What grinds your gears ?

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

greenberet79

Re: What grinds your gears ?

Post by greenberet79 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:30 am

BT. Grrrrrrrrrr! Booked a day off work last week so they could come and install my line. Get a text at 8.04am saying the engineer has been and the line is fine. Erm, no it isn't, he needs to come into the property to connect it! Lazy ****! Cue a week of calls to BT (who have one of the worst automated phone systems in the world) explaining the situation over and over again to half a dozen different people. Also got a call from an engineer days later when I was in work asking if i was in my house and could I let him in cos he was outside!

So, I've finally decided to cancel the installation, which i know they'll charge me for. F*** em!
"Very soon our luck will change, we'll do what we need to do to win matches, and we'll fly."

mohicankid

Post by mohicankid » Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:14 pm

last week i saw on my tv guid that the Family Guy Star Wars Trilogy was on on sunday, so i set my box to record, then BBC3 decide at the last minuit that they need to show The Womens World Cup finale, (not scheduled at all when i set my DVR) so not only dose the scheduled timing of the Wootball match run into the family guy recording, it goes into extra time, then penalty's, then the bloody presentation making the family guy trilogy nearly two hours late, i was at home when this happend, so decided to cancle the recording, and manualy hit the record button when the movies started....problem is, becouse no one at BBC3 had obviously informed the good people at BT vision that they had fooked about with the schedual, the inbuilt tv guid was sowing as it should have and it kept ending the recording when each scheduled show was due to record, completely messing up the recordings!so i eventualy gave it up as a bad job!
its bad enough during the tennise/football/rugby/snooker seasons when they reschedule your regular programmes, (but at least they warn you) without them sticking a "sport" on that no one realy follows anyway! and before you get on my back about the last comment, when was the last time you saw womens football reported on in the nationals regularly, and if it is an actual recognised BIG event, why were 5LIVE talking about Hackgate Rather than having greeny reporting the football!
and on that matter, where do the tv stations get off deciding that sports events are more important than our regular viewing pleasures anyway!
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:29 pm

When its raining.
People that stand under a bus shelter with a umbrella up.

People with umbrellas that don't watch there there going.

Really?
REALLY!

The Angry Jock

Post by The Angry Jock » Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:27 am

DPrinny wrote:When its raining.
People with umbrellas that don't watch there there going.
Really?
REALLY!
I generally find that's a problem with female protaganists, no effort whatsoever to try an avoid jabbing passers by in the face. In groups it's worse as they think they can do sex in the city style 4-abreast walking and try to avoid moving at all costs...I've actually shouted at people in the street who do this.

Also, men with gigantic golf unbrellas, what's the need? I never, ever use an umbrella.
Retropassion reborn
sscott wrote:I fuck1n love the fuck1n Internet and all its fuckin fu(kball opinions. I fuck1n like this fuk(her, I don't fuccckin like this fuckeeer. It's not out yet, that isn't gonna gonna stop me! No sir! and so onnnnnnnnnn........

tekaotaku

Post by tekaotaku » Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:27 am

The Angry Jock wrote:
Also, men with gigantic golf unbrellas, what's the need? I never, ever use an umbrella.
Oh my days, that pisses me off....I sometimes walk across a foot bridge to get home, I'm 6ft 2 so I have a clear height advantage against the walls of the foot bridge, anyway. Walking across it the other day in the rain, a woman coming the other way with a golf umbrella shorter then me, the umbrella was shoulder height on me, she barged past me, causing it to fold into my shoulder and bend back then she had the cheek to tell me to watch it!! I could have just snapped the umbrella and thrown it over the wall followed by her!

Some people are just thick as fook....
Image - "still barking at the silver moon!"

ShadowNeku

Post by ShadowNeku » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:18 am

When CD cases lose all the teeth that hold the disc in place. So damn annoying.

My copy of Koudelka on PS1 turned up with the teeth broken for all 4 discs! They broke in the post since all the bits were rattling around inside when it turned up. Im told buy a guy i know that used to work for royal mail that people in the sorting office literally just chuck packages around because its faster, obviously with no concern that they might be causing any damage to stuff people spent good money on.
I asked for orange. It gave me lemon lime!

Fred83

Post by Fred83 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:41 am

ShadowNeku wrote:When CD cases lose all the teeth that hold the disc in place. So damn annoying.

My copy of Koudelka on PS1 turned up with the teeth broken for all 4 discs! They broke in the post since all the bits were rattling around inside when it turned up. Im told buy a guy i know that used to work for royal mail that people in the sorting office literally just chuck packages around because its faster, obviously with no concern that they might be causing any damage to stuff people spent good money on.
The seller should had put small bit of bubble wrap in between the cd's and manuals tbh.

greenberet79

Post by greenberet79 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:17 am

ShadowNeku wrote:When CD cases lose all the teeth that hold the disc in place. So damn annoying.

