Retrovision 2011 Llamasoft Jolly 20/21/22 May 2011 - OXford

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

TwoHeadedBoy

Re: Retrovision 2011 Llamasoft Jolly 20/21/22 May 2011 - OXf

Post by TwoHeadedBoy » Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:19 pm

On the assumption I'll be going (which is highly likely), can you put me down for all of the food things?

Sorry to hear those two people there won't be going - what's all this about Manchester in July? Is Console Combat on again?
My comics blog (mostly lesser-known UK stuff from the 80s and 90s)
C=Style wrote:It's always refreshing and nice to see someone such as TwoHeadedBoy who is a SNES hating bastard at the best of times rate a SNES game so highly.

Arcadian

Post by Arcadian » Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:06 pm

TwoHeadedBoy wrote:Sorry to hear those two people there won't be going - what's all this about Manchester in July? Is Console Combat on again?
Sort of. Though Console Combat II has been officially ditched (for this year at least) and Gareth/Mike are running an 80s themed gaming do called 'In Da 80s' instead (some basic info here).

pinkfearie

Post by pinkfearie » Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:06 pm

We're doing a auction for the cancer charity this year.
http://www.yakyak.org/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=81385
Please feel free if you have any hardware you wish to donate. I have approached a few companys and had some really positive responses and some negative ones. But please please don't be afraid to donate something if you think its not important/shiny enough if you dont want it. Chances are someone else will want it :D
Thanks guys

oldtimer

Post by oldtimer » Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:09 pm

hi amy...
where can we send to?
ATARI....There can be only one !!!!!!!

StarshipUK

Post by StarshipUK » Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:25 pm

So far from here:

02. StarshipUK: Everything and Vegetarian!
06. Rinoa: Pizza, BBQ, Sunday Roast
08. VinnyM: Pizza, BBQ, Sunday Roast
09. FrankG: Pizza, BBQ, Sunday Roast
20. Dam: Pizza, BBQ, Curry
31. TwoHeadedBoy: Everything
41. Mootown: BBQ, Sunday Roast
47. betterwatchit: Pizza, BBQ
68. pomegran: BBQ

Please let me know if I have missed anyone.
I'm gonna burn your house down. With a lemon.

pinkfearie

Post by pinkfearie » Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:15 pm

oldtimer wrote:hi amy...
where can we send to?
Sorry for the late response. You can bring it with you to the event or message me and Ill pm you a address to post it to.

StarshipUK

Post by StarshipUK » Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:27 pm

IMPORTANT NEWS UPDATE!

The team for RV2011 this year consists of:

Markie
VintageMatt
PsycoRob
StarshipUK
Retrogamesfest
Beerman

Also helping out are PinkFearie who is organising and running a charity auction and c64endings.co.uk who is running a Commodore 64 competition and Samwise who is running a Acorn Atom competition.

There is a row of B&Bs within a few minutes walk of the pub and at last check, all still had rooms available for the weekend except for the Falcon who seem to be fully booked for Friday Night and are being snobish and only accepting bookings for a two night stay from Saturday, as well as being rather overpriced (their problem!)

The other B&Bs to try are:

White House View.
http://www.whitehouseviewguesthouse.co.uk/

Sportsview Guest House.
http://www.sportsviewguesthouse.co.uk/

Newton House Guest House.
http://www.oxfordcity.co.uk/accom/newton/

And it is sometimes worth phoning or E-Mailing to book, as you sometimes get lower rates then those advertised on their online booking websites.

There is very limited parking in the Pub Car Park and most of this will be used by those taking equipment. There are also parking restrictions on the roads around the pub, due to it being so close to Oxford City Center. Most the B&Bs listed above have their own small private car parks, which we recommend you use. Last time I checked the residential roads around Lake Street and below have no parking restrictions. These roads are a 5-10 minute walk to the pub and are shown in the link below:

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&sourc ... 7&t=h&z=16

We have been planning and working hard for the last year (HAHA!) and have the following planned:

A large room full of modern and retro goodness to play on.
Popular systems with a selection of Multicarts for unlimited gaming choices.
Mame Machines.
Laptops for Homebrew Gaming.
Taiko Drum Master (by Popular Request!)
Gaming Competitions.
Pong on a very small B&W TV.
Evening Rock Band Sessions with the new Rock Band 3 Keyboard (Woooo!)
Charity Auction organised by Pinkfearie.
The Table of Crap (For items to crap to put in the charity auction)
The Cool Wall (AKA- The Signing In Wall!)
The Pizzas, The BarBQs, The Sunday Roasts, The Currys and The Mixed Grills (for Bane!).

