Worse Game In The World EVER.....Round 1 Heat B

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Round 1, Heat B

Poll ended at Sun May 07, 2006 4:40 pm

Vendetta (Spectrum)
No votes
Ultraman (Mega Drive)
2%
Superman (N64)
17%
Afterburner (c64)
21%
Afterburner (c64)
21%
Gran Tursimo (Playstation)
15%
Home Alone (Snes)
6%
Rockstar Ate My Hamster (Spectrum)
No votes
Street Fighter 2 (Amiga)
15%
Robocop 3 (Snes)
4%

Total votes: 48

M.A.G

Post by M.A.G » Sat May 06, 2006 1:03 pm

Robocop 3 Snes censored, censored, censored, censored, censored, censored, censored, censored, censored, censored, censored, censored, censored, censored, censored, censored, censored, censored, censored, censored, censored, censored, censored, censored, censored, censored, censored, censored, censored, censored, censored, censored, censored, censored, censored, censored, shiye, censored, censored, censored, censored, censored, censored, censored, censored, censored, censored, censored, censored, censored, censored, censored, censored, censored, censored, censored, censored, censored, censored, censored, Point made.

The Hardest of All Freds

Post by The Hardest of All Freds » Sat May 06, 2006 1:05 pm

But is it reaaaaaalllllly any good?
Going Solo...................

paranoid marvin

Post by paranoid marvin » Sat May 06, 2006 1:07 pm

I get bored quickly with racing games.
Doesn't takeme long before I'm turning 180 degrees and driving at the opposition
You can tell which games have good driver ai depending on whether they try to get out of the way,or just ram into you following their pre-defined race line
The only racing games I like are RR 1+2 and the driving sections of Getaway
No racing game is truly realistic-how can it be when youre either using a joystick/pad or pretend steering wheel?-I'd much rather play a driving game that's FUN
Mr Flibble says...
"Game over , boys!"

HalcyonDaze

Post by HalcyonDaze » Sat May 06, 2006 3:36 pm

Stop having a go at the bloke running the poll, I nominated the god awful Gran Turismo and it's good to see other gamers also voting for this mind numbing, sleep inducing bore fest.

Lets hope this turgid piece of software picks up a couple more votes to push it into to the final.

Get_in_Gear

Re:

Post by Get_in_Gear » Sat May 06, 2006 4:00 pm

HalcyonDaze wrote:Stop having a go at the bloke running the poll
I agree.
I think he should have made it clearer in the initial post that he didn't pick the games, the users of these boards nominated them!

I don't agree on GT and some of the other choices being there - but that's the fun of this poll. Some people hate games that are clearly highly thought of with more passion than ones that are more universally regarded as crap.

The fact that some people are getting so enraged by the choices probably means it was worth doing...
R Tape loading error, 0:1

[+[_]::]

Kickboxingshrimp

Re:

Post by Kickboxingshrimp » Sat May 06, 2006 6:03 pm

Get_in_Gear wrote:
I agree.
I think he should have made it clearer in the initial post that he didn't pick the games, the users of these boards nominated them!

I don't agree on GT and some of the other choices being there - but that's the fun of this poll. Some people hate games that are clearly highly thought of with more passion than ones that are more universally regarded as crap.

The fact that some people are getting so enraged by the choices probably means it was worth doing...
*Flashback..i did mention this in the first heat, and in the inital nomination thread!*

Thanx for the feedback anyway!...*Must try harder shrimp* lol

The whole point of this thread is to have some debate, and hell even a little bit of healthy "My game is better than this game"

What defines "Worse game",
who knows....Graphics,Control,Realism,..none or all of the above....

Personal choice, do you prefer pick up and play or hours and hours of battles....sim or arcade, platforms or sport...who cares...this vote is your own personal "Worse" game...if it was, indeed, "Rigged" why would i include "Rockstar ate my hamster"...a game that i have already stated is one of my top 5 games of all time...
There is a place for this poll, and i aint seen many "I voted for this game, coz its crap" posts,every vote and following post has generated so much discussion...it cant be a bad thing so every argument is valid.....is "Jet set willy" overrated, is "Halo" the best FPS out there...is "robocop 3 " censored censored censored censored etc :lol: ...
keeps the posts coming, have your say, argue the toss...its up to you, let the surprises flow, let the debate continue...but most of all...

Happy Voting!

P.S.....This heat will finish a few hours early...Midday (british time) sunday to be precise......work dictates! *Humph* lol...so get your votes in quick...again

Top 3 go through, if there is a tie for 2nd place ALL 2nd place picks will go through!...If there is a tie for 3rd, only the top 2 will advance.

Stay Tunad!

Phil (Kickboxingshrimp!)
Stay Tuna`d

www.kickboxingshrimp.com

Xbox Live Account : KBS Dot Com

The Hardest of All Freds

Post by The Hardest of All Freds » Sun May 07, 2006 5:08 am

I can see why people nominated GT. It is a great technical achievement but it is so dull. When I play a racer, I'd rather have souped up super machines a'la WipeOut. Gimme Turbo Boost and gravity defying jumps over sludging round a course in a Fiat.
Going Solo...................

paranoid marvin

Re:

Post by paranoid marvin » Sun May 07, 2006 5:14 am

Get_in_Gear wrote:
I agree.

Some people hate certain games BECAUSE a lot of people find them popular

I'm thinking The Sims here , or most EA games
Mr Flibble says...
"Game over , boys!"

Kickboxingshrimp

Post by Kickboxingshrimp » Sun May 07, 2006 6:31 am

half an hour to go guys, then the poll will be closed, and votes tallied up.....
Stay Tuna`d

www.kickboxingshrimp.com

paranoid marvin

Post by paranoid marvin » Sun May 07, 2006 6:33 am

glad to see that Rokstar looks safe..would have hated that to be nominated as the worst ever!
Mr Flibble says...
"Game over , boys!"

Sureshot

Re:

Post by Sureshot » Sun May 07, 2006 6:43 am

paranoid marvin wrote:
Get_in_Gear wrote:
I agree.

Some people hate certain games BECAUSE a lot of people find them popular

I'm thinking The Sims here , or most EA games
I hate The Sims because it's utter cack yet somehow an insane cash-cow for EA. Much like Big Brother, the first one was an interesting spectacle, the rest were dire cash-ins.

Kickboxingshrimp

Post by Kickboxingshrimp » Sun May 07, 2006 7:00 am

Ok...thats it...the votes are over, stick a fork in it, this heats done!

Advancing to round 2...

Afterburner (C64)
Superman (N64)
Street Fighter 2 (Amiga)
and
*Whisper*
Gran Tursimo (PS1)

Look out for heat C...Coming Up Soon...
Stay Tuna`d

www.kickboxingshrimp.com

Elgin_McQueen

Post by Elgin_McQueen » Sun May 07, 2006 10:42 am

Doesn't look like I got my vote in in time, though it still let me vote, was Superman anyway as I'm the person who nominated it.
Join the Retroleague, dip in and out or compete to be the best, everyone welcome! https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/retroleague/

HalcyonDaze

Post by HalcyonDaze » Sun May 07, 2006 5:41 pm

Wooohoooooo

Gran Turismo gets voted through, justice is done :D

EnglishRob

Post by EnglishRob » Mon May 08, 2006 2:17 am

Well since I've only played Gran Tourismo and Street Fighter 2 on the Amiga, I'd go for Street Fighter 2.

IIRC, it was worse than the sloppy conversion of Final Fight!

Rob
How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood? - Guybrush Threepwood