The making of... Pinball Fantasies

Want to air your opinions on the latest issue of Retro Gamer? Step inside...

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

BobS

The making of... Pinball Fantasies

Post by BobS » Sun May 28, 2006 12:08 pm

I''m wondering what happened to the Pinball Fantasies article promised for issue 25? That, and Pinball Dreams, are still the best pinball games of all, and I was looking forward to reading more about them...

Has it been held over 'til issue 26 perhaps?

preownedgames.co.uk

Post by preownedgames.co.uk » Sun May 28, 2006 3:29 pm

Which one was the one that had a main table which led off to an underwater table, a western table and another one that I can't quite remember ? I never had it on the amiga but used to play the DOS version when I first went to uni I think.
Preowned Games - Buy games that other people are bored with.

Darran@Retro Gamer

Post by Darran@Retro Gamer » Sun May 28, 2006 3:33 pm

I wanted my Ghostbusters feature to tie in with Mat's Activision article, so I pushed Pinball Dreams and Fantasies back an issue. It's all been designed and is in issue 26 :)

preownedgames.co.uk

Re:

Post by preownedgames.co.uk » Sun May 28, 2006 3:58 pm

Darran@Retro Gamer wrote:I wanted my Ghostbusters feature to tie in with Mat's Activision article, so I pushed Pinball Dreams and Fantasies back an issue. It's all been designed and is in issue 26 :)
When is issue 26 due ? I can never remember what date it was the previous month.
Preowned Games - Buy games that other people are bored with.

GetDexter

Post by GetDexter » Mon May 29, 2006 3:35 am

Pinball Dreams!!! Wow, the memories man, the memories. I remember buying this for my PC back in the nineties and spending an unhealthy amount of time playing it. Hey, hang on, it's triggered another memory... actually PC Format gave a 3-ball demo of the first 'Rocket Ship' level on their cover disk. Yeah... that's right. And I played that for hours on end before giving in and buying the retail copy.

Then a year later I think a box set was released with Pinball Dreams, Pinball Fantasy's and two other pinball games ?? I bought that as well.

That was the start of a short pinball fetish on my part :D I remember having Judge Dredd pinball too, which was good fun, and of course, for the Playstation 1, the amazing 'The Web' which was brilliant and still is!
As requested by the Tw@t himself - his account was Hijacked and has had a change of password.

Sorry Dexter!

Opa-Opa

Post by Opa-Opa » Mon May 29, 2006 3:49 am

I am just working on a short piece for Weekend Gamer E2 that has a pinball theme...

Lentini2001

Re:

Post by Lentini2001 » Sun Jun 04, 2006 12:37 pm

GetDexter wrote:Then a year later I think a box set was released with Pinball Dreams, Pinball Fantasy's and two other pinball games ?? I bought that as well.
Pinball Illusions could of been one of the others?

Antiriad2097

Re:

Post by Antiriad2097 » Sun Jun 04, 2006 1:09 pm

preownedgames.co.uk wrote:When is issue 26 due ? I can never remember what date it was the previous month.
22nd June according to Issue 25.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

Dudley

Post by Dudley » Sun Jun 04, 2006 1:12 pm

It could but I think it was Pinball Mania, which used the same engine.
Yesterzine - The Literal Magazine Show
http://yesterzine.co.uk | @Yesterzine on Twitter | yesterzineshow@gmail.com