Any chance of a feature on.. *submit name here*

Want to air your opinions on the latest issue of Retro Gamer? Step inside...

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

CraigGrannell

Post by CraigGrannell » Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:35 pm

Man, those were some strong jelly babies.
iPhone/iPod/iPad game/app reviews: http://www.iphonetiny.com

mikeb

Post by mikeb » Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:41 pm

Retro Gamer had a Making of Prince of Persia with Jordan Mechner back in issue 32 - it's on the EMag DVD. Very nice article too.

Gabe

Post by Gabe » Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:49 am

merman wrote:
JD! wrote:I'd love to see articles on

* The Myst series
* The Pitfall series
* Prince of Persia
* Music in Video Games
Pitfall has already had a making of. gamesTM did a big feature on Prince of Persia. And you'll have to be a bit more specific than just "music in video games". Licensed tracks? Samples? 8-bit maestros like Rob Hubbard. Narrow it down to one aspect, and you're more likely to see an article on it.
PoP has been in there too, more than once too, IIRC.

JD!

Post by JD! » Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:32 pm

Ah well, I'm new to Retro Gamer and the various mags so I didn't know of those. Sorry. :oops:

nifta

Post by nifta » Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:11 am

i second the Gargoyle Games/FTL request! they were easily one of the top speccy devs...

and a bit of a random request: how about st brides? i'd love to know what happened to them. they were quite unique... :)

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:16 am

Would love a feature on Gargoyle Games.

Not keen personally on a retro look at the Sharp series of home computers, dont think theres hardly anyone here who downloads an emulator for this machine to play games on ?! Want to know about gaming on a variety of machines but not the rubbish ones

GarryG

Post by GarryG » Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:54 am

psj3809 wrote:Would love a feature on Gargoyle Games.
I'd er 'forth' that.

Ad Astra, great game!!

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:29 am

Yeah Ad Astra was one of the first games i played on the Speccy, really liked Lightforce back in the day as well.

Actually didnt get into Tir Na Nog but found it amazing to watch, my best mate loved adventure games so saw him play that a ton

PSXPlayer

Post by PSXPlayer » Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:30 pm

FOR THE LOVE OF JESUS CHRIST AND ALL THE BLESSED SAINTS: "PLAYSTATION". Not a feature. No. I want the entire mag dedicated to Playstation. A playstation retro special. Playstation interviews. Playstation FPS games, Playstation driving games, Playstation hardware, Playstation arcade conversions, Playstation shmups, Playstation RPGs and Playstation peripherals.

50 Issues and no Playstation? Seriously? Honestly? WTF!? Does the magazine have a penchant for consoles with no games or something? Whatever the excuse is, I don't want to hear it (or indeed read it) just do it

I'll even set you up with an interview with dad: Ken Kutaragi. ;)

oh and another vote for Pacman.

jdanddiet

Post by jdanddiet » Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:55 pm

what's a "playstation"?
For retro news, full articles, retrospectives and a gallery of my work check out http://wizwords.net/
Wizwords on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Wizwords
and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/wizwords

Mort

Post by Mort » Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:07 pm

Think it is a new fangled Gizmo , though it will never catch on :D
Blast another coupon missing, what`s on ebay!

JD!

Post by JD! » Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:29 pm

PSXPlayer wrote:FOR THE LOVE OF JESUS CHRIST AND ALL THE BLESSED SAINTS: "PLAYSTATION". Not a feature. No. I want the entire mag dedicated to Playstation. A playstation retro special. Playstation interviews. Playstation FPS games, Playstation driving games, Playstation hardware, Playstation arcade conversions, Playstation shmups, Playstation RPGs and Playstation peripherals.

50 Issues and no Playstation? Seriously? Honestly? WTF!? Does the magazine have a penchant for consoles with no games or something? Whatever the excuse is, I don't want to hear it (or indeed read it) just do it

size]
I won't be buying that issue. Sorry, but Playstation repesents all that is evil in gamine IMO. :lol:

PSXPlayer

Post by PSXPlayer » Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:00 pm

JD! wrote:
PSXPlayer wrote:FOR THE LOVE OF JESUS CHRIST AND ALL THE BLESSED SAINTS: "PLAYSTATION". Not a feature. No. I want the entire mag dedicated to Playstation. A playstation retro special. Playstation interviews. Playstation FPS games, Playstation driving games, Playstation hardware, Playstation arcade conversions, Playstation shmups, Playstation RPGs and Playstation peripherals.

size]
I won't be buying that issue. Sorry, but Playstation repesents all that is evil in gamine IMO. :lol:
0% infantry -- remember that Kiwi ;)

nifta

Post by nifta » Sat Nov 22, 2008 4:14 am

how about the awesome mel croucher? (pimania/deus ex machina/id)

paul woakes? (mercenary/damocles)

and i agree - a feature on pete cooke would be great too :)

CraigGrannell

Post by CraigGrannell » Sun Nov 23, 2008 7:21 am

Mel was interviewed in issue 40.
iPhone/iPod/iPad game/app reviews: http://www.iphonetiny.com