Deathsmiles - Xbox 360 (all regions)

Got a high score accomplishment or speedrun to boast about? Share it here!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

Misery

Re: Deathsmiles - Xbox 360 *High Score Challenge*

Post by Misery » Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:02 am

AmidstStorm wrote:I have a fondness for DSIIX over this one. Probably because I bought it first and played the censored out of it. Still never hit massive scores. Perhaps 2 billion tops which isn't that great I dont think. I suggest we get some more high score threads set up. No one uses the high score section. Let's have a shmup makeover in here. :D

Indeed, nobody uses it, and they should!

I think I at least posted a score over in the thread for Deathsmiles 2.

Been awhile since I've played that one, come to think of it.

Sel Feena

Post by Sel Feena » Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:02 pm

Have only been playing DDP: R casually, but will see if I can get a decent score on it. :)

AmidstStorm

Post by AmidstStorm » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:07 am

rankings updated

retrojc

Re: Deathsmiles - Xbox 360 (all regions)

Post by retrojc » Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:05 pm

I can still 1CC this no probs, but getting the bomb recharge just ins;t happening. If i could get that my score would be through the rooof. :@

weakboson

Post by weakboson » Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:05 pm

Pulling off a recharge isn't easy, and making use of its full potential even less so. You'll need to watch replays and see how other people manage it if you're going to do it consistently. A few things you should look out for:

The value of the item counter when you let off the bomb - if it's too low or high you won't get best results but IIIRC around 400 is fine most of the time. You can achieve this just by powering up at the right time but you have more control over it than you might think. While in power up mode the item counter decreases at different rates depending on what attack you're using; rapid fire reduces it the slowest, holding the shot button faster, and the lock shot fastest.

The posistion of the familiar. When a bomb is let off a circle of destruction isntantly appears around your familiar - this is what you want to hit enemies. The rest of the bomb comes later and damages the whole screen but it's usually too late by that point.

The volcano recharge is probably the easiest and most profitable one you can do - for that you want to be in the top left of the screen behind the wall before the big rock and have your familiar at 6-4 o'clock (I don't know what is optimum) and release the bomb as the green eye enemies come in from the right. All of this would be a lot easier if you could rewind replays on the 360.

Misery

Post by Misery » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:10 pm

weakboson wrote:Pulling off a recharge isn't easy, and making use of its full potential even less so. You'll need to watch replays and see how other people manage it if you're going to do it consistently. A few things you should look out for:

The value of the item counter when you let off the bomb - if it's too low or high you won't get best results but IIIRC around 400 is fine most of the time. You can achieve this just by powering up at the right time but you have more control over it than you might think. While in power up mode the item counter decreases at different rates depending on what attack you're using; rapid fire reduces it the slowest, holding the shot button faster, and the lock shot fastest.

The posistion of the familiar. When a bomb is let off a circle of destruction isntantly appears around your familiar - this is what you want to hit enemies. The rest of the bomb comes later and damages the whole screen but it's usually too late by that point.

The volcano recharge is probably the easiest and most profitable one you can do - for that you want to be in the top left of the screen behind the wall before the big rock and have your familiar at 6-4 o'clock (I don't know what is optimum) and release the bomb as the green eye enemies come in from the right. All of this would be a lot easier if you could rewind replays on the 360.

Wow, I havent the foggiest idea as to what any of this means.

retrojc

Post by retrojc » Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:20 am

weakboson wrote:Pulling off a recharge isn't easy, and making use of its full potential even less so. You'll need to watch replays and see how other people manage it if you're going to do it consistently. A few things you should look out for:

Funny the Volcano is the only place i can regularly land a bomb recharge. I will be hitting DS again soon, but now I'm heavy in uni work :(

Sel Feena

Post by Sel Feena » Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:27 pm

Got back into this, great fun :)

Sel Feena - SLF - 40,539,403,503 - 4-2 EX (Ice Palace, got killed in Gorge) - 360 MBL