What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

nokgod

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by nokgod » Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:44 pm

got a few 'cube titles to cross off my list, from ninjabearhug via retrocollect :)

Legends of Wrestling
Wrestlemania X8
Shrek Extra Large :oops: :lol:
sscott wrote:I thought Tomb Raider was the best game of last gen (and I fuck1n hate the Tomb Raider series!)

snowkatt

Post by snowkatt » Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:53 pm

llj wrote:1000 pages! Nice job, fellas. I post on many other forums and rarely have I seen any long running threads reach this far. :)
1001 now actually
shall we make a break for 2000 ?
hey wait ! i got a new complaint !

Servbot

Post by Servbot » Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:54 pm

Zack and Wiki - Wii for £4.45 on ebay :) Good price i'd say, great reviews.

aztecca

Post by aztecca » Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:02 pm

nokgod wrote:got a few 'cube titles to cross off my list, from ninjabearhug via retrocollect :)

Legends of Wrestling
Wrestlemania X8

Whats that Shrek game like mate the Shrek Super Party game is an excellent multiplayer game.Loads of Mini game type stuff. :D
SH1T HAPPENS :wink:

nakamura

Post by nakamura » Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:12 pm

Picked up Gunbird Special Edition on PS2 for 99p. Expected it to be a poor pal version and not my type of game, it was bought for something to trade/give away on here.

I turned it on, 60 hz mode available and I coudn't stop playing it!! :mrgreen:
http://judged-by-gabranth.blogspot.co.uk/
Antiriad2097 wrote:I have a general rule of thumb that if Nakamura likes something, it's not for me ;)

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:15 pm

nakamura wrote:Picked up Gunbird Special Edition on PS2 for 99p. Expected it to be a poor pal version and not my type of game, it was bought for something to trade/give away on here.

I turned it on, 60 hz mode available and I coudn't stop playing it!! :mrgreen:
I got this with 1945 1& II, Psyvariar Complete and Neo Contra in a trade. Still haven't played it yet though! :oops:

EDIT: just bought a copy of Ghost in the Shell on the PS1 from ebay, a game I loved in demo form back in the 90's but never actually sought out. PAL copies were around £30-£50 all on BIN's so I just went for a complete Japanese copy at £8.61 :lol: . No spine card but I wasn't fussed for that price.

It's at times like this that I love having a chipped PS1 - easier to avoid extortionate PAL prices!
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

MC1

Post by MC1 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:18 pm

Servbot wrote:Zack and Wiki - Wii for £4.45 on ebay :) Good price i'd say, great reviews.
Some people dont like it, but i absolutely loved this!

Great price.

Uaithne

Post by Uaithne » Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:19 pm

HA - 1000+ pages, nice!

Well, I picked up my boxed copy of Shadows of the Empire and a boxed Super Game Boy yesterday (they were delivered to my Dad by mistake). My boxed GameCube is also sitting around here somewhere, as well as an extra SNES and a Mega Drive I.

Will be getting quite a few loaner games returned to me tonight from a mate who has had some of them for almost 2 years. About bloody time.

Am also hoping to 'pilfer' any games left lying around the house - there's a few XBOX titles here, but no XBOX - so I should grab them before they're thrown out (like my 3 x C64 were).
"Not to know what happened before you were born is to be a child forever" -Marcus Tullius Cicero, 46BC

Wants List | Items for Sale

Negative Creep

Post by Negative Creep » Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:51 pm

Rebel Assault 2 - why do I keep buying these shitty Star Wars games?

nokgod

Post by nokgod » Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:27 pm

aztecca wrote:
nokgod wrote:got a few 'cube titles to cross off my list, from ninjabearhug via retrocollect :)

Legends of Wrestling
Wrestlemania X8

Whats that Shrek game like mate the Shrek Super Party game is an excellent multiplayer game.Loads of Mini game type stuff. :D
Dunno. haven't even put it in the cube yet.....been to the pub instead :D I'll let you know, but i don't have high expectations :wink:
sscott wrote:I thought Tomb Raider was the best game of last gen (and I fuck1n hate the Tomb Raider series!)

Sel Feena

Post by Sel Feena » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:42 pm

Just got an email that my order for Xross Impact Collector's Edition is in, so should have my grubby mitts on it by the weekend. Really looking forward to trying it!

mainvein

Post by mainvein » Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:19 pm

grabbed prey for the 360 for a couple of quid in gamestation yesterday, not played it for years, really up for doing it again. Also got a wii classic controller from there too for £4.99 and to top it all off i had a few quid o my loyalty card so it all cost pretty much nothing :D

Frank Chickens

Post by Frank Chickens » Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:47 pm

This came in the morning by UPS and am really impressed by the service of GBAX.com.

The controls are great to use (though the shoulder buttons are a bit too small perhaps) and the face buttons are fine. The screen is really nice to look at and the speakers are tinny but didn't plan to use the sound much which is just as well as it lacks a volume control.

Until the microsd card and MiniSD adaptor come through in the post had a quick play with it and it played every unarchived GBA game I through at it without problems, likewise on the NES side of things.

On the free game side of things, '7 Days' is by far the best, and the amount of audio and video features is immense, supporting various audio and video filetypes and having nice options like flash file player and ebook reader, though it's a bit pointless reading anything on that screen.

All in all, I'm really impressed with it and things will open up even more when Dingux is installed! :D

"A cynic is what an optimist calls a realist"

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:30 am

Sel Feena wrote:Just got an email that my order for Xross Impact Collector's Edition is in, so should have my grubby mitts on it by the weekend. Really looking forward to trying it!
Nice :) . I was going to get the Ltd Edition of Eloquent Fist myself but the prices on ebay were over $100...too much. Do you know where the best and cheapest place to get PSP imports like these is?
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

Roo

Post by Roo » Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:55 am

Just took delivery of three more N64 games; Starshot Space Circus (I've lost my copy), Hybrid Heaven and Automobili Lamborgini. None are outstanding, but they were 1p each on amazon.