R.I.P my dad

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

bsg

Re: R.I.P my dad

Post by bsg » Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:53 am

Sad news MK, my thoughts and condolences are with you. It's never easy losing a loved one, especially a parent (i've lost both, and also way too many family members...) but it does get easier, it takes a while but it does... and all it starts with is a little chuckle at a good memory of them...

kilb - that was really low man, you talk about guilt?? right now you it should be YOU feeling the guilt - and also shame :evil:
http://www.youtube.com/user/bsg7 < my Youtube games review / collection channel

the_hawk

Post by the_hawk » Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:09 am

Awful news fella.

After finally having the pleasure of meeting you at R3play, I know you must be fairly cut up about this.
You can follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/DaveySloan
Sponsor Me http://www.justgiving.com/daveysloan2014

OR type 99 to continue

Spector

Post by Spector » Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:17 am

That's quite shocking to hear. I met you briefly on the Saturday, and you seemed high spirited, but obviously we now know you were going through something else. That's just very sad.
The Retro Gaming Discord channel. Every Sunday from 9pm- click this link:
https://discordapp.com/invite/Tphe4UH

Don't be scared: join in the chat! :)

Greyfox

Post by Greyfox » Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:26 am

my sincere condolence to you Si, very sorry to hear about your loss , all I ask is not to allow your concence consume you..it leads to a dark pathway, I'm sure your Dad knows you loved him as he loved you.

all the best

Darren.
↓↓Click Link to See More
http://www.greyfoxbooks.com

luca76

Post by luca76 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:29 am

R.I.P.
My friend, I lost all my grandparents, my mother and a friend of mine in the last 4 years, I really know your sadness.
I'm very sorry for your loss.
Be strong.
Mac mini core duo 2, Asus eeePC, MacBook 800 MHz, 2 x PowerBook 1400, PowerBook 150,PowerBook 100, Amiga500, 3 x Commodore 64, some PCs (x86 & x64), GB, GBAsp, GBmicro, NDS, NES, SMS, SMD, SNES, N64, PS2, a pair of TableTop...

retrogarden

Post by retrogarden » Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:41 am

Kilb wrote:I hope you feel guilty. He was your father, he sired you and you turned your back on him. Unless he did something to you which was completely unacceptable you should feel ashamed.
You will never have the chance to say to him so much. Think on that
As somebody who knows MK in real life better than most on this forum (or at least I'd like to think so), I know bits & bobs behind it - admittedly not much - but yeah. STFU.

Sorry to hear that mate, know you told me on Saturday. Didn't get much time to speak to you at the event, but keep strong (I know you will!), you have a great supportive friends around you (I should know, I am one :lol: ) & see you next weekend.

Shiva

Post by Shiva » Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:12 am

Sorry to hear this sir.
I have a similar relationship with my mother, its natural not to see someone you don't completely blend and agree with but nobody deserves to lose someone under these circumstances.
Glad you had a good time at r3play as that takes strength to put it behind you to still enjoy yourself.

R.I.P and I think ill take your word and call the rents.
That glorious b*stard before Mr X.

MikeFishcake

Post by MikeFishcake » Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:32 am

So sorry to hear about that.

*hug*

In the meantime though:
Kilb wrote:I hope you feel guilty. He was your father, he sired you and you turned your back on him. Unless he did something to you which was completely unacceptable you should feel ashamed.
Do you know the full story? Do you know the story at all? Families fall out all the time, and for whatever reason to call MK out on this at a time like this is utterly, utterly low. You're a prime example of a keyboard warrior, hiding behind your screen to protect yourself from any comebacks. You're a troll, a coward and that was completely inappropriate, especially so soon after, before MK has even had chance to grieve properly or make up some time in the future. Don't patronise me by telling me you've never done anything you regret. Have some bloody sympathy you utter, utter moron.

And yes - I WOULD say that to your face. I doubt for one moment you would have looked MK in the eye and said that.

:x

Edit: Is there any way you can block people on here? I don't think I want to read anything by Kilb any more.

pratty

Post by pratty » Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:01 am

Sorry to hear about this, you have my sympathy. Best of luck getting through this tough time.
Pratty's trade list, updated (May 2019)!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=54823

mainvein

Post by mainvein » Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:02 am

really sorry to hear that, its awful when something like that happens, my mum passed away last year and can honestly say its crap. Hope you get through it all ok and dont beat yourself up about whats happened in the past.

Greyfox

Post by Greyfox » Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:10 am

MikeFishcake wrote:Edit: Is there any way you can block people on here? I don't think I want to read anything by Kilb any more.
click on his name and add him as a foe and you'll no longer see his soulless posts ever again.
↓↓Click Link to See More
http://www.greyfoxbooks.com

felgekarp

Post by felgekarp » Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:14 am

Sorry to hear that, I'm not sure if you spoke to anybody about it over the weekend but I'm sure there'd have been plenty of us willing to help you out if you needed it.
Splink!

dste

Post by dste » Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:44 am

My thoughts of with you.
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

resident paul

Post by resident paul » Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:02 am

Ohh Hell!!!

My thoughts & feelings go out to you!
If you found out before R3PLAY you kept you feelings close to your chest as you didn't show it & its shows courage.

witchfinder

Post by witchfinder » Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:32 am

F*ck, that's dreadful news and just makes your efforts at R3PLAY all the more laudable. I think most of us already know you're an extraordinary guy but this just highlights that fact all the more. Condolences on your loss... :(

Can somebody please ban this utter cunt? :roll:
The 100k Challenge - 40 Arcade Classics. 2 MAME Cabs. 1 Average Gamer.
Mastertronic Chronicles - Mastertronic C64 Game Collecting and Reviews
My Youtube Channel (featuring Mastertronic, Funspot, REPLAY and more!)