Today

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

psj3809

Re: Today

Post by psj3809 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:53 am

Blimey this sounded too good to be true. I'm with BT at the moment, they called up to offer me BT Infinity, currently get 6 gig and this is a guaranteed 27 gig ! Blimey ! Get it installed a week on friday, result, same price as i'm paying at the mo. BT arent the cheapest but working at home i need a good connection and i've hardly had any issues.

Looking forward to super super quick broadband. Funny looking back to the days of 28k modem or a 512k modem which i thought was fast !

The Mask Seller

Post by The Mask Seller » Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:41 am

Today I felt old as it took me an hour and a half to build this...

For my son as it's his 5th birthday. Didn't have my glasses on so couldn't see that the girder bits have tiny letters printed on them that are also on the illustrations in the instructions I was carefully trying to follow. Must of half built it (badly) and took it apart 3 times before I realised.
"Only the guilty have anything to fear. And the innocent, if we're having a slow day."

Hitman_HalStep

Post by Hitman_HalStep » Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:33 pm

received an e-mail from ubisoft with a code to download the beta for the next assasins creed multi player ,which was nice. :)
also the rgb scart for xbox arrived today,tried it out and thief is now playable,which was very nice. :D
"i swear the thing is evolving before my eyes,if you see something this big with eight legs heading towards you let me know,i have to kill it before it develops language skills"

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:00 pm

Today I had a walk home from Ashton (about 7 miles?)
Popped into a pub on the way and had a nice pint by the canal

retrogamerdude

Post by retrogamerdude » Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:06 am

Today is another day im counting down to GOW3 :D And i'm having such a bad morning :(
Retro Gamer For Life <3

Lately been playing:
Splatoon 2 (Nintendo Switch)

Last Purchase - Super Mario Odyssey (NS)

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:13 am

Today I am ill.
Bad cough that makes my brain hurt

Carrot007

Post by Carrot007 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:26 am

DPrinny wrote:Today I am ill.
Bad cough that makes my brain hurt
Bah! I wondered why I was ill today. It must be you!

Damn you and your random sending of illness though the internet ;-)

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:48 am

I blame the parrot

She sneezed on me the other day

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:41 am

I bet theres a granny out there thinking a virus sent through email is indeed that, some sort of flu bug !

sscott

Post by sscott » Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:41 pm

Back teaching again today, not so bad, pupils were chatty but listened quite well overall. B+ :D

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:23 pm

Today I'm home alone again. Mrs Ant is off to Benidorm with her mum for 10 days.

I've booked Monday & Tuesday off work so I've a long weekend of gaming planned starting with a Guitar Hero session at my one gaming buddies place on Friday night :D
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:03 am

^Sounds great ! I recently had two days of 'boy time' as the wife was away. Was great !

Anyway couldnt believe this story and the video....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-somerset-14820305

Glad shes going to prison, could have been terrible the accidents she might have got into.

tekaotaku

Post by tekaotaku » Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:18 pm

Today kicked off at work about the same sodding people getting all the Saturday work! One of them was stood in the office this morning whining he wasn't able to go for a drink on Friday just gone because they had rang him up and asked him to do overtime! So I kicked off this morning, said my piece, embarrassed a few of the over time grabbing bastards and then at 10am got a call from the boss asking if I wanted overtime for the next 3 weeks.

Of course I said yes, apparently my little rant had caused the 'regulars' to pull out of overtime, nice. See how I get treated in the morning but I don't really give a damn...sod em....and breath...
Image - "still barking at the silver moon!"

James A

Post by James A » Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:36 pm

Today i handed my notice in at work. My cunning plan of trying to stay till the end of December and using up my three and a bit weeks of holiday failed and ill be leaving 4th November. Glad to be getting out fo the job but not looking forward to the prospect of unemployment again and being a long way from home with alot more bills than last time this happend.

The Angry Jock

Post by The Angry Jock » Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:29 pm

I'm about ready to jack it in too, I've been black balled because I ranted for an hour at director last week after doing a 22 hour shift because of a useless project manager, now the PM is refusing to speak to me...f*cking ridiculous, as I have a deadline tomorrow which I'll probably miss and now I just cannot be bothered. I used to like my job.
Retropassion reborn
sscott wrote:I fuck1n love the fuck1n Internet and all its fuckin fu(kball opinions. I fuck1n like this fuk(her, I don't fuccckin like this fuckeeer. It's not out yet, that isn't gonna gonna stop me! No sir! and so onnnnnnnnnn........