The Worse Game In The World EVER.....Round 1 Heat H

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Round 1, Heat H

Poll ended at Wed May 24, 2006 7:19 am

Complete Onside Soccer (PS1)
24%
Fifa Football (Various)
31%
Barneys Hide And Seek (?)
17%
The Master (Spectrum)
3%
Breakthrough (Amstrad)
10%
Superbowl (Spectrum)
7%
Overlander (Amiga)
No votes
Dinky Digger (Spectrum)
3%
Holy Magic Century (N64)
3%
Subwar Vigalinte (C64)
No votes

Total votes: 29

Kickboxingshrimp

The Worse Game In The World EVER.....Round 1 Heat H

Post by Kickboxingshrimp » Sun May 21, 2006 7:19 am

blah Blah Blah...

10 games....

Blah Blah Blah

3 Days...You Decide! ;)

Complete Onside Soccer (PS1)
Fifa Football (Various)
Barneys Hide And Seek
The Master (Spectrum)
Breakthrough (Amstrad)
Superbowl (Spectrum)
Overlander (Amiga)
Dinky Digger (Spectrum)
Holy Magic Century (N64)
Subwar Vigalinte (C64)

2nd to last heat guys...happy voting!
Stay Tuna`d

www.kickboxingshrimp.com

Xbox Live Account : KBS Dot Com

The Last Ginja

Post by The Last Ginja » Sun May 21, 2006 7:36 am

Fifa because overall there have been more bad:

Fifa 64
01 on PS2
96/97 on PS1
etc. etc.

oh hang on they're all censored.

including the New World Cup game on the 360.

Play Pro Evo or Sensi(but not the remake) people you know it make sense!!!!

Sureshot

Post by Sureshot » Sun May 21, 2006 7:44 am

Barney's Hide and Seek was on the Mega Drive, and no child should have been subject to such utter dross in their early years.

Despite this encouragement, I'm actually continuing to mill over my choice... the FIFA franchise is almost as bad, and Complete Onside Soccer was also cack if I remember. Plus, it has perhaps the worst name for a football game ever.

The Last Ginja

Re:

Post by The Last Ginja » Sun May 21, 2006 8:02 am

Sureshot wrote:Barney's Hide and Seek was on the Mega Drive, and no child should have been subject to such utter dross in their early years.

Despite this encouragement, I'm actually continuing to mill over my choice... the FIFA franchise is almost as bad, and Complete Onside Soccer was also cack if I remember. Plus, it has perhaps the worst name for a football game ever.
At least that had the decency not to release another one, unlike EA......

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Sun May 21, 2006 9:19 am

But the first FIFAs were decent enough. It just went downhill when we get into the modern era with the PS1 etc. The retro versions are fine.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

The Last Ginja

Re:

Post by The Last Ginja » Sun May 21, 2006 10:15 am

Antiriad2097 wrote:But the first FIFAs were decent enough. It just went downhill when we get into the modern era with the PS1 etc. The retro versions are fine.
They were at the time, but I tried to play Fifa 95 recently and they're definitely a case for the Rose tinted specs, even ISS deluxe on the Snes isn't anywhere near decent. Sensi stands up as a great game because it was never meant to be a sim, and it's really the only retro footy game that I can now play.

These days Pro Evo eats away at my time with my friends and we have regular tournaments either on our own or 2 on 2, which is always a laugh.

preownedgames.co.uk

Re:

Post by preownedgames.co.uk » Sun May 21, 2006 10:21 am

The Last Ginja wrote:
Play Pro Evo or Sensi(but not the remake)
I was quite looking forward to the new one, have you heard bad things about it ?
Preowned Games - Buy games that other people are bored with.

C4

Post by C4 » Sun May 21, 2006 10:49 am

Barney's Hide and Seek on the Mega Drive.

According to the tagline for one of the game's reviews it is "the game that made the devil quit his job".

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/genesis ... 23370.html

The Universal

Re:

Post by The Universal » Sun May 21, 2006 10:59 am

The Last Ginja wrote:Fifa because overall there have been more bad:

Fifa 64
01 on PS2
96/97 on PS1
etc. etc.

oh hang on they're all censored.

including the New World Cup game on the 360.

