What are you currently playing?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

sscott

Re: What are you currently playing?

Post by sscott » Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:54 pm

Playing through Lost Planet 2 on 360, there's a good game in there but it's not really doing it for be tbh. Will still complete it though. :D

Rinoa

Post by Rinoa » Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:02 pm

Been playing quite a bit on the PS3 recently.

Resonance of Fate - Only near the start but it seems quite good so far.
Peggle - Very addictive little game. Fun to play online with friends.
Tetris and Pac-Man DX - Great re-boots. Again, brilliant to play online.
I Must Run (Mini) - A Canabalt clone. Good, but not as fun as the Java version.

SexyWayne

Post by SexyWayne » Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:08 pm

Mopping up the rest of Brutal Legend, I really wanna hit 100% in game... there's no way I'm going for all the achievements tho... win 50 games online... nope not gonna happen.

Also played a little Excitebike: World Challenge on Wii, going for all S rankings

Luigi's Mansion forgot where I am in the game as it's been so long since I last played it :oops: and a bit more of Super Mario Galaxy... up to 78 stars now, I really wanna finish it 100% before I attempt to make a start on SMG 2

Frank Chickens

Post by Frank Chickens » Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:53 pm

On the PC: Sam & Max S3
On the Mobile: Abduction 2, Chess and Xgalaxy2
"A cynic is what an optimist calls a realist"

Uaithne

Post by Uaithne » Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:37 pm

Well, I'm currently back in my home town, with no gaming equipment to play (unless something I bought from eBay arrived at my dad's place by mistake). Anyway, in the 'downtime' I've been playing a few XBLA games on the mobile - mainly Star Wars: The Battle for Hoth and Rise of Glory. Am really liking the latter - a cool WWI flight sim.
"Not to know what happened before you were born is to be a child forever" -Marcus Tullius Cicero, 46BC

Wants List | Items for Sale

delbert_trout

Post by delbert_trout » Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:41 pm

Out of curiosity I just had a go at Pac-Man on the 2600, which gets a lot of stick for being a sh*t conversion. I didn't think it was that bad actually!
http://www.retrogamer.net/user/delbert_trout

When you think you've got problems you don't really need,
They're maybe not as bad as they seem,
Cos in a world full of misery, with hatred and greed,
Your problems are another man's dream.

BennyTheGreek

Post by BennyTheGreek » Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:26 pm

Sega Rally via the SEGA Model 2 Emulator
Quantum of Solace - PC Single Player is superb and is on par with Treyarch COD games....
Black Ops - Single Player - More Treyarch fun

Im going to bed now - night night

Sel Feena

Post by Sel Feena » Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:19 pm

delbert_trout wrote:Out of curiosity I just had a go at Pac-Man on the 2600, which gets a lot of stick for being a sh*t conversion. I didn't think it was that bad actually!
That was my first experience of playing Pac-Man, so it's got a special place in my heart; after that it was Pac-Mania on a mate's computer. I've only recently played 'proper' Pac-Man.

DreamcastRIP

Post by DreamcastRIP » Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:02 am

Galaga Remix (iPhone) :D
Own: Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive MegaCD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS GBm GBA GBC GBP GB Virtual Boy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:06 am

I started Heavy Rain last night and am impressed with the detail in the game so far. The voice acting is a bit naff in places so far and the controls take a little getting used to.

I am also continuing through Spiderman Shattered Dimensions. Just done the Deadpool level and was laughing through the entire level, if nothing else they've nailed Deadpools sense of humour :mrgreen: Otherwise the game is a at its heart the action is pretty simple (not that its really a bad thing) but the boss fights have all been pretty good so far (a nice change since these are usually the weak part in Spidey games)
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

gmintyfresh

Post by gmintyfresh » Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:44 am

My third playthrough of Dante's Inferno, on the 360 this time. I picked up a cheap copy of the Death Edition, I'm doing this because I love the game and also because I can achievement wh0re it - I know the game inside out >:)

Splatterhouse - 360, throughly enjoyed this game finished it on savage and about halfway through on brutal.

Fast Striker - DC
Last edited by gmintyfresh on Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

snowkatt

Post by snowkatt » Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:46 am

ShadowMan wrote:I started Heavy Rain last night and am impressed with the detail in the game so far. The voice acting is a bit naff in places so far and the controls take a little getting used to.

I am also continuing through Spiderman Shattered Dimensions. Just done the Deadpool level and was laughing through the entire level, if nothing else they've nailed Deadpools sense of humour :mrgreen: Otherwise the game is a at its heart the action is pretty simple (not that its really a bad thing) but the boss fights have all been pretty good so far (a nice change since these are usually the weak part in Spidey games)
is it as plank though as some say ?
im stil contemplating purchasing it
hey wait ! i got a new complaint !

nakamura

Post by nakamura » Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:56 am

Reached world 8 on DKC Returns. World 7 was simply amazing. Among the most exciting platform levels in history.
http://judged-by-gabranth.blogspot.co.uk/
Antiriad2097 wrote:I have a general rule of thumb that if Nakamura likes something, it's not for me ;)

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:28 am

snowkatt wrote:
ShadowMan wrote:I started Heavy Rain last night and am impressed with the detail in the game so far. The voice acting is a bit naff in places so far and the controls take a little getting used to.

is it as plank though as some say ?
im stil contemplating purchasing it
I don't think its anywhere near as bad as some people make it out to be. Its perfectly playable and very fun from the levels I've gone through so far. The price still seems to be dropping though so if you wait a little longer you could probably pick it up for next to nothing.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

snowkatt

Post by snowkatt » Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:30 am

ill probably wait till its about 20 or 10 or so
hey wait ! i got a new complaint !