I bought Quadrophenia by The Who (double disc box) from Play.com and the thing was bashed to bits! Even the inside teeth - I'd love to have seen it's journey!
"Very soon our luck will change, we'll do what we need to do to win matches, and we'll fly."

the_hawk

Post by the_hawk » Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:36 am

greenberet79 wrote:I bought Quadrophenia - I'd love to have seen it's journey!
Well basically, Phil Daniels' character is hacked of with his folks & his job & hangs around with his Mod mates, however his childhood friend (played by Ray Winstone) is in a rival gang.

The Mods & Rockers have a bit of a scrap on a bank holiday in Brighton, Phil Daniels gets off with Leslie Ash & then gets himself arrested.

His life becomes pretty crap after that, he steals Sting's scooter then kills himself.
You can follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/DaveySloan
Sponsor Me http://www.justgiving.com/daveysloan2014

OR type 99 to continue

mohicankid

Post by mohicankid » Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:26 am

the_hawk wrote:
greenberet79 wrote: he steals Sting's scooter then kills himself.
not in the re-released version! it shows him stood on the cliff after the bike goes over!
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

greenberet79

Post by greenberet79 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:34 am

He should have killed Sting, done us all a favour!

jdanddiet

Post by jdanddiet » Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:38 am

greenberet79 wrote:He should have killed Sting, done us all a favour!
:lol:
For retro news, full articles, retrospectives and a gallery of my work check out http://wizwords.net/
Wizwords on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Wizwords
and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/wizwords

the_hawk

Post by the_hawk » Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:39 am

mohicankid wrote:
the_hawk wrote:
greenberet79 wrote: he steals Sting's scooter then kills himself.
not in the re-released version! it shows him stood on the cliff after the bike goes over!
Lorks you're right!

It's a long time since I've seen it, I always assumed he'd gone over the edge too, but I've just looked it up & the chucking the scooter over the cliff as a symbol of rejecting his mod way of life would actually have made more sense. :?

Every day is indeed a schoolday!
You can follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/DaveySloan
Sponsor Me http://www.justgiving.com/daveysloan2014

OR type 99 to continue

Helensification

Post by Helensification » Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:31 pm

mohicankid wrote:last week i saw on my tv guid that the Family Guy Star Wars Trilogy was on on sunday, so i set my box to record, then BBC3 decide at the last minuit that they need to show The Womens World Cup finale, (not scheduled at all when i set my DVR) so not only dose the scheduled timing of the Wootball match run into the family guy recording, it goes into extra time, then penalty's, then the bloody presentation making the family guy trilogy nearly two hours late, i was at home when this happend, so decided to cancle the recording, and manualy hit the record button when the movies started....problem is, becouse no one at BBC3 had obviously informed the good people at BT vision that they had fooked about with the schedual, the inbuilt tv guid was sowing as it should have and it kept ending the recording when each scheduled show was due to record, completely messing up the recordings!so i eventualy gave it up as a bad job!
its bad enough during the tennise/football/rugby/snooker seasons when they reschedule your regular programmes, (but at least they warn you) without them sticking a "sport" on that no one realy follows anyway! and before you get on my back about the last comment, when was the last time you saw womens football reported on in the nationals regularly, and if it is an actual recognised BIG event, why were 5LIVE talking about Hackgate Rather than having greeny reporting the football!
and on that matter, where do the tv stations get off deciding that sports events are more important than our regular viewing pleasures anyway!
Totally agree. Sport is always put first yet it is not the choice of the majority, especially in this case.

I also missed the new episode but luckily noticed it is repeated this Saturday, so have set it to record and let's hope they stick to the schedule this time.

RMLF

Post by RMLF » Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:45 pm

Helensification wrote:
mohicankid wrote:last week i saw on my tv guid that the Family Guy Star Wars Trilogy was on on sunday, so i set my box to record, then BBC3 decide at the last minuit that they need to show The Womens World Cup finale, (not scheduled at all when i set my DVR) so not only dose the scheduled timing of the Wootball match run into the family guy recording, it goes into extra time, then penalty's, then the bloody presentation making the family guy trilogy nearly two hours late, i was at home when this happend, so decided to cancle the recording, and manualy hit the record button when the movies started....problem is, becouse no one at BBC3 had obviously informed the good people at BT vision that they had fooked about with the schedual, the inbuilt tv guid was sowing as it should have and it kept ending the recording when each scheduled show was due to record, completely messing up the recordings!so i eventualy gave it up as a bad job!
Totally agree. Sport is always put first yet it is not the choice of the majority, especially in this case.

I also missed the new episode but luckily noticed it is repeated this Saturday, so have set it to record and let's hope they stick to the schedule this time.

To be fair people were moaning when Lady Gaga over ran before the new series started, so its not as if a) it hasnt happened before regarding family guy or b) like it was totally unexpected?

Fwiw the Womens World Cup Final was a cracking match tbf and with the Iplayer, dvds and so forth and so on. Family Guy is reasonably easy to catch up on should it be missed and its a trap has been out in the uk for about 8 months or so.

Its not like the dont repeat the same episodes over and over again anyway.. Seen that OJ episode twice already this week.
The Artist Formerly Known as Ralph Milne's Left Foot :P

Wheres Gus Ceasar when you need him?... Pah!

Ralph's Trade/Sale Thread http://www.retrogamer.net/forum/viewtop ... =6&t=22769