What are you currently playing?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

gmintyfresh

Post by gmintyfresh » Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:17 am

Mercenaries 2 (360) - now it's completed I'm trying to mop up some of the achievements

Warriors Orochi (360) - This arrived yesterday, quite enjoying it so far. The game all gets a bit insane when what seems like hundreds of warriors are around you trying to kill and you're tw@tting them all the place. A little confusing intially too but bl00dy good fun I might have to read the instructions!!!

All my Wii games.................... No that's a lie!

DreamcastRIP

Post by DreamcastRIP » Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:52 pm

Samba de Amigo (Wii) and its fab despite what some, but by no means all, reviews have stated so far. Compares favourably with both SdA games for Dreamcast and the red maraca sleeves I bought with it are so cool! :D
Own: Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive MegaCD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS GBm GBA GBC GBP GB Virtual Boy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac

Scooby1970

Post by Scooby1970 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:55 pm

PS3:
Metal Gear Solid 4 (13 hours into it, and loving every moment of it)
Pure
Wipeout HD
Grand Theft Auto 4

PS2:
Black

Saturn:
Panzer Dragoon Zwei

Dreamcast:
Beijing 2000

PLus some other bits and bobs!

:) Mark
http://twitter.com/markyboyo
PS3, 360, PS2, PS1, PSP, Wii, DC, Saturn, Megadrive, GBA, DS & more!

stejay

Post by stejay » Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:30 pm

Scooby1970 wrote:PS3:
Metal Gear Solid 4 (13 hours into it, and loving every moment of it)
Pure
Wipeout HD
Grand Theft Auto 4

PS2:
Black

Saturn:
Panzer Dragoon Zwei

Dreamcast:
Beijing 2000

PLus some other bits and bobs!

:) Mark
What on earth is Beijing 2000 on Dreamcast?

nesmaster

Post by nesmaster » Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:23 pm

I've gone back to Rez on Dreamcast. Stunning. That is all.
Xbox Live Gamer Tag:
SuperWarioMan

DreamcastRIP

Post by DreamcastRIP » Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:55 pm

nesmaster wrote:I've gone back to Rez on Dreamcast. Stunning. That is all.
I bought the PS2 version (to play on my PS3) yesterday on ebay for two reasons. Firstly to see if the marginally smoother frame rate makes any real difference and also to chuckle at the jaggies it has relative to the DC version! :lol:
Own: Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive MegaCD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS GBm GBA GBC GBP GB Virtual Boy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac

bonerlaw

Post by bonerlaw » Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:20 pm

Still on Killer7 on PS2.........seriously WTF!!?!?!?!

A really enjoyable game, but the more I play it, the more I feel like Im going more and more insane.......

:shock:

JackPainter

Post by JackPainter » Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:26 pm

I'm playing the Fracture demo at the moment. Pretty fun game.
XBOX LIVE: JackFrustration
PSN Account: JackSawyer

stejay

Post by stejay » Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:46 pm

I've just finished Halo 3. Not as I expected the game to be....

JetSetWilly

Post by JetSetWilly » Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:54 pm

Duke 3d on single player (still waiting for a multiplayer challenge from some of you!!!) and still playing COD4 on multiplayer. Trying to do some of Oblivion as well. Managed to kill the Necromancer in the caverns and made the invisible village visible again, so its all good!!!!
JSW's Guff Emporium! <- My bit of t'internet.
IronMaidenRule wrote:I want to be a mighty warrior that can give people Vajjazles with a swing of his mighty sword, and also replenish health with communal Merkins!....I would like to be called....Norman!

STranger81

Post by STranger81 » Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:45 am

Mario Kart Super Curcuit.
EA Skate
Wii Play (my girlfriend is obsessed with this bloody thing!)
Doom II
TNA impact
Xbox gamer tag: kingboo81

Zagrebo

Post by Zagrebo » Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:12 am

Recently I've been playing

Harvest Moon - Friends of Mineral Town and Doom 2 on GBA

Dave's Day Out
and a whole host of other JSW-type games (for my gaming blog thing (see below)) on PC/emulation.

Super Mario Sunshine on Gamecube
http://mattyongames.wordpress.com/

Indie gaming and retrogaming blog by me

merman

Post by merman » Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:14 am

The Punisher (MAME) over in the Retroleague
merman1974 on Steam, Xbox Live, Twitter and YouTube

C=Style

Post by C=Style » Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:36 pm

NHL 09 and UT 3.

NHL 09 is a very different game than other versions I've played in the past, and this is exactly what I wanted. It has a real simulator feel and the Make a Pro mode is undoubtedly the best thing to happen to a sports game ever. You play as you created character as you push through the ranks of substitute teams to try and make it to the big league. The camera follows your chacratcer only so it's up to you how much of an impact you make to the overall game.

As you play you are consistently monitored by your coach who lets you know when you get back to the bench how well you're doing in the form of a score card. The things I love about this mode is taht it give the game a more personal feel, like you really are within a game World. For instance, when you come off because you are getting tired the camera follows you as you sit on the bench to wait it out, with the head camera panning left and right as you follow the game from the sidelines, the same is true when you end up in the "sin bin". It's a very cool touch.

Overall it also plays beautifully, simple yet complex with most stick action being controlled on the right analogue.

Unreal Tourney 3:

Wow, what a beautiful game, I've not played or indeed enjoyed a frag fest quite like this since the original UT on Dreamcast, this feels to me like the true official update of that game, can barely believe that it's only generation between them as the games look and play light years apart.

Obviously the online is where it's at and it's lag free which help me immensely. I was always pretty good at UT, and my first online session saw me dominate a game of 8 online contestants with 20 frags and 4 deaths. I surprised myself! and put it down to the smooth controls and feel that just aren't there in other online FPS games. It also plays a dream with the 360 controller.

sscott

Post by sscott » Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:04 pm

JetSetWilly wrote:Duke 3d on single player (still waiting for a multiplayer challenge from some of you!!!) and still playing COD4 on multiplayer. Trying to do some of Oblivion as well. Managed to kill the Necromancer in the caverns and made the invisible village visible again, so its all good!!!!
Gonna play Oblivion GOTY Ed on PS3 this weekend, scared at the time I'll need to put into it to start enjoying it though.