What films/TV shows have you watched this week??

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

bonerlaw

Post by bonerlaw » Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:15 am

Because my daughter loves them, I have been watching the Wiggles.....pretty much for the last 6 months!!

<fruit salad, yummy yummy>

Oh, but managed to sneak in watching Liverpool spanking the Toffees 2 - 0 today in between Wiggles shows!

Loftgroover

Post by Loftgroover » Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:34 am

watched Tropic Thunder last night. Not amazing but pretty funny...more films need stars to black up imo. Al Jolson comeback ftw

The Master

Post by The Master » Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:33 pm

What on earth are the Wiggles. Please help, I have such strange images going carousel in my head right now.
gleeple doople zwak-zwak snafn olg mmnnnnip

flying_delorean81

Post by flying_delorean81 » Sat Sep 27, 2008 6:06 pm

I watched Tropic Thunder today and was a bit disappointed. It had some funny moments but I was expecting from the great cast...
My Instagram: @caveofpixels
My Facebook: THE CAVE OF PIXELS
My Tumblr: THE CAVE OF PIXELS
My DeviantART page: caveofpixels.deviantart.com

sscott

Post by sscott » Sat Sep 27, 2008 6:20 pm

flying_delorean81 wrote:I watched Tropic Thunder today and was a bit disappointed. It had some funny moments but I was expecting from the great cast...
Jack Black suggesting what he would do to the man who released him from the tree to get drugs almost made my wife do a wee!

woody.cool

Post by woody.cool » Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:02 pm

I've just finished watching the entire 'Nightmare on Elm Street' box set - that's all 8 DVDs worth (7 if you don't include 'Wes Craverns New Nightmare')

sscott

Post by sscott » Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:23 pm

woody.cool wrote:I've just finished watching the entire 'Nightmare on Elm Street' box set - that's all 8 DVDs worth (7 if you don't include 'Wes Craverns New Nightmare')
Why would you not include that? Was at least Wes Craven anyway and closer to the original in tone than many of the sequals I think.

JackPainter

Post by JackPainter » Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:37 pm

woody.cool wrote:I've just finished watching the entire 'Nightmare on Elm Street' box set - that's all 8 DVDs worth (7 if you don't include 'Wes Craverns New Nightmare')
Ah, yes! I have the box set as well and I've only got up to Dream Warriors (which was actually pretty good).

Anyway, I was forced in to watching SAW III today - it was terrible. I liked the first, thought the second was alright, but this was total rubbish.
XBOX LIVE: JackFrustration
PSN Account: JackSawyer

JetSetWilly

Post by JetSetWilly » Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:47 pm

dont actually watch a lot of telly. all the stuff i do watch is comedy repeats (see open all hours thread and little britain thread for ones i watch)
or movies. Like Star Trek II. Which is what i'm watching right now.

KHHHAAAAAAAANNNNNNN!!!
JSW's Guff Emporium! <- My bit of t'internet.
IronMaidenRule wrote:I want to be a mighty warrior that can give people Vajjazles with a swing of his mighty sword, and also replenish health with communal Merkins!....I would like to be called....Norman!

gman72

Post by gman72 » Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:29 pm

This evening i watched an old BBC dramatization from 1972 called The Stone Tape with Jane Asher. I've been wanting to see this for ages as i heard it was well spooky. I wasn't unhappy with it it was pretty cool considering it's age. However it was not as good as Threads. This was an early 80's BBC Drama about nuclear holocaust and was set in the north of england. Gritty, depressing and horribly realistic. I think it was banned for a while aswell. Anyway i watched that yesterday. Check either show out if you have not seen em yet. Great stuff.
“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.” —Allen Ginsberg, WD

woody.cool

Post by woody.cool » Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:13 am

JackPainter wrote:
Ah, yes! I have the box set as well and I've only got up to Dream Warriors (which was actually pretty good).
Agreed there, they're all quite good.
JackPainter wrote:Anyway, I was forced in to watching SAW III today - it was terrible. I liked the first, thought the second was alright, but this was total rubbish.
Oh dear!!! SAW III is a big steaming turd!

RetroAerosmith

Post by RetroAerosmith » Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:37 am

gman72 wrote:This evening i watched an old BBC dramatization from 1972 called The Stone Tape with Jane Asher. I've been wanting to see this for ages as i heard it was well spooky. I wasn't unhappy with it it was pretty cool considering it's age. However it was not as good as Threads. This was an early 80's BBC Drama about nuclear holocaust and was set in the north of england. Gritty, depressing and horribly realistic. I think it was banned for a while aswell. Anyway i watched that yesterday. Check either show out if you have not seen em yet. Great stuff.
I remember watching "threads" when it was originally aired and the only 2 parts I could remember were when the bomb hits and the lady shopping pees herself and towards the end I thought there was a part where the aged version of the girl passes a soldier who puts a gun in his mouth. I recently bought the dvd and the pee bit was in but the gun bit wasnt so maybe i was confused. It seems even though the special effects are basic its still a massive "wow" seeing all the pain and devastation compared to a Nuclear explosion in say "24"

Anyway a pretty grim movie but im always fascinated watching old 70s/80s type dramas to remember how we used to be and live. I like to Youtube those old Public Info films like that kid that flies his kite too close to electric pylons, how innocent and yet stupid were we
Anyways before i bore a few people, I recently watched "The children of the stones" and yesterday received my double box set of Catweazle.

Up to date stufff - Im currently hooked on "The 4400" which I thought was criminally underlooked and cancelled after 4 series (im part way through no4) If you watch it its kinda like xfiles meets heroes even though it was made before heroes.

SirClive

Post by SirClive » Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:30 am

Watched Robot Chicken Star Wars yesterday. Never seen RC before and thought it was pretty good. A couple of laugh out loud moments. Far funnier than that Blue Harvest family guy thing.

bonerlaw

Post by bonerlaw » Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:41 am

The Master wrote:What on earth are the Wiggles. Please help, I have such strange images going carousel in my head right now.
They're a bunch of australian guys who sing lots of annoying songs that grate on you so much you want to beat your own head to a pulp...............i love them.......

:roll: :roll:

paranoid marvin

Post by paranoid marvin » Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:14 am

gman72 wrote:This evening i watched an old BBC dramatization from 1972 called The Stone Tape with Jane Asher. I've been wanting to see this for ages as i heard it was well spooky. I wasn't unhappy with it it was pretty cool considering it's age. However it was not as good as Threads. This was an early 80's BBC Drama about nuclear holocaust and was set in the north of england. Gritty, depressing and horribly realistic. I think it was banned for a while aswell. Anyway i watched that yesterday. Check either show out if you have not seen em yet. Great stuff.
yeah , i'd heard plenty of people banging on about how good this was . watched it a while ago , it wasnt that great. I guess you had to watch it back in the day
Mr Flibble says...
"Game over , boys!"