Name that game or console that you aspire to own

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

Megamixer

Re: Name that game or console that you aspire to own

Post by Megamixer » Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:16 pm

The only machine I'd consider buying now is a model 1 Mega CD - I have everything else that I want. Well...aside from an AES but thanks to the masses of compilations, the reasons for getting one are not persuasive enough.

As for games, a complete copy of Plumbers Don't Wear Ties for the 3DO is my holy grail. I don't care if it's crap, I just want it because it's madness at a whole new, unexplainable level.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

Tepid Snake

Post by Tepid Snake » Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:41 pm

Megamixer wrote:As for games, a complete copy of Plumbers Don't Wear Ties for the 3DO is my holy grail. I don't care if it's crap, I just want it because it's madness at a whole new, unexplainable level.
I felt the same way about Awesome Possum Kicks Dr. Machino's Butt, although that was back in the past, before I knew I lived in a world where Plumbers Don't Wear Ties existed. Ignorance truly is bliss, but at least non-3DO owners like myself can play the game on YouTube!

And while I'm here, a few more games I'll never own:
Balloon Fight GB (Game Boy Color) - I love Balloon Kid. It's one of my favourite Game Boy games. The original game was never released in Japan, so in 2000 it was given a quick-and-dirty color re-release over there as Balloon Fight GB, on the Nintendo Power download service. Thing is, I fear it was exclusive to said download service and never released otherwise, so finding a physical copy would be quite impossible. And you thought finding commercially released games was hard!

Eliminate Down (Mega Drive) - Pfffttahahaha as if. This is purely wishful thinking on my part. £150 minimum, and I'm not willing to spend that much on a video game. Shame, as it's a very good shoot-em-up. It shows up often enough but is eternally doomed to be sold by people who read that same issue of Edge that I read, where it calls it one of the rarest Mega Drive releases. Which is probably true, of course, I just wish the sellers didn't know that!
Updated 11/05/11 - P.O.W. - Prisoners of War
Image RetroCollect - PAL Rarity Guides, News, Reviews & Community

Britpop95

Post by Britpop95 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:37 pm

I've always wanted to get hold of a PC Engine and an Amiga CD32. I suspect both are quite readily available on ebay and the like but i've yet to take the plunge. Also, i'm a little concerned at possibly paying over the odds for consoles that didn't have a vast library of quality.......especially the Amiga CD32.

Not exactly a grade-A title, but a game that i've been meaning to get hold of for literally 20+ years is Druid II Enlightenment. Absolutely loved the original on the Amstrad and as a kid the word 'Enlightenment' sounded amazing. In fact, still does.
Into the Wonderful

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:53 pm

Megamixer wrote:The only machine I'd consider buying now is a model 1 Mega CD - I have everything else that I want. Well...aside from an AES but thanks to the masses of compilations, the reasons for getting one are not persuasive enough.
I'm the same with the AES! I'd love one because it's such an amazing machine but I already own ports of all the Slug games & I'm crap at fighters. Soo...not much reason left to plop the cash on one :lol: when I'm sober anyway

gmintyfresh

Post by gmintyfresh » Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:55 am

Oh yes a Hello Kitty DC forgot about this one, has to be the Pink version too!!

Liamh1982

Post by Liamh1982 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:35 pm

I want a PC Engine so bad... Playing the games on Ootake just ain't the same.

gmintyfresh

Post by gmintyfresh » Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:12 pm

PC Engine Duo still, it's the last big console I want for shmups

oli_lar

Post by oli_lar » Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:59 pm

Tepid Snake wrote: Eliminate Down (Mega Drive) - Pfffttahahaha as if. This is purely wishful thinking on my part. £150 minimum, and I'm not willing to spend that much on a video game. Shame, as it's a very good shoot-em-up. It shows up often enough but is eternally doomed to be sold by people who read that same issue of Edge that I read, where it calls it one of the rarest Mega Drive releases. Which is probably true, of course, I just wish the sellers didn't know that!
Fantastic game - really good graphics. Its not too hard either. Don't think i'll ever have the cash to actually buy one though..

Mire Mare

Post by Mire Mare » Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:36 pm

I don't think aspire is the right word. I don't want to own any games or machines that I don't have. Well, maybe a Vectrex.

pratty

Post by pratty » Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:29 am

I think I'd quite like to have a Zelda branded console of some kind, like a golden Zelda GBA SP or DS Lite, though the chances are pretty slim. :(
Pratty's trade list, updated (May 2019)!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=54823

Freestyler

Post by Freestyler » Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:25 am

pratty wrote:I think I'd quite like to have a Zelda branded console of some kind, like a golden Zelda GBA SP or DS Lite, though the chances are pretty slim. :(

C'mon... you KNOW you want it! :lol:
Freestyler: A customer that's too hard to please, complains all the time and wants everything for next to nothing.

pratty

Post by pratty » Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:31 am

:shock:

snowkatt

Post by snowkatt » Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:33 am

..what in the name of bloody hell is that ?
hey wait ! i got a new complaint !

pratty

Post by pratty » Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:59 am

snowkatt wrote:..what in the name of bloody hell is that ?
The Holy Grail 8)

snowkatt

Post by snowkatt » Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:05 am

the holy grail is greener and more bling bling then i thought
hey wait ! i got a new complaint !