yes
47%
no
53%

Total votes: 150

DPrinny

Re: wrestling

Post by DPrinny » Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:16 am

TNA has been getting higher ratings than WWE in the UK.
Probably because it isnt a bugger to watch it

freemonk

Post by freemonk » Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:46 am

I'm guessing that TNA gets a bigger UK audience because you get Challenge TV in any basic entertainment package with Sky/Virgin/BT, whereas with WWE you have to pay for Sky Sports which will set you back £10-£15 a month.

Thank god for the internet though!
WANTED: Spiderman: Web of Shadows (X360) / Mario Party 4 to 7 (GC) / Pikmin 2 (GC) / Muscle Bomber (SFC) / Bonkers (SNES) / Nosferatu (SNES) / Scramble (Vectrex) / Einhander (PS1) / Patapon 3 (PSP) / Sin and Punishment 2 (Wii)

bensonrad

Post by bensonrad » Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:57 am

Challenge is freeview to anyone with a freeview box, sadly I am in an area which does not pick it up.
.....thank god for the internet...too! :lol:
WANTED: ANY SNES or GAMEBOY GAMES, OR EMPTY BOXES, INSTRUCTION MANUALS or WHITE INNER TRAYS, going for FULL SETS of both.

mohicankid

Post by mohicankid » Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:31 pm

bensonrad wrote:Challenge is freeview to anyone with a freeview box, sadly I am in an area which does not pick it up.
.....thank god for the internet...too! :lol:
you cant watch CHALENGE after 5 with a BT box though, which realy pissed me off when it went on there, becouse on demand held back the episodes i was paying to watch until a week later, was not amused and even got into an argument on twitter with matt morgan and tommy dreamer!
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

retrogamerdude

Post by retrogamerdude » Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:45 pm

mohicankid wrote:don't forget they also own all the wcw footage as well as a lot of the indi companies tv shows, might be interesting!
they own the ECW footage as well?
Retro Gamer For Life <3

Lately been playing:
Splatoon 2 (Nintendo Switch)

Last Purchase - Super Mario Odyssey (NS)

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:48 pm

retrogamerdude wrote:
mohicankid wrote:don't forget they also own all the wcw footage as well as a lot of the indi companies tv shows, might be interesting!
they own the ECW footage as well?
Yeah they kinda bought the brand and turned it into something censored

freemonk

Post by freemonk » Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:35 pm

So it's 'Night of Champions' tonight. Anyone want to take a guess of the outcomes?

My guesses are:

Mark Henry vs Randy Orton: Win to Randy Orton. Not sure how, but he's got to stay Champ, just because he's the front man for the WWE 12 game.

John Cena vs Alberto Del Rio: Win to Alberto. He'll cheat the win somehow against Cena.

R-Truth & The Miz vs Air Boom: Win to R-Truth and The Miz. They are my favs in the WWE at the moment, and I think they can relight the Tag Team matches again.

The Game vs CM Punk: Hard to call this one, but I'm hoping The Game wins, just because I love him being the new boss of the WWE. I'm just not a big fan of CM Punk, but I do think that Diesel will be back upsetting things again and playing a part in all of this.

Kelly Kelly vs some other big boobed barbie doll. Does anyone care about women wrestling anymore?

So what does everyone else think?
WANTED: Spiderman: Web of Shadows (X360) / Mario Party 4 to 7 (GC) / Pikmin 2 (GC) / Muscle Bomber (SFC) / Bonkers (SNES) / Nosferatu (SNES) / Scramble (Vectrex) / Einhander (PS1) / Patapon 3 (PSP) / Sin and Punishment 2 (Wii)

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:12 pm

^Watch TNAs females

they can at least put on a decent match

Speaking of I have the review of the last PPV on my computer. I just have to add more to it and check it

pratty

Post by pratty » Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:20 pm

freemonk wrote:So it's 'Night of Champions' tonight. Anyone want to take a guess of the outcomes?

My guesses are:

Mark Henry vs Randy Orton: Win to Randy Orton. Not sure how, but he's got to stay Champ, just because he's the front man for the WWE 12 game.

John Cena vs Alberto Del Rio: Win to Alberto. He'll cheat the win somehow against Cena.

R-Truth & The Miz vs Air Boom: Win to R-Truth and The Miz. They are my favs in the WWE at the moment, and I think they can relight the Tag Team matches again.

The Game vs CM Punk: Hard to call this one, but I'm hoping The Game wins, just because I love him being the new boss of the WWE. I'm just not a big fan of CM Punk, but I do think that Diesel will be back upsetting things again and playing a part in all of this.

Kelly Kelly vs some other big boobed barbie doll. Does anyone care about women wrestling anymore?

So what does everyone else think?
I agree with everything, except I just have a feeling that Air Boom will retain.

Would love to see Mark Henry win just for the shock value, but it's not happening.
Pratty's trade list, updated (May 2019)!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=54823

mohicankid

Post by mohicankid » Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:49 am

pratty wrote: Would love to see Mark Henry win just for the shock value, but it's not happening.
:D
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

RMLF

Post by RMLF » Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:25 pm

Unsure what to think of the PPV, though seem to be staying up and watching more these days which is good

The giant Cena Head was funny

Match quality was okay apart from Rhodes vs Dibiase which I really couldnt give two hoots about

As for the main event

Horrible.. People are saying match of the year and stuff. It was contrived and the Awesome Truth interference and other stuff just completely destroyed any momentum it had, the worst Dusty finish possible.

At least Punk wasnt totally buried despite Nash No selling his offence 3 Pedigrees (?), a Jackknife and a kicking from Awesome Truth was surely enough to say he was beat

With Hell in a Cell in a few weeks could be a load of rematches

Well done to Mark Henry, despite being a heel, the crowd popped like no bodies business and Henry's post match speech was excellent as well. Thats how to book a monstah!

The Artist Formerly Known as Ralph Milne's Left Foot :P

Wheres Gus Ceasar when you need him?... Pah!

Ralph's Trade/Sale Thread http://www.retrogamer.net/forum/viewtop ... =6&t=22769

GigaPepsiMan

Post by GigaPepsiMan » Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:38 pm

To celebrate their first theatrical release in more than a decade – Disney’s "The Muppets," opening this Thanksgiving – the Muppets will step into the ring on the Oct. 31 WWE Raw SuperShow to mix it up with the Superstars in Atlanta.

What will happen when Kermit the Frog meets The Viper? Will the Divas make Miss Piggy flip with jealousy? Will Beaker be confused for Sheamus? On Halloween, it's time to play the music, it's time to light the lights, because the Muppets are about to get Raw!

pratty

Post by pratty » Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:28 pm

The Muppets on RAW?! Is it wrong of me to be looking forward to this?
Pratty's trade list, updated (May 2019)!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=54823

slof99

Post by slof99 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:48 pm

hell no i am looking forward to animal going beserk lol
ps1 and ps3 games kids dvds and blurays all welcome

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:46 pm

In before LOD reunion with the muppets