The Worst Game In The World EVER.....Quarter Final Heat C

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Quarter Final, Heat C

Poll ended at Mon Jun 05, 2006 1:03 pm

Double Dragon (C64 Cassette)
41%
Eastenders (8 Bit Various)
19%
Barnies Hide And Seek (Mega Drive)
9%
Fifa Football (Various)
16%
Home Alone 2 (NES)
6%
ET (Atari 2600)
9%

Total votes: 32

preownedgames.co.uk

Post by preownedgames.co.uk » Sun Jun 04, 2006 6:44 pm

Are any of the FIFA games the worst game ever made ? Probably not.

Is the franchise symbolic of everything that is wrong with the state of the industry these days ? Yes.

I think what games like the FIFA series have done to the industry as a whole is a far worse crime than just being a bad game, that would be forgivable.
Preowned Games - Buy games that other people are bored with.

revgiblet

Re:

Post by revgiblet » Mon Jun 05, 2006 4:07 am

preownedgames.co.uk wrote:Are any of the FIFA games the worst game ever made ? Probably not.

Is the franchise symbolic of everything that is wrong with the state of the industry these days ? Yes.

I think what games like the FIFA series have done to the industry as a whole is a far worse crime than just being a bad game, that would be forgivable.
But this poll is all about the worst game ever, not the worst franchise, or the worst thing about modern gaming. The question is "What is the single worst game ever according to a bunch of nobodies on a Retro Gaming forum?" Voting for FIFA because you don't like EA's policies is not appropriate.
"He who lives only to benefit himself confers on the world a benefit when he dies."

Tertullian

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Mon Jun 05, 2006 4:13 am

I love the EA footy games, it was the sole reason for me to get a Playstation I years ago when i saw World Cup 98 on the Playstation and the great commentary.

Brilliant game. At the end of the day it seems that some people here just dont like football (surprise surprise) so they obviously wont like the games. Worst game ever ? Hell no. I love the Madden american footy games as well, i 'presume' like the EA FIFA games they slightly change each year with new players/teams and not always many new features but either way if youre a footy fan or NFL fan you love these games.

Worst game evers a bit far fetched though

The anti-EA stuff i read here is laughable. I dont think EA has done a huge amount of harm at all. I think some people go a bit OTT about it just as they do when people go on about Microsoft all the time.

Like the last person said, its about worst game, its not about some politics about whether you think EA are ruining the games industry or not . Christ its just a bit of fun to pick the worst GAME.

The Last Ginja

Re:

Post by The Last Ginja » Mon Jun 05, 2006 5:26 am

psj3809 wrote:I love the EA footy games, it was the sole reason for me to get a Playstation I years ago when i saw World Cup 98 on the Playstation and the great commentary.

Brilliant game. At the end of the day it seems that some people here just dont like football (surprise surprise) so they obviously wont like the games. Worst game ever ? Hell no. I love the Madden american footy games as well, i 'presume' like the EA FIFA games they slightly change each year with new players/teams and not always many new features but either way if youre a footy fan or NFL fan you love these games.

Worst game evers a bit far fetched though

The anti-EA stuff i read here is laughable. I dont think EA has done a huge amount of harm at all. I think some people go a bit OTT about it just as they do when people go on about Microsoft all the time.

Like the last person said, its about worst game, its not about some politics about whether you think EA are ruining the games industry or not . Christ its just a bit of fun to pick the worst GAME.
I LOVE Football, I play decent football games like Pro Evo and the original Sensi, but Fifa has never been a decent Footie game. The first one wowed me with it's "3D" graphics, but as someone else mentioned it plays in jerkovision.

Fifa=School Yard Football.
Pro Evo=The Brazil of football games.

C4

Re:

Post by C4 » Mon Jun 05, 2006 12:37 pm

The Last Ginja wrote:Fifa=School Yard Football.
That's bit unfair to jumpers-for-goalpost footy.

FIFA = Brittas Empire-style football

Kickboxingshrimp

Post by Kickboxingshrimp » Mon Jun 05, 2006 1:46 pm

anyway, after all the fifa bashing! lol

this heat is over!..and advancing....

Double dragon, eastenders and Fifa football

(No ET, bit of a shocker!)

check out soon for the final quarter final heat
Stay Tuna`d

www.kickboxingshrimp.com

Xbox Live Account : KBS Dot Com

HalcyonDaze

Post by HalcyonDaze » Mon Jun 05, 2006 2:51 pm

Good to see the truly awful FIFA going through, despite the petty tactical voting :D