The 360 Import Thread

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Dudley

Post by Dudley » Fri Nov 28, 2008 3:50 pm

James A wrote:Question, If i imported a Jap 360 would i be able to put my normal 360 game profile on it or would i have to set up a brand new account?
You should be able to put your current one on, my UK 360 has a sneaky spare US account for example.

But don't expect to download Japan only things.
Yesterzine - The Literal Magazine Show
http://yesterzine.co.uk | @Yesterzine on Twitter | yesterzineshow@gmail.com

James A

Post by James A » Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:59 am

Will that work if i get a Jap Arcade pack and then put my UK hard drive on it?

C=Style

Post by C=Style » Sat Nov 29, 2008 4:12 pm

Gminty can we have a review of Raiden IV please! I think a lot of us here are really interested in this game. :)

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:25 am

James A wrote:Will that work if i get a Jap Arcade pack and then put my UK hard drive on it?
It works did it with my Jap 360.. You just need to connect it to the internet to retrieve your account or all the games you bought will be demo's only..
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:27 am

GMinty where dir you buy it from.. I just brought the
DoDonpachi Dai Ou Jou from Play Asia well pre-ordered.. I seem to be getting hit with tax at the moment when I order 'Silent Hill Homecoming' from them
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

gmintyfresh

Post by gmintyfresh » Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:17 am

Dudley wrote:
James A wrote:Question, If i imported a Jap 360 would i be able to put my normal 360 game profile on it or would i have to set up a brand new account?
You should be able to put your current one on, my UK 360 has a sneaky spare US account for example.

Yes you can, on the Jap machine you'll be able to log straight into your Uk account and be able to play Jap games and even save progress + achievements.

I transferred my uk profile onto a memory card log in that way.

However you can't download Japanese only content you can only do that with a Jap account (which is easy enough to arrange).

gmintyfresh

Post by gmintyfresh » Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:18 am

James A wrote:Will that work if i get a Jap Arcade pack and then put my UK hard drive on it?
Yes it will, I tried exactly that this morning!! :D

gmintyfresh

Post by gmintyfresh » Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:19 am

C=Style wrote:Gminty can we have a review of Raiden IV please! I think a lot of us here are really interested in this game. :)
Hee I'll write a sneaky quick review at work today!!

gmintyfresh

Post by gmintyfresh » Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:26 am

Shinobi wrote:GMinty where dir you buy it from.. I just brought the
DoDonpachi Dai Ou Jou from Play Asia well pre-ordered.. I seem to be getting hit with tax at the moment when I order 'Silent Hill Homecoming' from them
Play-Asia.

Strangley I've never been hit for import duty on a game from them, but I always get charged for consoles!!

Have you tried NCSX?

http://www.ncsx.com/

I've used them a few times and they're really friendly and trustworthy, sometimes they are cheaper than PA but the deliveries seem to take a little bit longer on average.

gmintyfresh

Post by gmintyfresh » Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:07 am

Fightersmegamix wrote:Import 360 looks like the new dreamcast :) There may be an outside chance of raiden IV reaching here in a couple of years but no chance with death smiles.
gmintyfresh wrote:Otomedius has sold 14,045 copies in Japan in three days and is number 19 in the multiformat chart. Apparently that's more sales than Raiden Fighters Aces, Radien 4, and Shikigami 3 have sold combined!!
Thats kind of sad re sales of raiden and shikigami, they must only be selling 5000 copies each - its hard to see how companies can keep going with sales like that. Although its great when a shmup is released on Live theres no replacing a nice retail copy.
Yep it is sad that these games aren't selling better, apparently though the Wii version of Shikigami 3 got respectable sales figures. I suspect the Cave ports might do a bit better.

I totally agree, retail versions are better for me too I loved the Xbox conversions of Ikaruga and Trigger Heart Exelica but the DC versions are still better packages for me.

gmintyfresh

Otomedius

Post by gmintyfresh » Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:05 am

I mentioned above in my quick review of Otomedius that one of the problems with the game was the Japanese language menus, I "borrowed" the menu translation below from the Shmups System11 forum:

Original mode
Gorgeous mode
Shop
Gallery

Original mode
> Game start
> Option
> Ranking
> Replay
> Return

Gorgeous mode
> Multiplay live mode
>> Loading data
>> Character select
>>> Quick match
>>> Custom match
>>> Create custom match
>>> Create private match
>>> Return
> Multiplay LAN mode
> Option
> Ranking
> Replay
> Return

This should make things a little easier if you've bought the game.

famicom69

Post by famicom69 » Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:58 pm

I would love to play many of the games mentioned in this thread. Im still looking into a Japanese 360 Arcade. Rather expensive though. Im guessing the warranty is the same if it RRODs.

James A

Post by James A » Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:58 pm

Is there anywhere UK wise that sell import 360's? Im seriously tempted but im put off by the whole 360 reliability issues. My UK one looks like its on its way out yet again and having to sned one back to Play Asia sounds like a ball ache.

Dudley

Post by Dudley » Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:10 pm

gmintyfresh wrote:
Dudley wrote:

Yes you can, on the Jap machine you'll be able to log straight into your Uk account and be able to play Jap games and even save progress + achievements.

I transferred my uk profile onto a memory card log in that way.

However you can't download Japanese only content you can only do that with a Jap account (which is easy enough to arrange).
And in some cases a Japanese internet connection, which is slightly trickier.
Yesterzine - The Literal Magazine Show
http://yesterzine.co.uk | @Yesterzine on Twitter | yesterzineshow@gmail.com

gmintyfresh

Post by gmintyfresh » Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:13 am

Dudley wrote: And in some cases a Japanese internet connection, which is slightly trickier.
I did not know that Dudley!! Thanks :D