Formula 1 2011 Thread.....

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

Katzkatz
Location: Sunny Eastern London suburb of Leytonstone and my own mind!

Re: Formula 1 2011 Thread.....

Post by Katzkatz » Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:19 pm

Everyone : "Sebastian is faster than you. Do you understand?". It seems so. :lol: Another win for 'Finger Man'! He just makes it look easy. He'll have to wait for Suzuka for his WDC.

Good race for Di Resta and Jenson Button. Button looks likely to fight for the 2nd place in the WDC. It could be very interesting, with him, Alonso and Webber in the hunt for it.

I see Schumi has just been reprimanded for his crash into Perez. A bit OTT. Not Schumi's fault, really. A mistake.

Epic fail of the day : Hamilton, again. It started in qualifyng, but his smash with Massa was unnecessary and costly for him.

markopoloman

Post by markopoloman » Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:17 pm

Did you press the Red Button for the F1 Forum? Massa has flipped his lid and the Hamilton Massa trouble is going to carry on for a while yet!

In comparison of the other races this season, I would not rate that one near the top. Maybe 6/10....
I wish Button/McLaren had explained why Button was falling back all the time directly after the race. It just looked like Button just couldn't be arsed to put up the chase! As it turns out, the team told him to look after the car and not chase Vettel down in stints 1 & 2 - then at the end and on new tyres told him that he was 'now allowed to race!!!' - shame really as Button DID have a bloody quick car (hence the fastest lap of the race).
Lewis - hmmmmm silly mistakes. He is the rookie that he should have been in his 1st F1 year :roll:
OFF TOPIC DISCUSSIONS - http://retrocanteen.boards.net/

Katzkatz

Post by Katzkatz » Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:36 pm

markopoloman wrote:Did you press the Red Button for the F1 Forum? Massa has flipped his lid and the Hamilton Massa trouble is going to carry on for a while yet!
Yeah, I saw that on the BBC's website. Massa's little jibe at Lewis in the press paddock. I can see why he was angry, but still you don't take it out on people that way. This looks like the feud could run and run.

Lewis is having a colourful season to say the least. I don't think his management change helps him. Rather the opposite. He has made too many mistakes this season.

ChipTune

Post by ChipTune » Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:30 am

Oh NO did I miss the formula 1?? I was busy staring at this freshly painted wall drying

StarshipUK

Post by StarshipUK » Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:29 am

Katzkatz wrote: All the talk in the paddock, is of the possible return of Kimi. I would like to see him back as he is a character. Plus having 6 WDCs in F1 racing would be amazing. Just a shame that Williams isn't running well.
Favourite Kimi Quote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MlsMVzrp2o
I'm gonna burn your house down. With a lemon.

Katzkatz

Post by Katzkatz » Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:11 pm

Yeah I remember that. It was great. Martin's response was good as well(not in the video clip shown): "I hope you have a lighter car!". :lol:

markopoloman

Post by markopoloman » Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:56 pm

ChipTune wrote:Oh NO did I miss the formula 1?? I was busy staring at this freshly painted wall drying
Hmmmm - no interest in F1? Plenty of other threads to read then.

Did you paint the wall all by yourself? or did you get an adult to help :lol:
OFF TOPIC DISCUSSIONS - http://retrocanteen.boards.net/

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:57 pm

Wasn't as enjoyable a race as some this season but all the pit stops near the end and tyre changes made it a bit more interesting. Shame to see Schuey crash out - would love to see him get a podium position sometime soon :)

Not looking forward to next season now that Sky have nicked the rights to half the races :evil: . I don't have fecking Sky and they seem to be hoovering up anything decent :cry:
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

Katzkatz

Post by Katzkatz » Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:54 pm

Get up early for the Japanese Grand Prix. At Suzuka(a decent track). Finger Man just really needs to turn up and claim his title. Lewis made a big mistake in qualifying - he could of had pole. It would have been the only non Red Bull pole of the year, but sadly not to be. Pole number 12 for Mr. Vettel.

I think the race could be very interesting. The McLaren does look very quick around Suzuka. Possibly faster than the Red Bull. Plus they have different rear wings. The tyre wear is going to be high at Suzuka. So there are lots of factors into the mix. It will be interesting to see what both Lewis and Jenson do.

Katzkatz

Post by Katzkatz » Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:33 am

Well done to Sebastian Vettel. A second word title. Well deserved. Although, I thought that he and Jenson would get together at the start! Another feud brewing? Anyway, congratulations fellow vinyl lover.

Well done to Jenson as well for winning at Suzuka. A good race from him. I think the Red Bull was a bit too hard on its tyres.

A good race from Alonso as well. He even tried for the win. The Ferrari wasn't the fastest car here and Alonso was second and nearly managed to hassle Button.

Lewis had a so-so race. At least he didn't crash. His nemesis Massa was there in the mix. He managed a clean pass on him this time.

Next week F1 goes to Korea. A track that I still haven't decided on.

RMLF

Post by RMLF » Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:05 am

Echo the sentiments, blinding race

If Button had been driving the Redbull this season, would Vettel have had a chance?

Though Vettel has won the championship, Button has been utterly immense in a car that clearly isnt as good as the Redbull through out much of the seasos and wins in Canada, which is among the best GP's of all time imo and consistent podiums plus, barring two retirements that he could do nothing about he has been in the top three in 8 out of the last 11 races.. The glaring discrepancy is a 6th at Valencia.

Just saying like
The Artist Formerly Known as Ralph Milne's Left Foot :P

Wheres Gus Ceasar when you need him?... Pah!

Ralph's Trade/Sale Thread http://www.retrogamer.net/forum/viewtop ... =6&t=22769

DreamcastRIP

Post by DreamcastRIP » Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:23 pm

Woot! The movie documentary Senna is now out in the shops on Blu-ray disc and DVD. :D :D :D

I hope to be getting the Blu-ray triple pack 2 disc version which includes a nice-looking booklet:
http://www.play.com/DVD/Blu-ray/4-/2071 ... -ray%7d%2b

For those with £270 burning a hole in their pocket... http://www.play.com/DVD/Blu-ray/4-/2195 ... -ray%7d%2b :shock: :lol:
Own: Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive MegaCD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS GBm GBA GBC GBP GB Virtual Boy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac

Joey

Post by Joey » Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:42 pm

DreamcastRIP wrote:Woot! The movie documentary Senna is now out in the shops on Blu-ray disc and DVD. :D :D :D
So glad I go to see it on the big screen, the footage of the onboard cameras is just superb.

I'll be picking it up tommorow.

Katzkatz

Post by Katzkatz » Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:20 pm

Joey wrote:
DreamcastRIP wrote:Woot! The movie documentary Senna is now out in the shops on Blu-ray disc and DVD. :D :D :D
So glad I go to see it on the big screen, the footage of the onboard cameras is just superb.

I'll be picking it up tommorow.
Yeah, the lap around Monaco is the one to watch. Taking a turbocharged F1 car; with a manual gate gearshift, around there was just amasing. You really got the feeling like you were in a tunnel all the way around the lap, as the barriers made it feel that way. You could see what Senna meant by : "being in the zone".

DreamcastRIP

Post by DreamcastRIP » Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:27 pm

The likes of Amazon and Play.com have now upped the price of the Blu-ray triple pack + booklet version to £25-£26 (the version I want) so I just got in quick to order it from TheHut for £17.99. Impatience got the better of me!
Own: Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive MegaCD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS GBm GBA GBC GBP GB Virtual Boy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac