What are you currently playing?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

deadpan666

Re: What are you currently playing?

Post by deadpan666 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:33 pm

As well as Halo - Reach, Assassin's Creed 2 and Soul Calibur 4 on 360, I've decided to start getting myself in the mood for Halloween by playing The Addams Family on the SNES...

I'd forgotten what a great little game it is, and how blimmin' tough it can be! :D
Cinema Of Stuff Presents - The Undying Monster! http://tinyurl.com/nekrjdx

Let's go, Mr. Driver!

Mootown

Post by Mootown » Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:55 am

Still playing tons of Dead Rising 2, also got Enslaved and the new Castlevania on both Ps3 and 360. Spent about 15 mins comparing the 2 before going with the ps3 one. Played it for about 3 hours yesterday, nice little game. I really like enslaved as well but going to hold back until done with dr2 before playing it

oli_lar

Post by oli_lar » Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:52 am

Mass Effect PC - its pretty good. Though the exploring malarkey is a bit naff - its a good thing that the vehicle can climb pretty much everything as some of the places are horrible to get to. Quite a few bugs too :?

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:25 am

Been giving the demo's of Vanquish and Enslaved a go. Enslaved is great fun with some fluid platforming sections and OK combat (which is hopefully more fleshed out in the final version). I really like Vanquish though, its fast, frantic and just what I wanted in a 3rd person action game :mrgreen:

I've also got back into Super Street Fighter 4 again and am trying to rank everyone up to rank C. So far today I've ranked Ryu up to D+ and Balrog up to C but I have a feeling I'll struggle with the likes of Hakan and Viper.

Handheld wise I've been going through Spiderman Battle for New York (DS) and its OK I guess. They haven't really learnt anything from Ultimate Spidey so the difficulty still spikes and the touch screen parts are still rubbish.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

C=Style

Post by C=Style » Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:41 am

Ghostbusters on Wii. I had this game for a while now but never really took the time out to really get into it. Today I did and it's fantastic. Using the Wiimote is just so much better than using a controller as you can manually aim at the screen to catch the ghosts . The actual levels are quite different but I definitely prefer this version. Very nice gameplay.

Also gonna try and finished off Jett Rocket today.

Sepp Salerno

Post by Sepp Salerno » Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:07 pm

Joey wrote:
Sepp Salerno wrote:Whats so differnt about it. Is there a point in changing it?
I think on a technical level the main reason is for Kinect integration.

For non kinect users the main benefits are that its alot quicker to move about the dashboard and it looks alot nicer in that it has a more clean look.

The avatars have also been slightly 'humanised' in proportion.

The main thing to note that its nothing like the big change from the old 'blade' dash to the NXE.
That sounds kinda cool. Can you download it through the dashboard itself?

famicom69

Post by famicom69 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:25 pm

Street Fighter 2
Street Fighter 4
Sega Rally Championship

Win!

sscott

Post by sscott » Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:17 pm

Limbo. Simple but beautiful gameplay. Makes me forget about work! :D

SexyWayne

Post by SexyWayne » Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:53 pm

Ratchet & Clank on PS2 just defeated Captain Qwark's boss, after a few weeks of not having the will to play any games it's slowly coming back :D

Joey

Post by Joey » Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:18 pm

ShadowMan wrote:Been giving the demo's of Vanquish and Enslaved a go. Enslaved is great fun with some fluid platforming sections and OK combat (which is hopefully more fleshed out in the final version). I really like Vanquish though, its fast, frantic and just what I wanted in a 3rd person action game :mrgreen:
I enjoyed both of these demo's too and will be buying both.

I loved the Uncharted style platforming of Enslaved and as you say the fast pace of Vanquish (which is a Shinji Mikami game for those that dont know)

STranger81

Post by STranger81 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:59 pm

Getting close to the end of Mafia 2. Short but a bloody good game. And ordered the first Mafia from Ebay for Xbox to play once this is out of the way.

And started Mario Brothers Wii again. This has gone from being my favourite Wii game, to my favourite mario game, to one of my favourite ever games. All the little nods to the original NES games are inspired and it has some of the best level design ive ever seen in a game.
Xbox gamer tag: kingboo81

llj

Post by llj » Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:31 pm

I beat Bully last night. Quite a fun romp. Though yea, the last "story" chapter is a bit rushed.

I'd heard that you could make Jimmy gay, but there were no options that popped up for me to do that. Not that I was going to choose that route, but you know, just curious... :wink:

Sepp Salerno

Post by Sepp Salerno » Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:08 pm

sscott wrote:Limbo. Simple but beautiful gameplay. Makes me forget about work! :D
Isnt it perfect :D

Ferret Oxide

Post by Ferret Oxide » Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:39 pm

To porvide a change of pace from Fallout 3's exploration, I've been playing some Fifa 08 and Project Gotham Racing 2.

I've had PGR2 since I got my xbox years ago, but I've never really given it the time it deserves. I'm not good enough to get all the platinum medals, but I am going to have a decent stab whenever I feel like vacating the wastelands.

Nemesis

Post by Nemesis » Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:54 pm

Airstrike on the I-pad, N20 on the PSP & a bit of Let's Golf too. :)
Oh and if you want to do little social experiments on our forum don't post about them on your own you plum - Darren@Retro Gamer