What grinds your gears ?

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

TwoHeadedBoy

Re: What grinds your gears ?

Post by TwoHeadedBoy » Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:34 pm

pratty wrote:Petty bureaucracy getting in the way of customer service grinds my gears.
I'll never be using Play.com again, for reasons similar to this.

On the 28th of November, I ordered a DVD as a present for someone for Xmas, said it would take 3-5 days. 7-9 days later, and still no DVD, so I look in the Help section. They tell me to click a "Where's my item?" button, and yet this button does not exist. Reading the small print, it says I have to wait 15 BUSINESS days before something can be "lost".

So I emailed them - I know Xmas is a busy time of year, but a bit of information wouldn't go amiss. No reply at all. I finally get an email off them this morning, telling me to print out a form and send it off to them to get either a replacement or a refund. I already bought the DVD at the Co-Op instead, for £2 more (so it was a merry Xmas for the giftee, no worries). So to claim back my money, I have to go to the library, pay for the print out, then pay for an envelope and send it off to them.

Amazon, meanwhile, just require a few buttons to be clicked if you want a refund. That's why I love Amazon, and that's why this is the first time I've used Play since 2009, and it's also the last time I'll ever be using them. Bah etc.
My comics blog (mostly lesser-known UK stuff from the 80s and 90s)
C=Style wrote:It's always refreshing and nice to see someone such as TwoHeadedBoy who is a SNES hating bastard at the best of times rate a SNES game so highly.

thevulture

Post by thevulture » Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:55 pm

JetSetWilly wrote:People in general, even the ones who seem oblivious to the queue forming behind them, because they are too BLOODY SLOW, or doing the Idiotic Shuffle. Or the ones who take up the whole aisle, with just them two and their trolley. Why? The aisle is big enough for two people to walk either way, so why should Pillock Man and Idiot Woman take the whole aisle? Why, God, WHY????????
How about (and it seems mainly women that do this), people who park the trolley sideways in an isle and decide it's a great place for a natter with person on other isle, who's done the bloody same.

Your blocking the isle love!.Yesterday? had a mare of a job getting through with just a ruddy hand basket, said 'excuse me' and was asked why i did'nt go the other way around, cheeky so*....and look they both gave me, why i oughta....

The Angry Jock

Post by The Angry Jock » Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:01 pm

JetSetWilly wrote:People in general, even the ones who seem oblivious to the queue forming behind them, because they are too BLOODY SLOW, or doing the Idiotic Shuffle. Or the ones who take up the whole aisle, with just them two and their trolley. Why? The aisle is big enough for two people to walk either way, so why should Pillock Man and Idiot Woman take the whole aisle? Why, God, WHY????????
I was seriously losing the rag the other day when I went to the cinema, we went quite early so there wasn't many people there but of the 15 who were none of them knew where the queue actually was, only who was at the end. There's divides up and a big f*ck off line on the floor indicating where the queue needed to be...so I stood on it, ranting away and embarassing the missus. Eventually when another 100 people turned up (in total chaos) this sarcastic lass turned up and quizzed me then preceeded to lecture the idiots about how to queue...I didn't even move an inch I was exactly where I should've been with a smug look on my face.

It takes very little to provoke me these days :lol:
Retropassion reborn
sscott wrote:I fuck1n love the fuck1n Internet and all its fuckin fu(kball opinions. I fuck1n like this fuk(her, I don't fuccckin like this fuckeeer. It's not out yet, that isn't gonna gonna stop me! No sir! and so onnnnnnnnnn........

Combo-Breaker

Post by Combo-Breaker » Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:03 pm

greenberet79 wrote:Parents swearing at their young kids.
Keeping with the trend, parents who don't discipline their kid or act as more of a mate than a parent to them and let them scream the place down etc annoy the hell out of me!

Also when people go to a censored train station and enquire about a ticket for their trip which they don't book up til 6 months later, and they want to know EVERY LITTLE DETAIL about it! Here's an idea, how about enquiring about the trip and THEN booking it in the same week to 10 days? That really pisses me off.

