Sega Saturn collecting thread

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

retrosofer

Re: Sega Saturn collecting thread

Post by retrosofer » Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:33 am

Nice collection Fred83, i got some more Japanese games on the way at the moment.

As for the overpriced BIN of super common games only really worth a few quid, they should never really sell, anyone who knows the Saturn console and is buying games for it should know how much they are really worth and steer clear.

famicom69

Post by famicom69 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:53 am

I love my Saturn. Picked up a Jap console last year for £30 and have collected quite a few games since. The majority of the games below with the exception of souky were bought for around £5/£6, many still sealed. Not bad considering their age. Don't care for maintaining spinecards unless it's a rare or uncommon game. Nothing rare here, but all fantastic games and a lot of fun.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:38 am

Trtyed playing Virtua Fighter last night

Damn its rubbish. I mis being able to dash forward and Wolf having grabs that have a bit of range

retrosofer

Post by retrosofer » Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:38 am

Seen as how there are alot of collection threads for other systems up lately, i thought i'd resurect this Saturn collecting thread, which seemed to have been put to rest quite early, much like the Saturn was. :lol:

I wondered if we could make a list here of American exclusive titles, i know America got more titles than us here in europe, the games that i know of are;
Albert Odyssey
Magic Knight Rayearth
Double Switch
Astal
Quarterback Attack
Hair Of Zendor
Corpse Killer
I cant think of any more, so if you know of any to add to the list?
Last edited by retrosofer on Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mootown

Post by Mootown » Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:34 am

Crypt Killer got a pal release :)

also by 'exclusive' you mean just not in the UK as nearly all those came out in Japan too?

Fightersmegamix

Post by Fightersmegamix » Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:50 am

Some nice games there, but they are some blurry ass photos :)

Liamh1982

Post by Liamh1982 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:59 am

Blame my crappy webcam and my unsteady hand!

HEAVYface

Post by HEAVYface » Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:05 am

nice to see some jap saturn love on here :)

i might photo my collection tonight and post it up, i only collect jap stuff though and its mainly shooters and fighting games.

retrosofer

Post by retrosofer » Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:49 pm

Mootown wrote:Crypt Killer got a pal release :)

also by 'exclusive' you mean just not in the UK as nearly all those came out in Japan too?

Ah, sorry i meant to write Corpse Killer. :roll:

I know these games also got a Japanese release, but i mean games that were released in the US as well, but just not here in Europe, so the games are in English and NTSC. So you can find US versions of these games because they were released there.
Basicly i want to get a complete list of these game, so i can get them for my collection, more games to add to the list is always good, and i dont think there is really that many so if anybody can think of any more.

adippm82

Post by adippm82 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:20 pm

retrosofer wrote:
Mootown wrote:Crypt Killer got a pal release :)

Ah, sorry i meant to write Corpse Killer. :roll:

I know these games also got a Japanese release, but i mean games that were released in the US as well, but just not here in Europe, so the games are in English and NTSC. So you can find US versions of these games because they were released there.
Basicly i want to get a complete list of these game, so i can get them for my collection, more games to add to the list is always good, and i dont think there is really that many so if anybody can think of any more.
We got Pal versions of Corpse killer as well, the normal and the 32X enhanced version.

retrosofer

Post by retrosofer » Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:45 pm

I Know Corpse Killer got a release on the MegaCD, cant speak for the 32x, or whether they got PAL releases. But i do know that the Saturn never got a PAL release of this game.
The NTSC Saturn version that was released was the Graveyard Edition.

retrosofer

Post by retrosofer » Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:52 pm

I have to say although the PAL boxes are a pain for obvios reasons, i do like them, especially the big box PAL games like Panzer Dragoon Saga, Enemy Zero & Riven, as then are in two plastic boxes with an outer cardboard box.
But i like the NTSC boxes way better, the Saturn games look way better in these plastic cases, pitty they are as easy to break as Dreamcast cases though, whats everyone else think?

Fightersmegamix

Post by Fightersmegamix » Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:51 pm

Bah, just mised out on a nice copy of sexy parodius. If it was one of you guys nice buy :)

What games other than nights use the analogue stick? I seem to remember hearing sega rally was re-released in Japan analogue compatable, did this happen or am I just making stuff up in my head?

Mootown

Post by Mootown » Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:36 pm

Yep -sega rally plus had analogue support. I have it, prefer digital to be honest!

Burning rangers and panzer saga are both analogue pad compatible and better with it.