its my 40th today.......

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

bonerlaw

Post by bonerlaw » Sat Jun 21, 2008 4:26 pm

Happy Birthday Hope that beer is the first of many!!

SirClive

Post by SirClive » Sat Jun 21, 2008 4:59 pm

Happy birthday dude.

C=Style

Post by C=Style » Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:05 pm

Yep, Happy Birthday chap, hope you're enjoying yourself whatever you're up to.

JetSetWilly

Post by JetSetWilly » Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:38 pm

hope you had a good one mate.
JSW's Guff Emporium! <- My bit of t'internet.
IronMaidenRule wrote:I want to be a mighty warrior that can give people Vajjazles with a swing of his mighty sword, and also replenish health with communal Merkins!....I would like to be called....Norman!

yethboth

Post by yethboth » Sun Jun 22, 2008 2:05 pm

Happy 40th Birthday, just remember, you are not old until you are 80!. :)
My You Tube Channel is: http://www.youtube.com/user/yethboth

madblokeything

Post by madblokeything » Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:51 pm

funny that it was my granny`s 80th on friday .....then my 40th on sat...oh and my sister was 36 on sat too.....and both our daughters were born on the same day too......freakey eh...

then i get married again and my wifes got two kids born on the same day years apart.. :shock:
http://card.mygamercard.net/apps/geowar ... ything.png
http://.mygamercard.net/madblokeything.png

Bub&Bob

Post by Bub&Bob » Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:30 pm

40 scares the poo out of me - Im 34.5 and whilst I still feel and act (although clearly don't look like) like a 20 year old the big four O will soon be here.......

Although, being single at 34 is just about ok - need to bag a bird in the next 2-3 years though or its grab a granny for me :x
The dry fart for Barry MacDermot and all the cancer patients in the Glamorgan testicle ward

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:40 am

Bub&Bob wrote:40 scares the poo out of me - Im 34.5 and whilst I still feel and act (although clearly don't look like) like a 20 year old the big four O will soon be here.......

Although, being single at 34 is just about ok - need to bag a bird in the next 2-3 years though or its grab a granny for me :x
Ha ha i agree, i keep thinking i'm in my early-mid 20's. I do feel uncomfortable in a few clubs i used to go to as i feel much older (dont go to them anymore) but overall i find our generation who started going to pubs tons are still mostly in the pubs. When i was 21 i must admit i didnt see many 'old' 35 year olds in any of the pubs we went to but now its all 35 year olds in our locals.

I would say meeting a burd now must be tricky, there may be a fit one who comes with baggage (eg kids) which i personally wouldnt like. Plus lots of the 'miss rights' are all settled down now, if you do meet someone special she has to probably be 'the one' or you'll see her for a few years, break up and you'll be late 30's and single !

I find it fascinating now hearing my mates stories who are still single but after being single on/off for most of my 20's i'm glad i settled down in my 30's

I dont try and 'act young' at all BUT i just cant get into DIY, gardening, hill walking or dinner parties like lots of my other friends who hit the mid 30's and suddenly turn into 'my dad'. I dont mind dinner parties but when its dinner parties when its only couples i think thats quite bad, plus when its like everyones discreetly showing off about their new car or their house etc, its sad.