QuantumCrayons

Post by QuantumCrayons » Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:30 pm

To add to the silly people in supermarket isles:

I'm working in ASDA just now, solely in the soft drinks department. I usually drag a literal half tonne of juice/pallet/trolley through the shop. Women with two kids, old people and even other workers seem intent to walk towards me, forcing me to push against this massive crate of stuff to stop it ploughing over both of us, wrecking my feet in the process as it runs them over.

JetSetWilly

Post by JetSetWilly » Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:44 pm

QuantumCrayons wrote:To add to the silly people in supermarket isles:

I'm working in ASDA just now, solely in the soft drinks department. I usually drag a literal half tonne of juice/pallet/trolley through the shop. Women with two kids, old people and even other workers seem intent to walk towards me, forcing me to push against this massive crate of stuff to stop it ploughing over both of us, wrecking my feet in the process as it runs them over.
I know the feeling. Always happens when I'm pulling cages of frozen stuff to bung in our freezer, and they come out of the aisle....RIGHT IN F**KING FRONT OF ME!!! Or, they see you coming but don't move. Ok, love, I'll run you over with this heavy cage and you'll sue. Stupid monkey.
JSW's Guff Emporium! <- My bit of t'internet.
IronMaidenRule wrote:I want to be a mighty warrior that can give people Vajjazles with a swing of his mighty sword, and also replenish health with communal Merkins!....I would like to be called....Norman!

Pixiu

Post by Pixiu » Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:53 pm

thevulture wrote:Yesterday? had a mare of a job getting through with just a ruddy hand basket, said 'excuse me' and was asked why i did'nt go the other way around, cheeky so*....and look they both gave me, why i oughta....
I will never understand those people who park their trolleys at an angle that almost blocks the aisle and then stand in the remaining gap while dumbly contemplating the shelves. Why the hell don't they just shift their trolley to one side? Then usually when you try to get past with a "scuse me" they look all startled as if it hadn't occurred to them that they weren't the sole person in the shop. The idea of one actually whinging that you didn't go the long way round is actually making me angry on your behalf!

Another annoying thing I've seen some shoppers do is they park their trolley near one end of the aisle cos they don't want the hassle of steering it down the aisle. But of course they leave it in some hugely inconvenient position that obstructs other shoppers. At least you can just push those ones out of the way.

And you guys who have to tow or push huge loads of product through the store with customers wandering dozily into your path, can I just say that I always get out of the way in those situations. I'll even go down a completely different aisle to make things easier.

When it comes to doing the right thing in supermarkets, I'm like Good Dog Greg.
"A farmer doesn't bother telling a pig its breath smells like sh*t."

DigitalDuck

Post by DigitalDuck » Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:07 am

I prefer Smug Dog Steve.

Xbox Live | YouTube | Top games picture | Top games list

Help needed for gaming-related projects! PM or email for full details if you can do:
2D or 3D art
Story writing
Shmup level design

Vyothric

Post by Vyothric » Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:51 pm

People who talk amongst themselves when sat at the same table.
LastFM | Mods | Music | Twitter | YouTube

Zwischen Leere und Nichts

mohicankid

Post by mohicankid » Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:48 pm

JetSetWilly wrote:
QuantumCrayons wrote:To add to the silly people in supermarket isles:

I know the feeling. Always happens when I'm pulling cages of frozen stuff to bung in our freezer, and they come out of the aisle....RIGHT IN F**KING FRONT OF ME!!! Or, they see you coming but don't move. Ok, love, I'll run you over with this heavy cage and you'll sue. Stupid monkey.
it actualy realy bugs me when assistants park these bloody great cages on one side of an isle rather than in the middle, completely blocking whatevers in that area, then get all huffy when you ask them to move it!

also ANY store assistants having cruddy attitudes to their customers, i'm sorry my not being able to find where you've decided to hide the ready roll icing this week puts you out, but your an assistant... assist!

and whilst i'm on it it really naffs me off when they move every thing about in store to force you to wander about aimlessly,, hoping that you'll buy somthing you never went in for!
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:11 am

mohicankid wrote: and whilst i'm on it it really naffs me off when they move every thing about in store to force you to wander about aimlessly,, hoping that you'll buy somthing you never went in for!
99% of the time that isn't the individual store's fault. At my place (and I assume it'll be a similar situation in other retail/wholesale places), we get plans emailed or posted to us from head office with new layouts and product locations that we have no choice but to follow. We get some freedom but locating general types of items is out of our hands.

