Modern Warfare 3

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Ferret Oxide

Re: Modern Warfare 3

Post by Ferret Oxide » Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:20 am

Rayne wrote:The Spec Ops challenges were sublime, by far some of the best co-op gameplay I experienced that year.

Never got on with the online deathmatch games, it seems to be geared toward the freakishly obsessive...
This was what I experienced, too. Whenever I went online, games tended to be dominated by people running around with a pair of shotguns, killing people from stupid ranges, which I assume was a combination of perks.

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:21 am

Ferret Oxide wrote:
Rayne wrote:The Spec Ops challenges were sublime, by far some of the best co-op gameplay I experienced that year.

Never got on with the online deathmatch games, it seems to be geared toward the freakishly obsessive...
This was what I experienced, too. Whenever I went online, games tended to be dominated by people running around with a pair of shotguns, killing people from stupid ranges, which I assume was a combination of perks.
Something like that, between the abusive community (by which i mean talking) and then the cheap way they play, for me it came nowhere close to being as good as Halo Reach (which still has smack talk, but not to the degrees I experienced on MW)

ChipTune

Post by ChipTune » Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:26 pm

I would rather eat broken glass than play this sh1t

theantmeister

Post by theantmeister » Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:34 pm

ChipTune wrote:I would rather eat broken glass than play this sh1t
I would rather eat the same glass once Chiptune is "done with it" than play this sh1t.
Last edited by theantmeister on Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:35 pm

Done, I'll buy you the glass.

Hitman_HalStep

Post by Hitman_HalStep » Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:51 pm

Rayne wrote:
Done, I'll buy you the glass.
:lol:
Ferret Oxide wrote:

agree,i still say black ops is the more balanced online game and i hope this one is more like that.spec ops was great i'm proud of my platinum for that part alone,but the new one looks more like zombies with the living and i'm sh!t at zombies.
"i swear the thing is evolving before my eyes,if you see something this big with eight legs heading towards you let me know,i have to kill it before it develops language skills"

bonerlaw

Post by bonerlaw » Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:11 pm

thl wrote:
bonerlaw wrote:I suck at online on these games, so the longevity is immediately reduced dramatically for me.
As long you're not as bad as sscott. :wink:

............no comment

sscott

Post by sscott » Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:24 pm

bonerlaw wrote:
thl wrote:
bonerlaw wrote:I suck at online on these games, so the longevity is immediately reduced dramatically for me.
As long you're not as bad as sscott. :wink:

............no comment
Hey!

thl

Post by thl » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:09 am

batman877 wrote:Has anyone announced if they're planning to release it cheap on launch day?

I remember getting MW2 on launch from 'Morrisons' for £26 two years ago and Black Ops last year for £30 from 'Best Buy'.
This link comes in useful: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011- ... ce-roundup

Hitman_HalStep

Post by Hitman_HalStep » Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:39 pm

thl wrote:
batman877 wrote:Has anyone announced if they're planning to release it cheap on launch day?

I remember getting MW2 on launch from 'Morrisons' for £26 two years ago and Black Ops last year for £30 from 'Best Buy'.
This link comes in useful: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011- ... ce-roundup
got an e-mail from tesco entertainment MW3 for £25 when you buy points cards for ps3/X360
http://www.tescoentertainment.com/store ... dc3.479347
"i swear the thing is evolving before my eyes,if you see something this big with eight legs heading towards you let me know,i have to kill it before it develops language skills"

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:14 am

Hitman_HalStep wrote:
thl wrote:

got an e-mail from tesco entertainment MW3 for £25 when you buy points cards for ps3/X360
http://www.tescoentertainment.com/store ... dc3.479347
Found that one myself today and put in an order, using clubcard vouchers I'm only actually paying £18! I can sell the £25 PSN Credit and walk away with a profit :lol: :lol:

Dam

Post by Dam » Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:26 am

£29.99 at Best Buy instore today only. They were selling a few copies online for £27.99 but they've all gone now. I'm hoping I got one at that price, it checked out ok but I haven't got e-mail confirmation yet....

Joey

Post by Joey » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:11 am

Enjoying the single player more than I thought, the fight in New York is very well done.

Also the multiplayer seems alot more balanced than MW2's kill streak fest.

speedlolita

Post by speedlolita » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:23 am

I'd agree with this, in regards to online.

I quite like the single player of Call of Duty titles though.
Logged out 15/07/2014.

ShadowNeku

Post by ShadowNeku » Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:31 pm

Despite preordering months in advance and choosing first class our copy never turned up.
Had a quick look on amazon and theres 37 one star reviews of MW3 all from disgruntled customers who didnt get it today! Quite funny really, though i hope the same doesnt happen with Skyrim :?
I asked for orange. It gave me lemon lime!