the forsaken Kingdom. Come Boxing day though it will all be about Japanese STG's!!

Mire Mare

Post by Mire Mare » Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:04 am

I thought Vanquish was a brilliant and epic game. Very Japanese in style and execution. Will there be a Vanquish 2 I wonder? I haven't heard anything.

A few years older, but also this generation, is Lost Planet. I really enjoyed playing it despite initially being put off by the difficulty, leaving the game for a while, and then returning to it and completing it. It certainly has the Japanese style action you're looking for if you haven't already played it.