Play Pro Evo or Sensi(but not the remake) people you know it make sense!!!!
Hmm, Fifa bashing for the sake of it, didnt think RG's forums would come to this. The first Fifa totally caught Sensi napping, when the tired update ssws arrived Fifa with no hype trounced it. The isometric view worked well and at the time offered the best representation of football on consoles, Sensi and Kickoff were both looking and playing like tired video games as opposed to Fifa that was a fair representation of the sport.

Fifa's first 3D offereing was on the 3DO and to this day it hasnt been bettered for atmosphere if you havent seen it check it out, unfortunately the PSX updates were lacklustre affairs because the machine wasnt as media friendly as the 3DO.
Fifa vs Pro Evo is like petrol and diesel, you get the one you prefer, for me Sega World Wide Soccer (SAT) is the best footie game. Sensi is and always was for the Amiga boys, and is only a classic because it is old
Just where is Mickey T?

The Last Ginja

Re:

Post by The Last Ginja » Sun May 21, 2006 11:19 am

preownedgames.co.uk wrote:
The Last Ginja wrote:
I was quite looking forward to the new one, have you heard bad things about it ?
I played the demo on Xbox round a friends only this morning, I didn't think it was up to much tbh, I'll probably "rent" it from GAME for 10 days and see what I think from there.

revgiblet

Post by revgiblet » Sun May 21, 2006 11:37 am

FIFA's only fault is not being as good as Pro Evo. That doesn't make it a bad game.

Complete Onside Soccer, on the other hand, was terrible. There were no sequels because it was impossible to make the original any worse than it worse. I bought it for my PS1 ages ago and when I went to trade it in after about three hours the shop refused to take it. Think about it...
"He who lives only to benefit himself confers on the world a benefit when he dies."

Tertullian

SirClive

Re:

Post by SirClive » Sun May 21, 2006 12:48 pm

revgiblet wrote:FIFA's only fault is not being as good as Pro Evo. That doesn't make it a bad game...
Thats very true (and it even has some bits that are better than Evo like presentation and commentary). I've said it before and I will say it again, don't vote on the franchise - vote on the games. There have been very few bad FIFA games, just a very large number of cash-ins.

Anyway, Breakthrough was absolutely awful on whichever version I used to have (was either speccy or c64) so I'm voting for that. The first game that was so bad I wrote to the company to complain.

pottyboy

Re:

Post by pottyboy » Sun May 21, 2006 1:01 pm

The Last Ginja wrote:
preownedgames.co.uk wrote:
The Last Ginja wrote:
I played the demo on Xbox round a friends only this morning, I didn't think it was up to much tbh, I'll probably "rent" it from GAME for 10 days and see what I think from there.
I've actually played the PS2 demo many times and tbh I quite like it! The only downside is that it's just too easy. I hope the full version has a changeable difficulty setting as in the previous sensi games.

I recently showed my mate the PS2 demo as he used to love playing SWOS on his old Windows 95 PC years ago. Even he's very tempted to buy it for his PS2!

revgiblet, I believe every word you said! Pro Evo plays better than FIFA, but I still enjoy FIFA very much as it plays a good game in its own right. IMO I think it has improved since its first incarnation. I had FIFA on the Amiga and SNES and found it unplayable, but the later FIFA's (from FIFA 98 onwards) are much better and have improved year after year. However, I'm not one of those who buys the new FIFA every year. The last FIFA I bought was 2006 for the PC, but the last one I bought before that was FIFA Road To World Cup 98 on the PS1 when it first came out!

Oh, and Complete Onside Soccer really was crap! It was a good thing that I tried the demo first!

"And I've got a little TIP for you. Get the POINT?" - Guybrush Threepwood

Opa-Opa

Post by Opa-Opa » Sun May 21, 2006 1:10 pm

I don't really play moden football games so have no point of view on the current Fifa vs Pro Evo argument :(

I enjoy a good football game though and when Fifa came out me and my mates had a great time playing it. The first one, Fifa soccer and Fifa 98 Road to world cup are my fav's.....

On Side was a complete stinker... get's my vote...

HalcyonDaze

Post by HalcyonDaze » Mon May 22, 2006 3:12 pm

There have been very few bad FIFA games,
Arf :D :D...........WUM