Anybody collect DS games?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Timothy Lumsden

Re: Anybody collect DS games?

Post by Timothy Lumsden » Tue May 11, 2010 10:30 am

one thing in favour of collecting the DS games is that those boxes are nice to stack and collect - my PSP games always fall over onto the floor.

got about 50 titles now - but stick to harder titles like infinite space and bangai-0

Britnostalgic

Post by Britnostalgic » Tue May 11, 2010 10:50 am

I collect them on my R4 card... if that counts. :wink: That was just a joke if anyone from Nintendo is reading.

Mr Vengeance

Post by Mr Vengeance » Tue May 11, 2010 1:59 pm

cruachan wrote:How did you get on in the square?
I nearly sh!t meself when I arrived and seen all the different games retailers! :lol:

Lots of nice stff in there it has to be said. I spent €70 in Gamestop on DS carts. Xtra-Value was very good, but there wasn't anything DS related in there that I wanted. Game was good too, I'm kinda kicking myself afterwards for leaving a new copy of Half Minute Hero on the PSP behind for just €11 :(

Will be back, Gamestop was very well stocked. Was in their Dun Laoghaire shop today and it was very poor in comparison.

Had loads of fun in Tallaght anyway. Great place for games, though I'm sure there are lots of other dollectors drawn to the place as well as myself. Ebay is still by far the best for games it has to be said still - so much easier to find what you want! Can't beat the buzz of going into a shop though and bagging a bargain! :D
Timothy Lumsden wrote:one thing in favour of collecting the DS games is that those boxes are nice to stack and collect - my PSP games always fall over onto the floor.

got about 50 titles now - but stick to harder titles like infinite space and bangai-0
Yeah I'm sticking to just the good games I believe are worth-while. I', going to post a list on here of what I ahve got so far, and might tack a pic or two as well.
Nintendo DS games: 41

cruachan

Post by cruachan » Wed May 12, 2010 7:01 am

you're welcome :D

Mr Vengeance

Post by Mr Vengeance » Wed May 12, 2010 10:21 am

cruachan wrote:you're welcome :D
Yup, had a great time of it mate so thanks muchly for the heads up ;)

C=Style

Post by C=Style » Wed May 12, 2010 2:03 pm

Dunno if you've got Retro Game Challenge but that is a great game too.

Mr Vengeance

Post by Mr Vengeance » Wed May 12, 2010 7:29 pm

C=Style wrote:Dunno if you've got Retro Game Challenge but that is a great game too.
Did that come out in Europe C-Style? At the moment the collection is EU releases only, mainly because I prefer the European DS cases and inlays. Also, I know there are quite a few very desirable US and Japanese games that if I should go exploring now, I may go bananas cause there's so much I want from Europe as it is, just can't go importing right now! Suffice to say however, a Japanese Arkanoid and US Contra 4, Ys Books 1 & 2 and the Dark Spire will be winging their way to me at some point in the not so distant future....

Anyway, I'm going on a little DS hunt or two before the weekend, back to a couple of locations that have proved very good in the past. Back the the former home of my brand new €4 Rythm Heaven for a start! :D

After that though I'm going to take a little break from the games buying for a bit, I have a silly amount of games buying done now, though not everything I wanted has been found of course - still a long way to go. But I've a few standing orders due over the next few weeks and other things needing paid for, so only truly essential games will be bought for a few weeks once this hunt is over at the weekend.

Wish me luck :)

thesubcon3

Post by thesubcon3 » Thu May 13, 2010 3:10 pm

DS was one of the first systems that I "cut the fat" from and got rid of any games that I don't enjoy. But the system itself is amazing that's for sure.

Mr Vengeance

Post by Mr Vengeance » Thu May 13, 2010 8:21 pm

I walked away from the system for a good couple of years, then came back to it to discover it has now got an embarressment of riches on it :shock: Its well worth looking at it again mate, seriously, its a very exciting system to be buying for now, owing to the huge amount of excellent, unique software available. Definately give it another look for yourself, just don't go bidding on any copies of any rare games on eBay that I might have an eye on ;)

:lol:

speedlolita

Post by speedlolita » Thu May 13, 2010 8:22 pm

I have a hard time playing anything but Pokémon on DS. If I spot another copy of Bangai O for a fiver in Game again I'll pick it up though. Great game.

That'll bring my total DS games to two. :lol:

Might get Ketsui Death Label, just because.
Logged out 15/07/2014.

Mr Vengeance

Post by Mr Vengeance » Thu May 13, 2010 8:37 pm

Only one DS game :shock:

Well at least it a good one! :wink:

Oh, and Bangai-O is over rated in my opinion....

C=Style

Post by C=Style » Thu May 13, 2010 8:41 pm

Is it really? That sucks. I've not really played it but love the original Bangai O

speedlolita

Post by speedlolita » Thu May 13, 2010 8:47 pm

Mr Vengeance wrote:Only one DS game :shock:

Well at least it a good one! :wink:

Oh, and Bangai-O is over rated in my opinion....
I think it's a fun little game, and it's inexpensive so why not. Just something to give me a break on when I'm not training Pokémon. :lol:
Logged out 15/07/2014.

firebreather

Post by firebreather » Fri May 14, 2010 5:25 am

I own 2 copies of Blood bowl, plus advance wars dark conflict does that count as a collection.
Im addicted to playing Bloodbowl, the AI suck but the oppurtunity to bukild teams the likes of which i could only dream of im my table top league is just to tempting to resist

AlleyKat

Post by AlleyKat » Fri May 14, 2010 11:41 am

So far I have the following (all bought as new so still NM/mint):

Another Code
Bangai-o
Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow
Castlevania Order of Ecclesia
Chrono Trigger (+soundtrack)
Disgaea
Electroplankton
Exit
Geometry Wars Galaxies
Ketsui Death Label (Jap)
Legend of Kage 2
Loopop Cube: Lup Salad (Jap)
Mario Kart DS
Metroid Prime Pinball (+rumble pack)
New Super Mario Brothers
Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney
Rhythm Paradise
Shiren The Wanderer/Mystery Dungeon
Space Invaders Extreme (Jap)
Space Invaders Extreme 2
Trauma Centre
Wario Ware: Touched

I'll be picking up the Dungeon Quest 5 remake soon and probably Ghost Trick, if it lives up to its promise, and other bits and pieces as they occur to me. Like the Wii, the DS makes most sense if you like Nintendo's own games and Japanese curios/ left field third party stuff. If you dont, it wont, simple as.

Exceptional range of games on this machine, I feel like I've only scratched the surface really.

Bangai-o is great- I disliked the structure/weapon select focus to begin with, but it does click if you give it a chance. Still prefer the classic DC version though. :)
speed/missile/double/laser/option/?