What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

delbert_trout

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by delbert_trout » Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:55 pm

Just paid for Grandia (PS1) on eBay for £12 inc. postage, one I've been hoping to grab hold of for a few weeks after someone on here mentioned it and it looked right up my street. Judging by the money I've always seen it listed for up until now I think I got a bloody good price there (supposedly 'immaculate condition hardly used' as well, we'll see). Looking forward to getting stuck into that.
http://www.retrogamer.net/user/delbert_trout

When you think you've got problems you don't really need,
They're maybe not as bad as they seem,
Cos in a world full of misery, with hatred and greed,
Your problems are another man's dream.

TwoHeadedBoy

Post by TwoHeadedBoy » Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:15 pm

Funny little turn of events today - one of our cats went missing just before Xmas, whilst my mum was moving house. Well, he's still there, hanging around in the garden, he just doesn't want to be put in a box to be taken to a new house. Well today I (illegally) went back to the old house to see if he was ready to play ball. He wasn't, but there WAS a big pile of mail on the floor.

Assuming it was all junk mail, I was about to leave when I noticed a bigger package amongst all the crap, with Chinese writing all over it and my name on the front. So I took it back to mine and unwrapped it to find... Pier Solar! The fancy-pants lovely cardboard set with the Mega CD version included as well :D

I remember putting my name down for it many moons ago, but can't remember paying for it... But there it is, and it's lovely. I'll play it at the weekend, possibly. Don't even like RPGs, but who could say no to a brand new Mega Drive game?
My comics blog (mostly lesser-known UK stuff from the 80s and 90s)
C=Style wrote:It's always refreshing and nice to see someone such as TwoHeadedBoy who is a SNES hating bastard at the best of times rate a SNES game so highly.

Uaithne

Post by Uaithne » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:20 pm

Downloaded Monopoly and Pac-Man through XBLA on the Windows 7 Phone.

Monopoly on the phone is probably one of the better versions I've found - a lot better than the wanky version available on the XBOX itself.
"Not to know what happened before you were born is to be a child forever" -Marcus Tullius Cicero, 46BC

Wants List | Items for Sale

nokgod

Post by nokgod » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:53 am

speedlolita wrote:I just got a bundle of Nintendo 64 games from a guy at work. The twist is this guy lived in and is American so all of these will play at 60hz nicely. :D

He's giving me his US N64, 4 pads and ram expansion - plus whatever else he has too.

Very nice 'instant collection' there! Should keep you happy for a while. 8)
sscott wrote:I thought Tomb Raider was the best game of last gen (and I fuck1n hate the Tomb Raider series!)

Sel Feena

Post by Sel Feena » Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:27 am

^ Nice! Not sure about South Park though; is it actually any good?

Xross Impact arrived this morning. A nice selection of extras, including a Nendroid of Kanu and a drama CD thing - thought it was a DVD because of the case, initially. And these things:

Not sure what the hell they're meant to be. Tiddlywinks? :? Gave the game a quick go to make sure it's working, and it definitely looks a lot slicker. There's a Challenge Mode as well, it seems, so that could be interesting.

Roo

Post by Roo » Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:32 am

Sel Feena wrote:^ Nice! Not sure about South Park though; is it actually any good?
Nah, it's pretty rubbish. It's an ideas-free Turok tribute which shares none of the good things about Turok (amazing weapons, atmosphere, gore) and all of the bad things about Turok (pixel-perfect jumping sections, ages-long levels). The multiplayer isn't too bad though.

Still, very nice collection up there. My newer N64 stuff - all bought in the last four days - isn't nearly as good, but I'm happy with it for completeness:

Particularly pleased about Rakuga Kids up the top there. It's been almost nine years since I traded that in to put towards my GameCube, and it was only on Wednesday that I managed to secure a copy at a reasonable price (£4.95). Well chuffed that I've finally got it back! The other games are quite decent (still not sure if I think Hybrid Heaven is quite "ace", but it's certainly different), with the exception of Starshot - that's completely mince, but I wanted to replace my broken copy, and it was only a pound fifty.
Last edited by Roo on Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

the_hawk

Post by the_hawk » Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:34 am

I took a punt on buying a 2600 version of Asteroids & Star Raiders on Ebay, only about a quid each.

They showed up this morning, turns out they are boxed & in absolutely perfect nick with a boxed Video Touch Pad & everything.

Result. Not exactly bargain of the year, but I'm happy. :D
You can follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/DaveySloan
Sponsor Me http://www.justgiving.com/daveysloan2014

OR type 99 to continue

Liamh1982

Post by Liamh1982 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:04 am

Just bought off eBay:
Scorcher (Saturn)
Puzzle Link 2 (NGPC)
Finally have more than one Neo Geo Pocket Color game, not for the want of trying!

snowkatt

Post by snowkatt » Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:51 am

gta vice city ( just 2,50 i couldnt resist )
growlanser heritage of war
virtua cop elite edition

shadow of the colossus ( i have absolutley zero interest in this because its nothing more then a boss rush and i dislike boss fights let alone a game thats nothing else then boss fights but i figured it might be good ico trade fodder )
fallout brother hood of steel ( ps2 version)
and metal gear solid 3 subsitence
hey wait ! i got a new complaint !

speedlolita

Post by speedlolita » Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:28 am

Thanks guys.. Just need my box of NTSC-J N64 stuff to come and I'll take some pics of all my stuff for Retro Collect. :D
Logged out 15/07/2014.

tekaotaku

Post by tekaotaku » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:09 am

charity shop and "crack-converters haul" from this morning.....

Pacman world - disc and instruction book
Micro Maniacs - disc
Spin Jam - complete
Martian Gothic - SEALED
New Zealand Story - C64/128 - £2 (Charity Shop)

Psyvaria Complete - boxed complete
Kingdom Hears - boxed complete
Gulity Gear X2 - boxed complete
Evergrace - boxed disc only
Jak and Daxter 2 - boxed complete

The reason Ive put the price up for New Zealand story is....if anyone wants it, they canhave it for the same price I paid + 75p p&P....I dont have a C64 to test it so its sold as is. I picked it up on the off chance one of you guys wanted it, so the offers there, first come first served.
Image - "still barking at the silver moon!"

SJ_Sathanas

Post by SJ_Sathanas » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:59 pm

snowkatt wrote:shadow of the colossus ( i have absolutley zero interest in this because its nothing more then a boss rush and i dislike boss fights let alone a game thats nothing else then boss fights but i figured it might be good ico trade fodder )
You have to try it. It really is excellent.

snowkatt

Post by snowkatt » Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:01 pm

CIH wrote:
snowkatt wrote:shadow of the colossus ( i have absolutley zero interest in this because its nothing more then a boss rush and i dislike boss fights let alone a game thats nothing else then boss fights but i figured it might be good ico trade fodder )
You have to try it. It really is excellent.
honestly id rather try ico
hey wait ! i got a new complaint !

nokgod

Post by nokgod » Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:21 pm

all a quid each from Crack Convertors today...

I know there's some tat...but i'm not moaning :D
sscott wrote:I thought Tomb Raider was the best game of last gen (and I fuck1n hate the Tomb Raider series!)

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:30 pm

Today my complete copy of the Game and Watch handheld Parachute arrived. 15 down, 45 to go.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*