Drugs - How many have you have experimented?

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Have you ever done drugs?

Yes, just once and it was a great experience
13%
Yes, just once but it was a horrible experience
3%
Yes, and I do them often
26%
No, my drug of choice is life, and I'm not that stupid!
58%

Total votes: 38

paranoid marvin

Post by paranoid marvin » Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:57 am

A drug that causes many to become overly agressive , or overly confident leading to injury to themselves or others. A drug which has wrecked lives and split families apart , and a drug which is widely advertised on tv as fun and enjoyable , and which is socially acceptable ; indeed which can often leave those that don't take it feeling excluded.

It's a wonder that alcohol is still available
Mr Flibble says...
"Game over , boys!"

mohicankid

Post by mohicankid » Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:10 am

paranoid marvin wrote:A drug that causes many to become overly agressive , or overly confident leading to injury to themselves or others. A drug which has wrecked lives and split families apart , and a drug which is widely advertised on tv as fun and enjoyable , and which is socially acceptable ; indeed which can often leave those that don't take it feeling excluded.

It's a wonder that alcohol is still available
i thought you were talking about steroids for a minuit there!
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

djcarlos

Post by djcarlos » Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:06 am

Salbutamol baby.

Every day.

Other than that, no comment.

sirclive1

Post by sirclive1 » Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:44 am

Just coffee and thats bloody decaf !

Alcholol makes me ill , dont smoke , and never touched any non prescription drugs , unless football is a drug ?
Luxor the moonprince - Doomguard Slayer

thenodfather

Post by thenodfather » Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:51 pm

I agree 100% with Paranoid Marvin.
It's very hypocritical of people to condem drugs and the say they smoke and drink. Just because one thing is legal and the other is not doesn't mkae what's legal better. All you have to do is look about the place on a night after when the places that sell alcohol are shut. People have problems talking, standing walking, there are allot of fights that happen because people are out of their heads on alcohol. It has been proven to cause people to have a lack so good judgement, so people go on and have do such things as having unprotected sex, in allot of cases with people they don't know so it can lead to unwanted/unplanned pregnancy and there is allot of times when you will awake the next morning without a clue about what you did for most of the night before.
It happens allot over here in Ireland that the Accident & Emergency Department is infested with absolute A*SEHOLES who have gotten them selves into such a state that they can't even see straight and the Accident & Emergency Department have to deal with these sh*theads who wind up unnecessarily tieing up allot of resourse that should be there for people who are actually sick and are in actual need of the resources because the became sick and not because the went out and made complete idiots of themselves.
I don't understand that when you hear, drugs mentioned in the media, alcohol isn't classed amongst them. It is a drug and a very serious and dangerous one when used irrisponsibly.

And to answer the question asked I have tried different drugs: Extasy, Speed, Hash and Weed as well as alcohol.
For the most part I enjoyed it, no serious side effects, l felt a little sick the next day, but moreso with alcohol than any of the rest.
So for all the Mr. Mackey 's reading this it's a very hypocritical argument saying that the recreational drugs such are L.S.D., Extasy, Mushrooms, Hash, Speed and Marijuana are bad when not classing alcohol amongst then. Yes I drink and get drunk but no I don't wind up getting into fights and puking on the street. It is possible to do on without the other, you just have to be somewhat smart about it and use some logic.
If standing is bcoming too much of a challenge and the guy/girl you thought was ugly an hour or so ago is starting to look good, well then it's time to say, "enough" and don't get anymore booze.
Humans Should Not Be Inflicted On Animals!!!

LeeT

Post by LeeT » Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:37 pm

I just drink (usually Vodka). Had a few joints years ago but didn't do much for me. My mates used to take various substances on nights out and tried to persuade me to partake but I just wasnt interested.

Bub&Bob

Post by Bub&Bob » Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:28 pm

I haven't tried Heron, LSD and crack.........
The dry fart for Barry MacDermot and all the cancer patients in the Glamorgan testicle ward

Shaun.Bebbington

Post by Shaun.Bebbington » Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:45 pm

Alcohol, pain-killers, caffiene, asthma and other prescriptions etc... I take it you mean illegal drugs?

My main problem was alcohol - luckily I can't afford to spend £50 per night on booze any more, but it was fun while it lasted, and certainly cheaper than being in a relationship for sure. But hey, I was in a heavy metal band and I only joined because I could drink a pint of whiskey in a night and then some. The singer's opinion was something similar to "F**K ME! You can drink some! You're in..." - those were the daze ;-)

Regards,

Shaun.
"It is far easier to apologise afterwards than to obtain permission." - Felix Dennis

rtrgrl78

Post by rtrgrl78 » Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:27 pm

felgekarp wrote:Can I ask those that have taken drugs, what prompted them to do so in the first place? Was it peer pressure, pressures from other things like work etc.
Erm not sure really, for smoking the weed the first time it was just there and offered around on other seperate occiasions, have been at a friends house and it was just like if you didn't join then some may playfully take the mick, just assumed you would. But I'd always want to join in :wink: . As for the 'Poppers' was a mate who got me into (for the first and last time), I wanted it to and never gave it a second thought otherwise she would have said you were boring and probably would've snubbed you for the rest of the night - everyone tried it that night too, if I remember correctly. Same mate tried to get me to try a line of Coke in the toilets at a club, but I felt that just wouldn't be for me. Same applies to Es and Speed - just don't fancy them. I had boyfriend who frowned upon trying various drugs 'coz he did - but they made him go a bit paranoind.

pottyboy

Post by pottyboy » Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:42 pm

Alcohol and caffeine... that's my lot. Only idiots take cannabis, ecstasy etc...

"And I've got a little TIP for you. Get the POINT?" - Guybrush Threepwood

paranoid marvin

Post by paranoid marvin » Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:45 pm

No-one mentioned chocolate?
Mr Flibble says...
"Game over , boys!"

djcarlos

Post by djcarlos » Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:49 pm

pottyboy wrote:Alcohol and caffeine... that's my lot. Only idiots take cannabis, ecstasy etc...
That's a rounded, structured argument.

thenodfather

Post by thenodfather » Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:57 pm

[/quote]I was in a heavy metal band and I only joined because I could drink a pint of whiskey in a night and then some.[quote][/quote]

Jesus, fair play to you Shaun. If I tried drinking more than a coulpe of shots it was feel like my innards are being disloved.
What was the band you were in, did ye release anything? Was it Heavy, Thrash, Death or what kind of Metal was it?

Good work on your myspace site too.
I would like to become a subscriber to your newsletter if I may?

Cheers Shaun.

The Master

Post by The Master » Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:13 pm

Probably done virtually everything that's out there (what, you're surprised?)

Bar H, and bar needles (censored that...)

Nowadays I'm pretty squeaky clean for about five years and see no reason to change that.

I wouldn't wish those experiences away for the world, though. Priceless.

PS. I do still puff the magic dragon when I get a chance. Nowhere near as often as I'd like, but this beats booze any day in my book.

thenodfather

Post by thenodfather » Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:43 pm

Alcohol and caffeine... that's my lot. Only idiots take cannabis, ecstasy etc...
The coffee must have rotted the old grey matter :lol: