Today

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

sscott

Re: Today

Post by sscott » Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:44 pm

James A wrote:Today i handed my notice in at work. My cunning plan of trying to stay till the end of December and using up my three and a bit weeks of holiday failed and ill be leaving 4th November. Glad to be getting out fo the job but not looking forward to the prospect of unemployment again and being a long way from home with alot more bills than last time this happend.
That bad huh? That you'd rather be unemployed that continue to work there?

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:26 pm

The Angry Jock wrote:I used to like my job.
Last job I had I liked, till those in charge changed (from "keep your headphones hidden if the main boss is about" to "take them off now", they got faster machines in (really a two person on the back machine with just me on?) and the hours changed.

oh and the main language there changed from English to Polish. Nothing personal, but in a job where you have to talk/hand sign to each other it becomes hard.

Still looking the fug forward to hearing back from the SIA. They say it takes upto a month and if I already have work lined up.(Unlike with retail where theres 1000s that go for one job this work you need the card to work)
Yay

Today. I tided up some more.
When theres not much on the floor I feel the need for a carpet. I also have a load of boxes of stuff to sort at the end

And the parrot nearly flew out the window (she landed on the ledge, had a look about and I grabbed her. they are not even fully open)
Need to get some kind of mesh for the windows so I can have them open while she flys about

retrogamerdude

Post by retrogamerdude » Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:50 pm

Today i've felt like i just cant do anything right lately, im so down and dont want to get up in the morning and just sleep and thats it, i just wanna hurt myself or just let my anger out, but im not that type of person who gets angry easy or want to hurt myself but some days i can be like this
Retro Gamer For Life <3

Lately been playing:
Splatoon 2 (Nintendo Switch)

Last Purchase - Super Mario Odyssey (NS)

r0jaws

Post by r0jaws » Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:35 pm

Today I got my Afghan medal, which was nice.

IronMaidenRule

Post by IronMaidenRule » Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:12 pm

retrogamerdude wrote:Today i've felt like i just cant do anything right lately, im so down and dont want to get up in the morning and just sleep and thats it, i just wanna hurt myself or just let my anger out, but im not that type of person who gets angry easy or want to hurt myself but some days i can be like this
Try listening to the Metallica St Anger record, might be some lyrics or stories in there that you identify with. Had a mate who was having a bad year and this record really helped him out.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:30 pm

retrogamerdude wrote:Today i've felt like i just cant do anything right lately, im so down and dont want to get up in the morning and just sleep and thats it, i just wanna hurt myself or just let my anger out, but im not that type of person who gets angry easy or want to hurt myself but some days i can be like this
I would say to take it all out on something solid. While listening to something loud and headbangy
But that might reck your fists (or wall)

It works for me when im feeling angry

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:01 am

r0jaws wrote:Today I got my Afghan medal, which was nice.
Are you a dog handler? ;)
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

Crunchy

Post by Crunchy » Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:10 am

Normal emotional state when you support Spennymoor I should think.

greenberet79

Post by greenberet79 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:41 am

tekaotaku wrote:Today kicked off at work about the same sodding people getting all the Saturday work! One of them was stood in the office this morning whining he wasn't able to go for a drink on Friday just gone because they had rang him up and asked him to do overtime! So I kicked off this morning, said my piece, embarrassed a few of the over time grabbing bastards and then at 10am got a call from the boss asking if I wanted overtime for the next 3 weeks.

Of course I said yes, apparently my little rant had caused the 'regulars' to pull out of overtime, nice. See how I get treated in the morning but I don't really give a damn...sod em....and breath...
Same here. The weekend events have been roped off all summer by the same people. £350 extra a month. Ridiculous.
"Very soon our luck will change, we'll do what we need to do to win matches, and we'll fly."

dste

Post by dste » Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:35 pm

Today I received confirmation of both a temporary job and the start of my college course. :D
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

retrogamerdude

Post by retrogamerdude » Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:04 pm

Crunchy wrote:Normal emotional state when you support Spennymoor I should think.
Na that will give me a heart attack ;) Anger is not the best thing when your working in the public sector :lol:

Today im back to my old self after blasting some heavy metal this morning through my head phones :D Oh and having a good sleep as well :D
Retro Gamer For Life <3

Lately been playing:
Splatoon 2 (Nintendo Switch)

Last Purchase - Super Mario Odyssey (NS)

pforson

Post by pforson » Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:57 pm

When you really need a pee, proper can't wait. You're peeing and and suddenly the urge for a pooh comes. Can't stp the pee gotta keep it flowing. The only option is fart, but is it only fart? This is usually induced by the coo sum ton of alcohol. After peeing the med to check the pants and it's normally clean but you still med to wipe. Not fun. Why can't god let one pee in peace?
WANTED: Amiga CD32 games. PM me. :)

jdanddiet

Post by jdanddiet » Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:25 am

pforson wrote:When you really need a pee, proper can't wait. You're peeing and and suddenly the urge for a pooh comes. Can't stp the pee gotta keep it flowing. The only option is fart, but is it only fart? This is usually induced by the coo sum ton of alcohol. After peeing the med to check the pants and it's normally clean but you still med to wipe. Not fun. Why can't god let one pee in peace?
:lol:
For retro news, full articles, retrospectives and a gallery of my work check out http://wizwords.net/
Wizwords on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Wizwords
and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/wizwords

sscott

Post by sscott » Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:36 am

My Daughter has just told me there are only 3 things she's scared of:
- Killer Sharks
- Sharks
- and those sharks with 'two eyes'

Think there's a theme there! Love kids! :D

felgekarp

Post by felgekarp » Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:13 am

I was rummaging through a box of old lego bits today and I found a handle bar and flap for my speeder bike, I'm still one flap short of a full bike though :(
Splink!