Fantasy Football League - Season 3

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

Craig_Vintropedia

Post by Craig_Vintropedia » Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:46 pm

Hey guys, new to the forum, so hope you don't mind if i join ur fantasy league. I won the league i was in last year by over 100 points, so logically this season, i'll fail miserably!

Team: FC Fanta
My Name: Craig Chapple

Loftgroover

Post by Loftgroover » Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:17 am

Team - Scotty Knows Best
Name - Scott Adcock

Sputryk

Post by Sputryk » Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:10 pm

Welcome one and all. Anyone at all can join in this fun, that includes all the previous Seasons 'failures and mid-table nobodies' :wink: :lol: who have yet to register this year.

I should announce now that we do have a giver of a trophy for the Cup competition (so everyone thank the Paranoid one - much appreciated Marv) though no trophy yet for the League winner. Anyone willing?

Unless we make 32 teams I will have to devise a system that will leave us with a nice round number to progress through the knockout stages without complication. So, c'mon everybody, get registering!

Oh, and still no idea what happened to Rich Burton who did have a team entered but has subsequently vanished!

Wildnites

Post by Wildnites » Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:41 am

Just done my team Nites Table, hope I do better than last season...
Please Sir I cannot tell a lie......

sleeper77

Post by sleeper77 » Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:09 pm

sleepy fc

kollekole

Post by kollekole » Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:18 pm

utopian dream XI................

paranoid marvin

Post by paranoid marvin » Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:19 pm

Team name : For Foxes Sake
My name : David Marsden
Mr Flibble says...
"Game over , boys!"

RB

Post by RB » Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:08 pm

Finally got my team picked (apologies Sputryk)... The Om Nyom Nyoms will be representing the RG freelancers!

I'll also get a suitably cheesy trophy with RG engraving sorted out shortly.

Sputryk

Post by Sputryk » Sat Aug 16, 2008 4:00 pm

Cheers, RB! What happened to your Moocows? Sent to the slaughterhouse early? :D And many thanks for the League trophy, too. My only hope now is that we have a nice number of Managers to make my life easier when it comes to sorting our the Cup competition.

Sputryk

Post by Sputryk » Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:29 am

Well, with 24 teams, my job of arranging the Cup is easy. More in a mo. For now, here is the Table as of this first weekend's games:

Position - Team - Manager - GW - Total
1 Wibble FC Simon Burton 61 61
2 Last Of The Sputryks Richard Davy 59 59
3 Team Alfie Craig Hawkins 55 55
4 Scotty Knows Best scott adcock 53 53
5 Utopian Dream XI Luke Davis 52 52
6 Winning XI Rob Kuczynski 49 49
7 Nites Table C Ottawa 48 48
8 Exceptional Elgin Steven McLennan 45 45
9 Metallicock XI Barnaby Whattingham 44 44
10 For Foxes Sake FC David Marsden 43 43
11 Phoenix Laura Glover 42 42
11 Frank's Spankers mk3 Frank Gasking 42 42
13 FC Fanta Craig Chapple 41 41
14 The Om Nyom Nyoms Richard Burton 40 40
15 Firebreather Kopouts steve watson 39 39
16 Arrogant Posers XI Nick Lo Turco 38 38
17 N_gooners northern gooner 36 36
17 Slagston United Dan Gill 36 36
17 FC Generic Team Name The Hawk 36 36
20 Crystal Phallus Cheese Burger 34 34
20 Chaos Allstars Chris Murphy 34 34
22 Weekend Players Sir Clive 32 32
23 sleepy fc sleeper 77 26 26
24 PeaWet Wit Scraps james costello 23 23

Yes, as I am no techy, this is a simple Copy/Paste affair on here. :D I will not update this list after every GameWeek, only at the start of each month (though October will be late as I am on Honeymoon!). Don't be confused by the multiple numbers - the last 2 digits are the Total for the Season, the previous 2 digits is your score for the GameWeek. You will see how it works next time.

Now, as for the Cup, I see the fairest way to achieve a final 16 teams is to hold mini-leagues. Therefore, we will have 6 MiniLeagues of 4 teams, each playing each other once. The top 2 in each MiniLeague progress outright, the remaining 4 places awarded to teams with the most number of points (and if tied, GameWeek points difference, then GameWeek points earned. And don't worry, I know what I am doing!).

These are the tables and, time permitting, I will update these after each GameWeek as appropriate.

GROUP 1
N-Gooners
Pea Wet Wit Scraps
Phoenix
Slagston Utd

GROUP 2
For Foxes Sake FC
Scotty Knows Best
Utopian Dream XI
Weekend Players

GROUP 3
Chaos Allstars
FC Fanta
FC Generic Team Name
The Om Nyom Nyoms

GROUP 4
Firebreather Kopouts
Frank's Spankers Mk3
Nites Table
Wibble FC

GROUP 5
Arrogant Posers
Last Of The Sputryks
Metallicock XI
Winning XI

GROUP 6
Crystal Phallus
Exceptional Elgin
Sleepy FC
Team Alfie

All teams were drawn at random from a pile of face-down scraps of paper, whilst my eyes were closed. Whereas there is no Group Of Death, there are no easy Groups - proof that there was no cheating with the draw!

These Groups will cater for the Preliminary Round(s) of the Cup, all rounds taking place during September.

Enjoy!! :D
Last edited by Sputryk on Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Loftgroover

Post by Loftgroover » Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:08 pm

Like the idea of a cup...gives you some rivals! Need to destroy Sir Clive :twisted:

SirClive

Post by SirClive » Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:00 pm

Anyone looked at this head to head league thing they have put you in? had a shocking week but still beat my opposition so am sitting in 6th in my league :D
Not sure how it decided on who was in your league (shame it didn't use your own mini league).

Sputryk

Post by Sputryk » Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:46 pm

I think it was a purely random choice for the Head-to-Head and not everyone involved will have a Head-to-Head (only being entered upon joining the Fantasy League and then there being a minimum of 24 available teams).

One of our League has a H2H away game up the side of a Napalese mountain! :shock: :lol:

Very annoyed in my H2H - scored 59 (2nd highest score) and lost to the only team scoring more! Gah! :x Plenty of time yet, though. :wink:

Have made a substitution already - neither of my 2 chelsea defenders took part so I have swapped one for another Chelsea defender who did play!

Team Alfie

Post by Team Alfie » Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:49 am

As I've managed to replicate GB's heroics in the Olympics by snatching myself a top three place in the table to defend, I should probably stop lurking. No one likes to see lurkers doing well at Fantasy Football.

Speaking of the Olympics, it just so happens that one of my players has actually been busy over in Beijing for the start of the season. It's that lack of insider knowledge that got me where I am in the table today...

Sureshot

Post by Sureshot » Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:59 am

Already had to make some annoying changes. Swapped Essien (who was absent from the Chelsea squad for no apparent reason last week) with Arteta and changed Johnson for Bosingwa with the extra spare change - mainly because I'm banking that Chelsea's defence probably won't let in 4 goals as much as Portsmouth look like they will this season.

Tevez also unexpectedly didn't play this week so that was also annoying! Luckily I had Geovanni of Hull on the bench so at least he put some points back on the board for me.

Oh and unfortunately I swapped him and Berbatov in before the season started for Adebayor and Carew. This was actually because I was gambling on Berbatov moving soon, which hasn't happened yet :|