What happens when you die?

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

boggyb68

Re: What happens when you die?

Post by boggyb68 » Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:31 pm

Never mind about religion and dieing... I want to know:

If a tree falls down in a forest and there is no-one around to hear it does it make a noise?

Always intrigued me that one...

B.
Pinkle Squirmy Blip Blip Blip

markopoloman

Post by markopoloman » Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:32 pm

@ ninjabearhug

Ok, the Christian festivals are mainly taken from pagan festival dates - it was the best way to introduce Christianity - by making tree huggers and sun worshippers still keep the dates that meant something to them.

As for the ' Religion was just something invented by power hungry rich people to keep the weaker minded/poor people in check' are you referring to the Church as the rich power hungry people?
OFF TOPIC DISCUSSIONS - http://retrocanteen.boards.net/

markopoloman

Post by markopoloman » Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:34 pm

boggyb68 wrote:Never mind about religion and dieing... I want to know:

If a tree falls down in a forest and there is no-one around to hear it does it make a noise?

Always intrigued me that one...

B.
:?

I have heard people ask that before! It is a strange question - but I think you should ask the monkeys :wink:

ninjabearhug

Post by ninjabearhug » Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:36 pm

markopoloman wrote:@ ninjabearhug

Ok, the Christian festivals are mainly taken from pagan festival dates - it was the best way to introduce Christianity - by making tree huggers and sun worshippers still keep the dates that meant something to them.

As for the ' Religion was just something invented by power hungry rich people to keep the weaker minded/poor people in check' are you referring to the Church as the rich power hungry people?
I wasn't referring to any modern day religion. By the time Christianity came around the idea of religion was already set into the minds of most cultures. I believe that the Pope has %100 faith that God exists and that the religion he has chosen to follow is as true as toast landing butter side down.

necronom

Post by necronom » Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:37 pm

thevulture wrote:If there`s NOTHING,then someones having a laugh at our expense.Why give us the awareness of fact we are very mortal and make us question our purpose for being here in the 1st place?. :?
No-one gave us awareness, or made us question anything.

There is no purpose.

Reproduction is as much of a purpose as we have, but that's just something that exists because otherwise we wouldn't be here. That had to happen before anything could evolve.

As for the recording Krusty mentioned, it's (unsurprisingly a load of crap): http://www.rense.com/general58/investig ... illing.htm
The Retro Gaming League _ -= My YouTube Videos =-
The eighties aren't over. I'll say when the eighties are over. The eighties are never over! You don't just turn off the eighties! - Jack Howitzer, GTA V

krusty40

Post by krusty40 » Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:41 pm

mohicankid wrote:what happens when you die....you stop breathing, your body shuts down and ....thats it!
without going into detail, i was dead, clinicaly, for 1min and 36 seconds in 2005no pulse, no brathing no brain activity!
the only memory i have is a complete feeling of releife as i drew my last breath..........then absalout pain and missery when i came back!
no light, no angels....fuckall
Jesus thats crazy what caused such an event if you dont mind me asking? Glad you got out of it, do you believe in an afterlife then..
Some advertising campaigns are very long indeed...

The Master

Post by The Master » Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:41 pm

boggyb68 wrote:If a tree falls down in a forest and there is no-one around to hear it does it make a noise?
Of course it fucking does... :lol:
gleeple doople zwak-zwak snafn olg mmnnnnip

mohicankid

Post by mohicankid » Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:42 pm

krusty40 wrote:
mohicankid wrote:what happens when you die....you stop breathing, your body shuts down and ....thats it!
without going into detail, i was dead, clinicaly, for 1min and 36 seconds in 2005no pulse, no brathing no brain activity!
the only memory i have is a complete feeling of releife as i drew my last breath..........then absalout pain and missery when i came back!
no light, no angels....fuckall
Jesus thats crazy what caused such an event if you dont mind me asking? Glad you got out of it, do you believe in an afterlife then..
although i am not afraid of sharing expariences....this ones mine i'm afraid! 8)
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

markopoloman

Post by markopoloman » Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:44 pm

:lol:

krusty40

Post by krusty40 » Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:46 pm

One question then-was it your fault? You being a ninja master etc perhaps you crossed the wrong guy.
Some advertising campaigns are very long indeed...

markopoloman

Post by markopoloman » Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:48 pm

Well, I suppose Krusty is refusing to answer my question. Doesn't surprise me tbh - BUT as I said in THAT other thread, I am not continuing with the Krusty show - and that is what I am doing. I have put a question that is valid to the thread - and as any mod can see, I am trying to build bridges.

I await a reply, although won't be tapping my fingers as they will be down to stumps before I get one!

mohicankid

Post by mohicankid » Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:50 pm

and no! i don't believe in an afterlife!, i don't believe in re-encarnation either, although i vaugly remember reading a theory that mathematicaly there are a fixed no of possible gene combinations available....and although its in its billions....there is a possibilty that the same person (physicaly) could technicaly be born again!
its nice to think that there will be more than just one perfect being in the history of the world! :D
on that bombshell...bed time!
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

ToxieDogg

Post by ToxieDogg » Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:56 pm

When you die:

You pass on
You are no more
You cease to be
You expire and go to meet your maker
You become a stiff
You become bereft of life
You rest in peace
You push up the daisies
Your metabolic processes become history
You fall off the twig
You kick the bucket
You shuffle off your mortal coil, run down the curtain and join the choir invisible

You are officially an EX PARROT :lol: :lol: ;)
ImageImage

RetroPassion - still live and kicking!
Lost Dragon wrote:The 1st rule about Feedback is..

You do not give Feedback!

Crunchy

Post by Crunchy » Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:06 pm

markopoloman wrote:
ninjabearhug wrote:Religion was just something invented by power hungry rich people to keep the weaker minded/poor people in check. Christianity is a joke in particular, since pretty much all the religious occasions are stolen from other faiths.
Complete poppycock.
Not complete poppycock.

The first sentence is complete poppycock.

Whether the first part of the second sentence is complete poppycock comes down to opinion.

The second part of the second sentence is not complete poppycock at all.

Rinoa

Post by Rinoa » Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:08 pm

I think all these theories were created so people can accept death better. It's hard losing loved ones or even knowing that you don't have long left yourself. It's comforting to think there may be something else afterwards...

Although I don't believe in anything after death myself, I do rather like the idea that a person's energy "returns to the planet" when they pass on.
And yes, I've played FFVII way too many times... :)