Replay Expo 2011 - Official Thread

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Joey

Re: Replay Expo 2011 - Official Thread (inc name badge reque

Post by Joey » Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:05 pm

Darran@Retro Gamer wrote:If you see me this year, please come up and say hello. A lot of forum members mentioned that they were too shy to chat to me last year, which is silly as I'm a loveable approachable bloke
Yes we can talk about getting more PS2 coverage in the mag again :wink:

Chinnico

Post by Chinnico » Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:11 pm

I've just arrived at the Norbreck's and got in my room. I am now in the lobby just as last year. Free beer to the first who comes to say hallo! :D

Lorfarius

Post by Lorfarius » Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:20 pm

Hallo. Can I have it when I arrive tomorrow?
For all your mad retro gaming needs, regular content on a daily basis!

https://www.youtube.com/user/Lorfarius

Spector

Post by Spector » Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:21 pm

I'll be down there sometime after 2pm, so I'm sure I'll bump into a few of you once I find what table you are under heh... :)
The Retro Gaming Discord channel. Every Sunday from 9pm- click this link:
https://discordapp.com/invite/Tphe4UH

Don't be scared: join in the chat! :)

freemonk

Post by freemonk » Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:27 am

One more hour, then we are hitting the road for Blackpool!!

Really looking forward to it, especially after watching preview vids on Youtube and pics on the forum about what's going to be there. It looks a whole lot bigger than last year!

I think some Smash TV and TMNT arcade fun needs to be had, plus I really want to play some Pinball this year!

Lastly, I'm hoping to catch some of the forum members out and about. I must of missed everyone last year, so even if I get to meet one person I'll be happy! :D
WANTED: Spiderman: Web of Shadows (X360) / Mario Party 4 to 7 (GC) / Pikmin 2 (GC) / Muscle Bomber (SFC) / Bonkers (SNES) / Nosferatu (SNES) / Scramble (Vectrex) / Einhander (PS1) / Patapon 3 (PSP) / Sin and Punishment 2 (Wii)

Helensification

Post by Helensification » Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:06 am

Well, after a busy yesterday helping out, ready for day number 1 today. Please come over and say hello.

Oh and Spector, as I don't know what you look like, please make sure you say you're 'tor ;)

MikeFishcake

Post by MikeFishcake » Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:19 am

Just realised something - where do we pick up our name badges from? Had a quick look on the thread and can't find anything...

Lorfarius

Post by Lorfarius » Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:34 am

The door when they take your ticket, think there was a box of them last year.
For all your mad retro gaming needs, regular content on a daily basis!

https://www.youtube.com/user/Lorfarius

MikeFishcake

Post by MikeFishcake » Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:48 am

Ace!

Just going to do a big poo, then I'll jump in the car and get on the way!

subzero

Post by subzero » Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:56 am

Heading to the norbreck for about 9, get my staff gear, give mohicankid some raffle stuff then get ready for the crowds!!!! mind n say hello!!!

Gonad

Post by Gonad » Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:13 am

That's some queue! :o
ImageImage

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:39 pm

Well just got back as i went for just the one day.

Superb event, top marks to SirClive and everyone else who organised it, plus all the people who helped set things up etc, ton of work there.

Huge show, tons of people ! Highlights for me was meeting Roger Kean/Ollie Frey, played the new Speccy game Dingo which was excellent. Met a ton of the usual people from RG and lots of people from World of Spectrum which was good. Fell in love with a small mini arcade cabinet from turnarcades, very tempting ! Met Jeff Minter, saw a demo of his new game which looks great, played on an iCade, excellent device.

Cosplay girls were very nice going round ! Shame about the badges, seemed to be a ton unused at the front, as it was difficult to meet other people.

But a top day, really do have to go for the whole weekend. Cant believe how huge it was, the mini Star Wars arcade cabinet was brilliant.

Excellent day, as always its a shame this only happens once a year (Saying that the Kent show is tempting). Was also good to hear Bruce Everiss talk about the Imagine days, shame Stu Campbell wasnt there ;)

But a brilliant event, well done lads

RetroRik

Post by RetroRik » Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:48 pm

Well thats me just leaving the house for a 140 mile drive down to Somerset to pick up me boy then 240 miles up the M6.. Hope to get there for 11am..

Long day ahead but at least i can just walk upstairs at the Norbreck to crash out later..

See ya soon..

RIK

Tronads

Post by Tronads » Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:00 am

The miniture StarWars cabinet was an absolute work of art, such attention to detail, it was just wonderful....however there was something not quite right about the gameplay and/or control. It felt a little sluggish, and the controler had a strange sort of dead zone issue, which caused problems with small amounts of movement, for example following a tie fighter round the screen shooting its fireballs. Im pretty good at this game, used to be able to make a game last as long as I wanted, and at last years R3play I had a shot on the upright that was there, and still managed to get past wave 20 even after about 5 years since last playing it....but on this mini one, I didnt get past wave 6.
Niggles aside, it was an absolutely beautiful design and build, and the dual game facility was excellent.

the_hawk

Post by the_hawk » Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:41 pm

On last leg of journey home.

Astounding weekend, so many memories, very very thankful for those that made it all possible. You guys made it look flawless though I can only begin to imagine the work that went on behind the scenes.

Great to see a load of familiar faces, even though I barely had enough time for any lengthy chats.

Got to play loads of games this year & we have 3 new converts to retro gaming events in my mates Pete, Jonny & Will who had never experienced anything quite like it & are definitely signed up if there's a Replay 2012!

Great choice of hosts in Max & OB, really funny down to earth guys that know their videogames & did a good job of getting some enthusiasm going.

Top work everybody!
You can follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/DaveySloan
Sponsor Me http://www.justgiving.com/daveysloan2014

OR type 99 to continue