Playstation Vita games discussion thread

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

Space_turnip

Re: Playstation Vita games discussion thread

Post by Space_turnip » Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:45 pm

Checked on my Vita pre-order today (well, we received the stock into store, and I read the 'Top Secret Briefing' on the prices), am getting a free memory card (4gb only though), and a half price game with mine (as well as the pre-order box). Not too bad. Means I can hopefully get 2 games on Wednesday morning (booked day off work for my first ever launch day console purchase) and a couple more when I get paid Friday.

Not sure what games to go for at launch though. I want F1, but Uncharted and Wipeout look good too. I'm even tempted to buy FIFA, despite not buying a non-world cup EA football game since 2007. Not sure about the other games available, so will have to do some research.

Getting excited now. :D

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:58 am

My preorder should hopefully be sent out today, really can't wait :lol: I am looking forward to seeing how nice the games look in person, judging by the video's I've seen stuff like Gravity Daze, Uncharted, Wipeout etc. look great. Just wish Gravity Daze was a launch title, that's the game I'm looking forward to playing the most.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

Darran@Retro Gamer

Post by Darran@Retro Gamer » Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:41 am

awaiting dispatch :D
preordered Ninja Gaiden, Uncharted, Ridge Racer and Katamari. We'll be most likely reviewing ridge racer, everybody's Golf, rayman origins, wipeout, Ninja Gaiden and Super Stardust.

I love new hardware launches.

Grizzly

Post by Grizzly » Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:43 am

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Hell of a launch line up. Amazon has switched to shipping soon :D
I write for...
Check us out for news, reviews and features on the blackest of consoles.Image

thevulture

Post by thevulture » Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:57 am

'if you try to use an existing PSN (or SEN, as it’s now known) account you’ll be told that the Vita will need to do a firmware update (the latest system software isn’t on the Vita yet) but will then take you back to the account screen.  Ad infinitum.

Here’s what to do:

Press ‘do not use‘ rather than ‘use‘ when asked about your account.
This will set you up on a trial (temporary) PSN/SEN account.
Watch the video, it lasts a few minutes.
Then it’ll let you update the system software.  If you don’t get a prompt, go into Settings and it’s at the top.
Then you can go back and use your PSN/SEN account.'

From TheSixthAxis.Thought i'd post it for all you expecting your Vita's very soon.Hope Sony sorts this out with future firmware update.

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:57 am

Everybody's Golf Vita arrived today :D

...now I just need a system to play it on -__-""

Also! It doesn't come with paper instructions D: I hope it's not the same for every title!

Work gave me £40 in vouchers as an unexpected bonus for doing well, those will be going toward picking up Uncharted or Ninja Gaiden :D haven't decided which yet

thevulture

Post by thevulture » Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:00 am

'Basically, the Vita will want to connect to your wireless Wi-Fi router when you first boot it up, and it’ll want to look for Firmware updates at the same time as trying to get you to sign into your PSN account.  But it can’t, and gets stuck in a frustrating loop.It’s trivial once you’ve worked it out, but I remember being stumped with this back in December, so it’s worth pointing out. 

Basically, if you’ve already got a PSN account from your PS3 or PSP, you’ll need to abandon it temporarily whilst the Vita updates.'

Bit more relating to earlier post, as to why you have to abandon your PSN account to get started with Vita.(From same Sixthaxis report).

thevulture

Post by thevulture » Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:07 am

:? ' (Again from 6thAxis:Quick note: the PS Vita has been updated to version 1.61, with new system software arriving over the air this morning, just in time for the EU release tomorrow.

However, the changelist looks strangely familiar – a ‘new’ Maps app and the ability to record video via the Vita’s cameras are the only things listed, although the PS Blog says that there’s some tweaks to the system software itself.

If those changes manifest themselves into anything substantial, we’ll let you know.'

Bloody confused now.NO idea if this latest firmware update sorts out issue/s i raised in earlier post, so leaving the fix up in case it does'nt.Stuff like this?reason i never buy launch hardware anymore.Hope the issues are adressed by time you guys n girls get your Vita and can just switch on and enjoy.Fingers crossed for you all...

Darran@Retro Gamer

Post by Darran@Retro Gamer » Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:27 am

I've owned 2 PS3 and 3 PSPs and a PSP Go all using my Strideristhebest account.
I hope that I haven't used up all my account passes (wasn't it 5) will be gutted if I can't connect to my existing account.

Grizzly

Post by Grizzly » Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:50 am

Darran@Retro Gamer wrote:I've owned 2 PS3 and 3 PSPs and a PSP Go all using my Strideristhebest account.
I hope that I haven't used up all my account passes (wasn't it 5) will be gutted if I can't connect to my existing account.
If you have used all five then you could always de authorise one of your psp's in your account settings. Although this is a concern for me as well. I want to use my I'd as I have a couple of psp games downloaded that I would like to play. And I would rather not argue with Sony to get it running again.
I write for...
Check us out for news, reviews and features on the blackest of consoles.Image

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:54 am

Mines now been dispatched :mrgreen: Even better is that according to the tracking info it should be with me today. Its going to be a long work day...
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:57 am

Grizzly wrote:
Darran@Retro Gamer wrote:I've owned 2 PS3 and 3 PSPs and a PSP Go all using my Strideristhebest account.
If you have used all five then you could always de authorise one of your psp's in your account settings. Although this is a concern for me as well. I want to use my I'd as I have a couple of psp games downloaded that I would like to play. And I would rather not argue with Sony to get it running again.
This is a worry for me, as I buy and trade a lot I've owned in excess of 7 PSP's - naturally I maxed out my 5 slots and I no longer own an original PSP.

Last time I tried calling Sony customer support to get them all reset they blew me off, called me a Pirate and refused to help. Here's hoping used PSP slots don't count toward Vita slots..

Darran@Retro Gamer

Post by Darran@Retro Gamer » Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:00 am

Grizzly wrote:
See my concern here is that 2 of my PSPs broke, making it impossible to deactivate them. Darn. I'm going to worry all night now.

Mootown

Post by Mootown » Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:07 am

I linked mine with no problems at all - the software updated and now my PS3 and Vita are like brothers :)

thevulture

Post by thevulture » Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:35 am

'Last time I tried calling Sony customer support to get them all reset they blew me off, called me a Pirate and refused to help.'@Rayne.

Your exp.there, similar to mine when i had oil appear on my PS3 game discs-You ring Sony to try and get it sorted, your 'blown off' soon as you start to explain situation (I was called a liar), transfered from dept.to dept, same each time and finally they just say send in old machine with chq.get a re-con.model.

Sony's customer service this generation:wretched, far cry from Playstation 1 days and why i'm wary of buying Sony products again.They have a mountain to climb as far as customer support goes.They talk the talk of learning lessons, i've yet to see real evidence of it.