___

Car insurance. Just been doing some quotes ahead of getting my first car this month and it's over £2500 to insure small 3 door hatchbacks that are 10 years old and worth around £700. I don't know whether to laugh or cry. I know what my bank balance will be doing though!
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

QuantumCrayons

Post by QuantumCrayons » Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:32 am

mohicankid wrote: it actualy realy bugs me when assistants park these bloody great cages on one side of an isle rather than in the middle, completely blocking whatevers in that area, then get all huffy when you ask them to move it!

also ANY store assistants having cruddy attitudes to their customers, i'm sorry my not being able to find where you've decided to hide the ready roll icing this week puts you out, but your an assistant... assist!
Well, if they're parked up against the thing they're stacking, you probably couldn't get in there anyways :P
As for assisting, people kept asking me where stuff was, had to keep explaining I'm not working for ASDA at which they were very confused :lol:

Kaptain_Von

Post by Kaptain_Von » Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:27 pm

Regarding idiots in supermarkets who park their trolleys at stupid angles/in awkward places, don't look where they are going (aisle zombies) or are generally obnoxious...I used to hate them but now find them a source of amusement. Why? Because Mrs Von and I play a game where if someone p*sses us off in the supermarket we will then try and get some random item they would never have bought into their trolley. Blonde WAG wannabe? Tube of haemorrhoid cream. Yummy Mummy? Lads mag. Mrs "Everything Organic"? Supermarket own brand chicken nuggets. Loud-mouthed chav meathead? Packet of stockings.

Having been seriously annoyed by a particularly obnoxious ugly, lardy, council face-lifted woman and her equally obnoxious husband I managed to get a certain item in their trolley. The reward was at the tills as they were on the next till to us and all of a sudden..."Whatchoo got vese fer? You shaggin' summun else?" as she held up the packet of 18 condoms I had added. This was followed by a screaming row that was still going on in the car park. Pure gold payback!
Cue the music, fade to black...
----------------------------------------------------------
http://kaptainskonfessions.blogspot.com/

delbert_trout

Post by delbert_trout » Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:07 pm

^ Fantastic!! :lol: :lol:
That's certainly one to remember for next time some f*cker annoys me in the supermarket!
http://www.retrogamer.net/user/delbert_trout

When you think you've got problems you don't really need,
They're maybe not as bad as they seem,
Cos in a world full of misery, with hatred and greed,
Your problems are another man's dream.

Katzkatz
Location: Sunny Eastern London suburb of Leytonstone and my own mind!

Post by Katzkatz » Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:47 am

Kaptain_Von wrote:Regarding idiots in supermarkets who park their trolleys at stupid angles/in awkward places, don't look where they are going (aisle zombies) or are generally obnoxious...I used to hate them but now find them a source of amusement. Why? Because Mrs Von and I play a game where if someone p*sses us off in the supermarket we will then try and get some random item they would never have bought into their trolley. Blonde WAG wannabe? Tube of haemorrhoid cream. Yummy Mummy? Lads mag. Mrs "Everything Organic"? Supermarket own brand chicken nuggets. Loud-mouthed chav meathead? Packet of stockings.

Having been seriously annoyed by a particularly obnoxious ugly, lardy, council face-lifted woman and her equally obnoxious husband I managed to get a certain item in their trolley. The reward was at the tills as they were on the next till to us and all of a sudden..."Whatchoo got vese fer? You shaggin' summun else?" as she held up the packet of 18 condoms I had added. This was followed by a screaming row that was still going on in the car park. Pure gold payback!

LOL. Nice one Kaptain Von! A good piece of schadenfreude. :lol: :lol: