sscott's favourite/classic/top 10/50/100 cheeses no.1: Brie

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

C=Style

Post by C=Style » Sat Jun 21, 2008 6:23 am

If you're talking cheese, it's all about the Emmental.

video-gamer-girl

Post by video-gamer-girl » Sat Jun 21, 2008 6:26 am

C=Style

Post by C=Style » Sat Jun 21, 2008 6:33 am

8)

TMR

Post by TMR » Sat Jun 21, 2008 6:41 am

i'm sorry, but if you all refuse to see the superiority of cheddar over all of these inferior cheeses i'm leaving this message board!!!

(i'll be back later... =-)

Spooky

Post by Spooky » Sat Jun 21, 2008 6:47 am

I might be French, but I don't like cheese... though if you want some real cheese, try one that's called "Maroilles"... :wink:

And to make TMR happy, I do like cheddar better than many sorts of French cheese.

(and I do like the humour in this thread...)
:lol:
Translator for Pix'n Love Publishing:
The History of Sonic (Spring 2012)
Gunpei Yokoi biography (Q2 2012)
The History of Mario (Q2 2012)

http://www.pixnlovepublishing.com

video-gamer-girl

Post by video-gamer-girl » Sat Jun 21, 2008 6:55 am

TMR wrote:i'm sorry, but if you all refuse to see the superiority of cheddar over all of these inferior cheeses i'm leaving this message board!!!

(i'll be back later... =-)
lol,

i am quite a fan of those mature farm house cheddars, great sprinkled over a nice bake potato and beans :D

driver695

Post by driver695 » Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:04 am

C=Style wrote:If you're talking cheese, it's all about the Emmental.
Or 'Elemental' as my other-half insists on calling it :lol:

RetroKingSimon

Post by RetroKingSimon » Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:27 am

I don't like cheese :shock:

The Master

Post by The Master » Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:06 am

I can quite happily live exclusively off assorted cheeses.
gleeple doople zwak-zwak snafn olg mmnnnnip

Graham Humphrey

Post by Graham Humphrey » Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:20 am

RetroKingSimon wrote:I don't like cheese :shock:
You are completely Emmental.

(Sorry - now where's my coat...?)

Sureshot

Post by Sureshot » Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:54 am

Spooky wrote:I might be French, but I don't like cheese... though if you want some real cheese, try one that's called "Maroilles"... :wink:

And to make TMR happy, I do like cheddar better than many sorts of French cheese.

I like cheese but I have to say that despite the fact there are many different cheeses here, there's hardly any deviation in taste. I do like a bit of Brie, Port Salut, Brebis and so on, but really if you try something 'different' it ends up tasting extremely similar (and sometimes a bit nasty).

Compared to the differences you have in England with Cheddars of different maturity, Cheshire, Wensleydale, Red Leicester and so on, I really haven't been able to find the same kind of diversity over here. About the only thing remotely like Cheddar on the French side is Mimolette from my experience, and to my horror although they actually do sell 'Cheddar' in my local Monoprix, it's orange, has a wax rind and is made in Scotland! Can someone tell me how exactly that is Cheddar?! At least there is some solace in that on the odd occasion they have some REAL Cheddar 'fermier' in Auchan that they actually import and tastes brilliant, but it's rare that they have any.

You could say I was in a bit of a pickle, but they don't sell it over here either :P

Spooky

Post by Spooky » Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:18 pm

Sureshot wrote:
Spooky wrote:I might be French, but I don't like cheese... though if you want some real cheese, try one that's called "Maroilles"... :wink:

I like cheese but I have to say that despite the fact there are many different cheeses here, there's hardly any deviation in taste. I do like a bit of Brie, Port Salut, Brebis and so on, but really if you try something 'different' it ends up tasting extremely similar (and sometimes a bit nasty).

Compared to the differences you have in England with Cheddars of different maturity, Cheshire, Wensleydale, Red Leicester and so on, I really haven't been able to find the same kind of diversity over here. About the only thing remotely like Cheddar on the French side is Mimolette from my experience, and to my horror although they actually do sell 'Cheddar' in my local Monoprix, it's orange, has a wax rind and is made in Scotland! Can someone tell me how exactly that is Cheddar?! At least there is some solace in that on the odd occasion they have some REAL Cheddar 'fermier' in Auchan that they actually import and tastes brilliant, but it's rare that they have any.

You could say I was in a bit of a pickle, but they don't sell it over here either :P
If you get your cheese in any shop in Paris, it's bound to have similar taste... because there is no real cheese in Paris. :lol: But that's another debate...
And by the way, "mimolette" is a Dutch cheese... :wink: Though I agree, it's the closest to cheddar, but it's still very different. I wouldn't mind having some real cheddar over here! :wink:
Translator for Pix'n Love Publishing:
The History of Sonic (Spring 2012)
Gunpei Yokoi biography (Q2 2012)
The History of Mario (Q2 2012)

http://www.pixnlovepublishing.com

sscott

Post by sscott » Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:26 pm

You never know which threads will be popular, I hope we soon overtake the screenshot thread! :)
Thank you all for your cheese related responses, where can we go from here??? :)

"What cheeses have you just bought?"
"What cheese are you currently eating?"
"The cheese comparison thread?"

Bub&Bob

Post by Bub&Bob » Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:50 pm

Thanks to the surgeon 30 years ago I don't have a problem with cheese.
The dry fart for Barry MacDermot and all the cancer patients in the Glamorgan testicle ward

bonerlaw

Post by bonerlaw » Sat Jun 21, 2008 4:14 pm

sscott wrote:You never know which threads will be popular, I hope we soon overtake the screenshot thread! :)
Thank you all for your cheese related responses, where can we go from here??? :)

"What cheeses have you just bought?"
"What cheese are you currently eating?"
"The cheese comparison thread?"
"Most unexplained place you found cheese??"

:shock: :shock: :?