Like previous RVs, there should also be a few special guests attending this year :-)

There are 5 amazing competitions taking place this year, and these will be announced the week before RV2011.

SPECIAL REQUEST! - If you are coming and have a Nintendo DS (Any Type), please can you bring it along. PsychoRob will be running a massive Competition which requires as many DSs as possible, as well as using it to join in the DictoChat sessions on Sunday. We will label your DS if you want us to so it will not get mixed up. If anyone has a new 3DS please bring it along, as I would like to have a go on one :-)

SECOND REQUEST - If anyone has a XBox Kinect and some games they would be willing to loan for the event, please contact me. We will have a few old-style XBoxes (as they do like to RROD), so just need to borrow the Kinect with PSU and games. Again, this is because I would like a go (but I am sure others will too!)

A word from the Stabby one:

I am organising a charity auction to raise more funds for the Cancer Charity.

If you have anything you don't need, gaming and pc related please post here what you would like to bring along to RV. If you cannot make it to RV but would like to contribute something for the auction please contact us.

The auction will take place on the Saturday evening :-)

Thank you all in advance.
Amy.

And a final word from Markie:

As you know this years event is free but you must have a ticket. This is downloadable from: http://www.ride-the-music.com/rg/rv2011ticket.jpg

Also, I'm taking this moment to remind you all that this year there will be 2 people missing from our gathering, those being Ian Muir (elizian) and Paul Hadrill (DJ Skitz) who were both taken from us by cancer.

So, free event but I'm asking you to make a donation, whatever you like and all the funds we gather will be forwarded to the respective charities.

Donations can be made at the event.

Thank you ... thank you all, see you in May

Markie and Team

betterwatchit

Post by betterwatchit » Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:18 pm

I wonder what consoles & computers will be making an appearance? I like to see and play stuff that's very rare in Britain, like the PC Engine or the LaserActive.

StarshipUK

Post by StarshipUK » Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:21 pm

The majority of this machines at this one will be the more common and popular systems for 3 reasons:

1. There will be a lot of rare and unusual systems to see at the RCM event a few weeks earlier.
2. Rare and Unusual systems have been taken before and have just sat there all weekend unused as people have preferred using the more popular systems. Alot (not all, but most) of the rare systems don't have many good playable games, so this year we are concentrating on popular systems and popular games.
3. The venue is small and we can only fit so many systems and machines in.

I should however be taking the Panasonic Q and hope to have room to take an Einstein, but only if there is room in the van. A few other things including a 4 linked GameCube setup is also planned.

pinkfearie

Post by pinkfearie » Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:26 pm

http://s20.photobucket.com/albums/b220/ ... 20respite/

This is what me and Piku have cleared out our attic from our end. Ill pop in to Cool Spot sometime next week and will be sorting oout collecting the goodies from Second Byte soon and will get pictures. There is potentially a early acorn amongst the goodies from Second Byte :D

Is there any interest in a 386 laptop? I sorta have 3 maybe 4 of them

betterwatchit

Post by betterwatchit » Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:00 am

Your link doesn't work, mate.

betterwatchit

Post by betterwatchit » Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:27 pm

I've got a bit of stuff to donate as well. A couple of Mega CD games: Final Fight CD and Sherlock Holmes.

pinkfearie

Post by pinkfearie » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:29 am

betterwatchit wrote:I've got a bit of stuff to donate as well. A couple of Mega CD games: Final Fight CD and Sherlock Holmes.
That would be fab :D Thank you

pinkfearie

Post by pinkfearie » Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:24 pm

betterwatchit wrote:I've got a bit of stuff to donate as well. A couple of Mega CD games: Final Fight CD and Sherlock Holmes.
Will you be at RV or do you want to post them to me or send them with a fellow Rg'er. :D

Added is some games donated by Mayhem (vic20 llamasoft games ) yay and from Arcadian who is donating a pair of weekend tickets for Replay Expo (worth £40)
Thanks guys your fab