Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

beesty

Post by beesty » Sat Dec 24, 2005 2:57 pm

Do you work at game Dudders
the c64 was king,and the speccy,and the amiga,and,,,,,ooh u know the rest

Dudley

Post by Dudley » Sat Dec 24, 2005 3:03 pm

I have done in the past.

I do still work in the industry yes. Loss-leading is a tactic the supermarkets often use and at £24.99 they are NOT making money on most titles. Same goes for chart DVDs. Tesco are doing Charlie and the chocolate factory for £12.87. They lose money on that too.
Yesterzine - The Literal Magazine Show
http://yesterzine.co.uk | @Yesterzine on Twitter | yesterzineshow@gmail.com

beesty

Post by beesty » Sat Dec 24, 2005 3:15 pm

Thank you for replying in a nice manner and long may it continue.
But i cannot change the fact that I am crap at english,and always was.

Dudley

Re:

Post by Dudley » Sat Dec 24, 2005 7:01 pm

beesty wrote:Thank you for replying in a nice manner and long may it continue.
But i cannot change the fact that I am crap at english,and always was.
Yes, you can.

beesty

Post by beesty » Sun Dec 25, 2005 4:25 pm

Dont know if i'm supposed to laugh or be even more offended

RetroBob

Re:

Post by RetroBob » Mon Dec 26, 2005 4:48 am

beesty wrote:But i think Game has got too big for its own good now and even though they do games of the week and so on,you can get the games cheaper at supermarkets and other retailers now as they are trying to sell the game for a small profit on top of there food profits.
where Game is just there to sell games and make a profit.
Awww, those poor supermarkets. They deserve everything they get after having raped farmers for years... "Ah, Mr Jones, we're doing 50% off on tomatoes this week, so we're only going to pay you half price." twonks.

Dudley

Re:

Post by Dudley » Mon Dec 26, 2005 6:05 am

RetroBob wrote:
beesty wrote:But i think Game has got too big for its own good now and even though they do games of the week and so on,you can get the games cheaper at supermarkets and other retailers now as they are trying to sell the game for a small profit on top of there food profits.
where Game is just there to sell games and make a profit.
Awww, those poor supermarkets. They deserve everything they get after having raped farmers for years... "Ah, Mr Jones, we're doing 50% off on tomatoes this week, so we're only going to pay you half price." twonks.
Exactly, and the publishers selling them the games that are apparently happy for them to be making this loss on every copy seem completely ignorant that once they've got a dominant position in the games market, Tesco / Asda etc will do exactly the same to them as well.

Frank Chickens

Re:

Post by Frank Chickens » Mon Dec 26, 2005 1:17 pm

Dudley wrote:Exactly, and the publishers selling them the games that are apparently happy for them to be making this loss on every copy seem completely ignorant that once they've got a dominant position in the games market, Tesco / Asda etc will do exactly the same to them as well.
This has already happened in America where Wal-Mart had made the record companies sell new CD albums for under $10 otherwise they won't be stocked.

Naturally the record companies hate this but can't afford not do it as they would be in serious financial trouble.
"A cynic is what an optimist calls a realist"

Dudley

Re:

Post by Dudley » Mon Dec 26, 2005 6:19 pm

Frank Chickens wrote: This has already happened in America where Wal-Mart had made the record companies sell new CD albums for under $10 otherwise they won't be stocked.

Naturally the record companies hate this but can't afford not do it as they would be in serious financial trouble.
Indeed, and it's these same companies currently claiming they're losing money because of secondhand game sales.

Fools.

Frank Chickens

Re:

Post by Frank Chickens » Tue Dec 27, 2005 7:30 pm

Dudley wrote:Indeed, and it's these same companies currently claiming they're losing money because of secondhand game sales.

Fools.
Indeed and the same companies scratch their heads and wonder why no-one is paying full price for their game when all they're offering is the the same rehashed bland licence/clone/update.

Then they blame us for not buying this drek. Idiots.

koopa42

Post by koopa42 » Tue Dec 27, 2005 7:48 pm

I blame EA for most of the troubles in the free world, I even have a sneaky suspicion that it was EA who caused the hemel hempstead blast, I can't prove it yet tho' :lol:

Ms koop got my xbox 360 premium console from virgin megastore for £279.99 with no game (it would have been about December 22nd) she went in and they said there was 2 coming in that afternoon - they didn't try and flog any bundle to her so fair play to virgin IMO

As for reading this thread - you have seemed a bit extreme flaming beesty just 'cos he uses text speak :?

do you frown upon such things as my 'cos instead of because?

Hope you don't turn this into another smurf forum :roll:

Dudley

Re:

Post by Dudley » Tue Dec 27, 2005 8:40 pm

Frank Chickens wrote: Then they blame us for not buying this drek. Idiots.
Well, views on the quality or otherwise of the actual releases is reletively irrelevent. That said, you'd get a much larger window of new sales if people didn't either complete or get bored of the game in a week.
I blame EA for most of the troubles in the free world, I even have a sneaky suspicion that it was EA who caused the hemel hempstead blast, I can't prove it yet tho
It will thus not surprise you to know that the main voice speaking out against 2nd hand game sales, was EAs.

koopa42

Re:

Post by koopa42 » Wed Dec 28, 2005 6:28 am

Dudley wrote:
It will thus not surprise you to know that the main voice speaking out against 2nd hand game sales, was EAs.
I KNEW IT ! ! ! !

I really dislike EA, yes I am aware they have some good titles (burnout 3 springs to mind) but their film license games are absolute gash with a hint of fetid corpse - it sickens me

Frank Chickens

Re:

Post by Frank Chickens » Wed Dec 28, 2005 8:19 am

koopa42 wrote: I KNEW IT ! ! ! !

I really dislike EA, yes I am aware they have some good titles (burnout 3 springs to mind) but their film license games are absolute gash with a hint of fetid corpse - it sickens me
And their sports titles are just glorified update discs.

Doesn't surprise me that EA are not too keen 2nd hand sales; produce something that lasts longer than a couple of weeks would be a good starting point.

Dudley

Re:

Post by Dudley » Wed Dec 28, 2005 5:43 pm

koopa42 wrote:
Dudley wrote:
I KNEW IT ! ! ! !

I liked Everything or nothing.

Remember that they bought Burnout 3 rather than originally commissioning it.

Still, they did give us Desert Strike.