Subscriptions Queries

Want to air your opinions on the latest issue of Retro Gamer? Step inside...

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

cozfer

Re: Subscriptions Queries

Post by cozfer » Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:13 pm

Hello,

I live in the States (Texas), and I haven't recieved the latest issue yet....I usually get it within a day or two of the published release date (which was Jan 6th). Please let me know if there was a delay or you need further info.

Thanks!

Jet Pilot

Post by Jet Pilot » Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:42 pm

cozfer wrote:Hello,

I live in the States (Texas), and I haven't recieved the latest issue yet....I usually get it within a day or two of the published release date (which was Jan 6th). Please let me know if there was a delay or you need further info.

Thanks!
I typically get mine 7-10 days after UK subscribers get theirs. Subs in the UK got their issues about the 8th (a week late because apparently the mail is still delayed by a week coming out of the UK because it snowed a month ago. :roll: Must be their first winter. :lol:) so I was expecting this issue to show up between Jan 15-Jan 19 (added an extra day because of today's holiday).
PSN ID: JetPiIot (the "L" in pilot is actually a capital "i")

markopoloman

Post by markopoloman » Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:08 pm

More than 2mm of snow here = End of days! :lol:
OFF TOPIC DISCUSSIONS - http://retrocanteen.boards.net/

Jet Pilot

Post by Jet Pilot » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:35 pm

markopoloman wrote:More than 2mm of snow here = End of days! :lol:
Jeez..I hope this never happens in the UK then. We wouldn't see another issue until summer! :lol: :lol:
blizzard-02-l.jpg
blizzard-02-l.jpg (44.35 KiB) Viewed 829 times

Mr_Staypuft

Post by Mr_Staypuft » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:51 am

(Deleted my own post - After working out that the 'biggest sale ever" discount was already applied - despite asking me for a coupon code. Bit confusing, but there you go.)

Jet Pilot

Post by Jet Pilot » Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:58 pm

Thanks!
Just arrived here today in KY.

cozfer

Post by cozfer » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:34 pm

Jet Pilot wrote:

Thanks!
Just arrived here today in KY.

Yes, mine apparently braved snow and finally arrived in Texas, yay!

PhoenixReborn

Post by PhoenixReborn » Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:24 pm

Hello,

I live in the state of California in the USA. I have a pecuilar problem. I subscribed to Retro Gamer via Amazon USA magazine subscription manager. My official start date for the magazine was May 2010. I was living in Maryland at that time. However, around June 2010 I moved to California and changed my mailing address on Amazon. Since then, I did not receive the magazine and I assumed that Amazon or Retro Gamer did not detect the address change and sent the issues to my old address.

However, when looking at the mail I saw Issue 85 in my mailbox and it is January 2011. I only have 4 more months left in my subscription. I already sent a "Report a Problem" request on Amazon, but I decided to post here too. Can I get some money back between June 2010 and January 2011 for the issues I did not receive or can I get replacements for those. I would prefer getting replacements since I enjoy getting the magazine. I think the problem must have been Amazon itself.

I would love any help anyone can give me at this confusing time.

markopoloman

Post by markopoloman » Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:12 pm

6 months without RG :shock:

I'd have been going mad after one issue not arriving! I take it Amazon took your money.... Surely this is Amazon's problem - but maybe contact the UK subs dept and ask them, or leave a message in the Subs section on this forum?
OFF TOPIC DISCUSSIONS - http://retrocanteen.boards.net/

Jet Pilot

Post by Jet Pilot » Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:42 pm

It took 6 months to recognize there was a problem? I would've complained when the magazine was a week late!!

PhoenixReborn

Post by PhoenixReborn » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:23 am

Like said before, I assumed that they were sending them to my old address in Maryland when i was already half across the country. Plus, I had other things to deal with in my life where a magazine subscription was the least of my worries. Despite the lost of money, I was going to let it expire so I could renew directly with Retro Gamer. I'm only concerned now because it took Amazon and/or retro gamer this long to forward a magazine to this address when I already made the change on Amazon and the US Post Office website.
markopoloman wrote:
I thought this was the sub section of this forum. Where is the sub section so I can post my concerns there?

Jet Pilot

Post by Jet Pilot » Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:14 pm

PhoenixReborn wrote:I thought this was the sub section of this forum. Where is the sub section so I can post my concerns there?
You're in the right place. If you want you can scroll up a bit in this topic and look for the subs manager named Lucy. She should have some direct contact infor in her posts.

RetroBob

Post by RetroBob » Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:14 pm

PhoenixReborn wrote:Like said before, I assumed that they were sending them to my old address in Maryland when i was already half across the country. Plus, I had other things to deal with in my life where a magazine subscription was the least of my worries. Despite the lost of money, I was going to let it expire so I could renew directly with Retro Gamer. I'm only concerned now because it took Amazon and/or retro gamer this long to forward a magazine to this address when I already made the change on Amazon and the US Post Office website.
markopoloman wrote:
I thought this was the sub section of this forum. Where is the sub section so I can post my concerns there?
You were expecting Amazon to notify another company about your change of address? They're not that good!
Xbox Live: RetroBob

PhoenixReborn

Post by PhoenixReborn » Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:51 pm

RetroBob wrote:
PhoenixReborn wrote:Like said before, I assumed that they were sending them to my old address in Maryland when i was already half across the country. Plus, I had other things to deal with in my life where a magazine subscription was the least of my worries. Despite the lost of money, I was going to let it expire so I could renew directly with Retro Gamer. I'm only concerned now because it took Amazon and/or retro gamer this long to forward a magazine to this address when I already made the change on Amazon and the US Post Office website.
markopoloman wrote:
You were expecting Amazon to notify another company about your change of address? They're not that good!
They had a change of address option on their website so of course I expect them to do their job. Their is no need to be snarky in a customer service thread of the forum. Also, if you bothered to read my response I also contacted the US Post office to cover my tracks. Besides, Amazon emailed me back and are supposedly going to talk to Retro Gamer, but I will contact Lucy also.

RetroBob

Post by RetroBob » Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:56 pm

Seems very odd to not just contact the person sending it in the first place. That way it's changed at source (i.e. your address is right as soon as they post it) rather than rely on a third party.
Xbox Live: RetroBob