R.I.P my dad

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

FatTrucker

Re: R.I.P my dad

Post by FatTrucker » Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:51 am

Really sorry to hear this MK. Unbelievable you managed to put so much energy into the fundraising at R3play with that going on in the background.

While I agree with everyone's sentiments about Kilbs pointlessly nasty comments (literally left me furious) I think this thread should remain dedicated for words of support.
Darran@Retro Gamer wrote:I've played all the Bratz games and Barbia Horse Adventures, due to having two girls and they are not rubbish in the slightest.
Feel free to add me on XBL.

bensonrad

Post by bensonrad » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:04 am

Sorry to read/hear about this, my thoughts are with you MK
WANTED: Mario Party 3 on N64 (just the Box only) ANY SNES GAMES, OR EMPTY SNES BOXES, INSTRUCTION MANUALS or WHITE INNER TRAYS.

Edwards80

Post by Edwards80 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:12 am

Sorry to hear this. Like most other folks have said, the energy you put into fund raising was impressive - even more so considering the circumstances!

Sincere Condolences.

ToxieDogg

Post by ToxieDogg » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:15 am

Without wanting to add fuel to any flames, I can totally understand how these things happen. My sister had a massive falling out with my dad in the past and didn't actually talk to him at all for nearly 8 years, even going so far as to avoid him in the street. When I first left home, I hardly went back to my parents to visit....it's only been in recent years that I've really become closer to them again.

Thing is, nobody knows anybody else's personal situations or why they do/don't get on with their family members so you have no right to judge any of them. The only thing I can base my opinions on is that having spoken to Mohicankid onliine a number of times, and now having finally met him and seen him work tirelessly over the weekend to make the event a success and raise a lot of money for charity, I think he's an extrememely well adjusted and likeable bloke that I'm proud to call a friend, and respect not only whatever reasons he has for the amount of contact he has with his folks, but also his bravery in writing what he did in his first post in this topic.

Take care mohicankid, there's a hell of a lot of people here who care about you and will be here for you if you need us.
Sig pic temporarily removed...The Magnificent 7 will ride again 8)
Lost Dragon wrote:The 1st rule about Feedback is..

You do not give Feedback!

Katzkatz
Location: Sunny Eastern London suburb of Leytonstone and my own mind!

Post by Katzkatz » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:32 am

Sorry to hear this news, MK. My condolences to you and and your family.

PrimalScientist

Post by PrimalScientist » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:39 am

So sorry to hear of your news MK.

I lost my mum to breast cancer 8 years ago. At the time, it was the end of the world as far as I was concerned.

Time will hopefully help you come to terms with this, unfortunately it doesnt heal the wounds, but it does help you to come to terms with the loss of a parent.
Hopefully one day you can look back at the good times, and not the sadness.

My thoughts are with you mate.

Take care.

Montytom

Post by Montytom » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:48 am

Sorry to hear this mate, I honestly don't know how you are feeling but it really upsets me to think that my parents won't be here forever. Go onto YouTube and play the song dance with my father by Luther vandross it brings me to tears everytime. I wish you all the best and maybe if it's not to sore try and speak to the rest of your family. Regards Thomas

Morkin

Post by Morkin » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:13 am

Sorry to hear this news. Thoughts are with you MK. :(

Cate

Post by Cate » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:15 am

Montytom wrote:Sorry to hear this mate, I honestly don't know how you are feeling but it really upsets me to think that my parents won't be here forever. Go onto YouTube and play the song dance with my father by Luther vandross it brings me to tears everytime. I wish you all the best and maybe if it's not to sore try and speak to the rest of your family. Regards Thomas
That song makes me cry anyway...

But *hugs* for MK, hope he's OK.

Helensification

Post by Helensification » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:33 am

I was with MK not only when he heard about his father but also when he posted this thread last night and know how heartfelt his words are.

It is great to see so many of his RG friends sending such supportive comments and wishing him well and I truly hope that if you are estranged from family members for whatever reason that MK's words make you think about your situation and whether it is something you should deal with now, whilst you have the chance.

And although this has been said and I do not want to the labour the point, I feel I must say the following :-

kilb - you do not know the whole story so you should not try to make a judgement against mohicankid - yes you are entitled to your own point of view but you really are an insensitive prat and should actually engage your brain before activating your fingers.

SirClive

Post by SirClive » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:42 am

Simon, there is nothing I can say about this that will remotely help so I will just let you know how I and probably most of the people who have met you feel. You are one of the most amazing people I know and the effort and energy that you put into this weekend *after* hearing such bad news is astounding (but not surprising). Despite only having met up about half a dozen times you are someone I know I can call a friend and call on if I ever needed. I love you man, keep your chin up!

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:10 pm

So sorry to hear that Sir losing the parents is the worst thing imaginable.. As some of you on here know my Father has a aggressive bowel cancer, he had his bowel removed but his spread to his lungs.. As Vulture said me and my Father didn''t always get along either but when he was ill I realise how much I missed how.. Thoughts are with you and your family
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

Havantgottaclue

Post by Havantgottaclue » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:46 pm

My goodness, what a sad story. Poor MHK.

Best wishes to you mate.
Soon you will have forgotten all things: soon all things will have forgotten you. (Marcus Aurelius, Meditations, Book 7)

mohicankid

Post by mohicankid » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:54 pm

just like to say thank you to everybody,it truely means a lot that you have all said such nice things and also that you feel the need to stick up for me!
don't be so harsh on kilb, as you have mostly said, he dosn't know the full story! basicaly, i did not fall out with my dad, i did a long time ago, i left home at 15 and have been fending for myself ever since, after a stupid argument, but we made up over that when i was about 20, over 11 years ago, both my dad and i are similar beasts in the fact that we are very self motivated, stubornly independant indeviduals! we got on, but only had occasional contact, just mostly to tell one another news that the other might not have heard, i already explained why i fell out of touch, their were no harsh words, our relationship kinda fizzled out, it would have taken very little effort for either of us to get back in touch if either had needed to, so i wrongly never saw it as important, the way my family works, is we only hear from each other when we need each other!
i didn't hear from him so wrongly assumed all was ok, i do wish i had kept in touch, and beleive me kilb, i do not need you to kick me when i am down, i can do a good enough job myself!
as for my attitude at replay, it was deliberate, i did not want people feeling bad for me, or avoiding me due to not knowing what to say, and for those who told me off for doing so much, now you know why! keeping myself so busy, well, it kept my head, so again thank you all for helping, without even knowing it!
mk
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

Cauterize

Post by Cauterize » Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:06 pm

He would have been proud to see everything you had done over the weekend at R3play, very proud.
My thoughts are with you and I hope you're okay.