What grinds your gears ?

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

DPrinny

Re: What grinds your gears ?

Post by DPrinny » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:48 am

People that shove past with out say "Excuse me" first.

Im not that easy to shove to one side any more and sometimes I know there there and wait ignoring them.

My hayfeaver.

che_don_john

Post by che_don_john » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:07 am

greenberet79 wrote:Pippa f(cking Middleton
I can't stand all the excitement about how good looking she is and how nice her backside is. She looks like Kate Middleton chewing a wasp. She's so waifer-thin that she doesn't even have a rear, she just appeared to have one at a particular moment when she bent down and a camera was at the right angle. It was just an optical illusion.

'Rear of the year' my arse. Vorderman a worthy winner.
CheDonJohn's Sale/Trade/Wanted/Giveaway thread

PSN ID, XBL Gamertag and Steam: CheDonJohn
Playfire profile

greenberet79

Post by greenberet79 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:10 am

che_don_john wrote:
greenberet79 wrote:Pippa f(cking Middleton
I can't stand all the excitement about how good looking she is and how nice her backside is. She looks like Kate Middleton chewing a wasp. She's so waifer-thin that she doesn't even have a rear, she just appeared to have one at a particular moment when she bent down and a camera was at the right angle. It was just an optical illusion.

'Rear of the year' my arse. Vorderman a worthy winner.
Exactly! She looked nice at a wedding. Well whoop-de-fooking-do! She's posh and there's an extreme publicity push to keep her in the public eye, what for I'm not quite sure.
"Very soon our luck will change, we'll do what we need to do to win matches, and we'll fly."

greenberet79

Post by greenberet79 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:14 am

thingonaspring wrote:
greenberet79 wrote: *SNIP* the Daily Mail. *SNIP*
that is all.
This is very true. However, as much as I dislike it, it still does exist and people do read it.

Their website makes me laugh - they'll have an article about "Too much nakedness in the media", and yet their website is FULL of A/B/C and Z-list celebrities on the beach, in miniskirts, or even just completely starkers.

Yes, I realise it's pointless to moan about the daily mail.
"Very soon our luck will change, we'll do what we need to do to win matches, and we'll fly."

Dennoman

Post by Dennoman » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:03 am

che_don_john wrote: 'Rear of the year' my arse.
I see what you did there.

Always on the look-out for fighting games!
Have any stray ones laying about? Let me know and we'll try to give them a cosy new home.

Mcjarv

Post by Mcjarv » Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:21 pm

At the moment it's people* who can see you are stressed out but make no effort at all to ease that, and instead say, ooh by the way could you also do this for me? GRR.

*people who you cant really tell to f+++ off.

jdanddiet

Post by jdanddiet » Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:53 pm

Mcjarv wrote:At the moment it's people* who can see you are stressed out but make no effort at all to ease that, and instead say, ooh by the way could you also do this for me? GRR.

Don't get married mate :lol:
For retro news, full articles, retrospectives and a gallery of my work check out http://wizwords.net/
Wizwords on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Wizwords
and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/wizwords

che_don_john

Post by che_don_john » Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:04 pm

Dennoman wrote:
che_don_john wrote: 'Rear of the year' my arse.
I see what you did there.
I thought about italicising the arse but in the end I had enough faith in my audience.

Playfire profile

Mcjarv

Post by Mcjarv » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:12 am

jdanddiet wrote:
Mcjarv wrote:At the moment it's people* who can see you are stressed out but make no effort at all to ease that, and instead say, ooh by the way could you also do this for me? GRR.

Don't get married mate :lol:

oh you can say that to OHs tho. In a nice way not like a 'domestic' way, just like 'really? is this really what you're doing now?'
Last edited by Mcjarv on Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:12 am, edited 2 times in total.

che_don_john

Post by che_don_john » Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:14 am

People who pay to get into Wimbledon, only to sit on that hill all day and watch tennis on the big screen.

Actually, just Wimbledon full stop; my one and only trip there was without doubt one of the worst days of my life.

Playfire profile

ReplayRetro

Post by ReplayRetro » Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:28 pm

che_don_john wrote:People who pay to get into Wimbledon, only to sit on that hill all day and watch tennis on the big screen.

Actually, just Wimbledon full stop; my one and only trip there was without doubt one of the worst days of my life.
you have to pay to sit on the hill? wtf! man people that go to that couldnt be more stupid if they were actually the ball
Visit www.youtube.com/replayretro . why? well erm, cos it would be awfully friendly of you to take a look i guess, you don't have to though, nobody will make you *sob sob*

che_don_john

Post by che_don_john » Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:38 pm

ReplayRetro wrote:
che_don_john wrote:People who pay to get into Wimbledon, only to sit on that hill all day and watch tennis on the big screen.

you have to pay to sit on the hill? wtf! man people that go to that couldnt be more stupid if they were actually the ball
Well the hill is inside the complex, next to centre court, and you have to pay to get into the complex (a sort of basic 'peasant's pass').

So, in summary; people queue for two-three hours, pay £20 to get into the complex, pay £10 for a bag of Maltesers and a small bottle of water....and then go and sit on a hill to watch tennis on a big TV. The mind boggles.

Playfire profile

dste

Post by dste » Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:44 pm

Shia LaBeouf - Just shut up and f**k off already.

Those bloody come and join us to sue everyone because you don't understand the concept of accepting responsibility adverts. They don't half get on my tits.
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

Dennoman

Post by Dennoman » Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:33 pm

che_don_john wrote:
ReplayRetro wrote:

Well the hill is inside the complex, next to centre court, and you have to pay to get into the complex (a sort of basic 'peasant's pass').

So, in summary; people queue for two-three hours, pay £20 to get into the complex, pay £10 for a bag of Maltesers and a small bottle of water....and then go and sit on a hill to watch tennis on a big TV. The mind boggles.
At least you'd expect them to go to Ascot and beat the censored out of each other. It's all the craze in the world of posh people.

Always on the look-out for fighting games!
Have any stray ones laying about? Let me know and we'll try to give them a cosy new home.

dste

Post by dste » Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:09 am

Misleading headings in newspapers/websites.

When I click on a link I expect the title to relate to the article, not be something almost completely different.
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!