do you watch wrestling on tv?

yes
47%
no
53%

Total votes: 149

mohicankid

Post by mohicankid » Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:13 am

i am becoming quite a fan of the moter city machine guns...especialy after the singles match they had against each other for the x division title....was dissapointed with their choice of finnish, but otherwise a definate 5 star match!
to be honest it is verry difficult to work in a six sided ring if all you have ever worked is traditional ones, you become used to working to audiences on four sides and THAT is not as easy to do as some may think!, remembering that you have to entertaine to six sides instead of four is extremely difficult to adjust to! plus a lot of traditional move sets become usless! it forces you to think on your feet and to be inovative!
i would love to do it again....just not too much! :?
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:08 am

Dose that mean that Hogan will have a longer intro if he went to TNA ?
To the north
To the South
To the south east
*Stop to get breath*
ToxieDogg wrote:I don't enjoy watching Team 3D at all anymore, and yet I used to love them when they were wrestling as The Dudley Boyz. :(

This years Rumble was better than last years

But about RVD

Are they only bringing him out when they need a extra man ?

Sir Hilary Bray

Post by Sir Hilary Bray » Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:08 am

I've attempted to watch a few minutes of it, but it's just so naff, I honestly don't know how anyone can take it so seriously.

nwosteve

Post by nwosteve » Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:17 am

mohicankid wrote:haha no!...one of the brittish promotions has just had one commissioned and i was billed on the show that was putting it through its traile run! in fact i was the first to wrestle in it!
i think that the young high flyers that asw has will be able to make good use of it, but the "old boys" are too set in their ways to use it to its full potential...still ...nice as a one off but i wouldn't want every match in it....and i hope that this isnt a start of a new fad!
was a fun match exept when i ran full steam into an unprotected turnbuckle expecting to hit a rope! :oops: got a nice bruise off of that! :?
Theres an indy show in Lowestoft, Suffolk on 19/2, you on that show? Not sure what the promotion is called.

Views on The Wrestler?
"You're all going to die." MK3 promo posters

Devious

Post by Devious » Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:53 am

DPrinny wrote:Dose that mean that Hogan will have a longer intro if he went to TNA ?
To the north
To the South
To the south east
*Stop to get breath*
Beat the rush! Pre-order your tickets right now at TicketMaster.com to witness the comedic genius of DPrinny...

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:18 pm

Devious wrote: Beat the rush! Pre-order your tickets right now at TicketMaster.com to witness the comedic genius of DPrinny...
Why would any one want to beat RUSH ?
Unless its at rockband as there censored at it

Not coming to a comedy night soon due to crowds
nwosteve wrote: Views on The Wrestler?
Yet to see
Already fed up of the song from it

That Chris Jericho vs that bloke from the film story line must of taken them a whole ten seconds to think up

At least they shoulda had Santino slaging him off
Then humor starts

Devious

Post by Devious » Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:27 pm

DPrinny wrote:Why would any one want to beat RUSH ?
Awww. What a show of humility. :wink:

mohicankid

Post by mohicankid » Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:52 pm

Sir Hilary Bray wrote:I've attempted to watch a few minutes of it, but it's just so naff, I honestly don't know how anyone can take it so seriously.
i ask the same about people who follow soaps!
at the end of the day its a form of entertainment...its not every body's cup of tea!

nwosteve wrote: Theres an indy show in Lowestoft, Suffolk on 19/2, you on that show? Not sure what the promotion is called.
no i'm not on that...i think i'm booked on a show down that way in a few months though!....if you go give me a run down on the names of the talent...i might know them!
exelent but verry sad film!
basicaly sums up the state of the buissness at the mo' :-
the extremes people will go to to make a name/not be forgotten,
the availability of drugs and the pressure to abuse them to get where you want to be,
how it affects your family and social life,
how censored the pay actualy is for the abuse you put your body through for the sake of entertainment,
and despite all of the above, how its impossible to walk away once youve got the wrestling bug!
i would recomend it to all wrestling fans and even to the people who "don't get it" as its one hell of a film!
DPrinny wrote: But about RVD

rvd keeps failing the wellness program bought in to satisfy the goverment after chris benoit did what he did!
as a result he has been punnished by losing his push!
they will not fire him though as they do not want to lose him to tna!

ToxieDogg

Post by ToxieDogg » Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:13 am

Saw The Wrestler a couple of days after it came out, thought it was an excellent, and at times moving film. Mohicankid has summed it up pretty well. Only thing was, in the showing of it I saw, somebody at the back seemed to think it was hilarious and burst out laughing when he suffered a heart attack early on in the film, which kind of lowered the tone a little...I even ended up talking about it to a couple of guys on the way out because I think they thought it was me laughing at first!
DPrinny wrote:Dose that mean that Hogan will have a longer intro if he went to TNA ?
To the north
To the South
To the south east
*Stop to get breath*
Well I actually thought that was quite funny :lol:

DPrinny wrote:This years Rumble was better than last years

But about RVD

Seems that way, doesn't it :( I thought when he came out during the Rumble that he would be back, but no sign of him since :(
Devious wrote: Beat the rush! Pre-order your tickets right now at TicketMaster.com to witness the comedic genius of DPrinny...
Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit. :roll:
Sig pic temporarily removed...The Magnificent 7 will ride again 8)
Lost Dragon wrote:The 1st rule about Feedback is..

You do not give Feedback!

mohicankid

Post by mohicankid » Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:44 pm

for anyone in the stoke area we are doing a show in that area in april
Show Date: Friday 3rd April 2009
Show Time: 7.30pm - 9.30pm

spam over!

nwosteve

Post by nwosteve » Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:29 am

[quote="nwosteve"]
Views on The Wrestler?[/quote]

the availability of drugs and the pressure to abuse them to get where you want to be,
how censored the pay actualy is for the abuse you put your body through for the sake of entertainment,
and despite all of the above, how its impossible to walk away once youve got the wrestling bug!
i would recomend it to all wrestling fans and even to the people who "don't get it" as its one hell of a film!

agreed 100%

nwosteve

Post by nwosteve » Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:30 am

agreed 100%

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:45 am

I'm not a fan of wrestling at all BUT i must admit the film looks very good, going to see it very soon and looking forward to it. Heard Rourke is excellent in it.

mohicankid

Post by mohicankid » Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:28 am

its truly a fantastic performance on his part! i don't think the movie would be nearly as good had anyone else played the part!

ToxieDogg

Post by ToxieDogg » Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:15 am

psj3809 wrote:I'm not a fan of wrestling at all BUT i must admit the film looks very good, going to see it very soon and looking forward to it. Heard Rourke is excellent in it.
Yeah, he is. Whilst the main theme of the movie is, obviously, wrestling, the main crux of the storyline is the guy's life, and how his inability to let go of his career affects everything else in his life. It's a very moving, intelligent, and thought provoking film and Rourke is absolutely superb as Randy 'The Ram' Robinson....maybe it's partly to do with the life experience that he himself brings o the role, but I agree that nobody could have played that better than him.

Even any non-wrestling fans should see it. It's no different to any non-boxing fans being able to enjoy films like Raging Bull.
Sig pic temporarily removed...The Magnificent 7 will ride again 8)
Lost Dragon wrote:The 1st rule about Feedback is..

You do not give Feedback!