Drugs - How many have you have experimented?

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Have you ever done drugs?

Yes, just once and it was a great experience
13%
Yes, just once but it was a horrible experience
3%
Yes, and I do them often
26%
No, my drug of choice is life, and I'm not that stupid!
58%

Total votes: 38

felgekarp

Post by felgekarp » Sun Mar 23, 2008 7:49 pm

mohicankid wrote:hehe sorry ive been up a while and am feeling all self rightouse

i suppose it was a bit of a snappy reply
No worries :D
Splink!

mohicankid

Post by mohicankid » Sun Mar 23, 2008 7:59 pm

i'm afraid i have been up all day feeding my habbit......cocholate :D
and playing ds....until i realised i forgot to pack the power lead! :(
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

SirClive

Post by SirClive » Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:02 pm

felgekarp wrote:Can I ask those that have taken drugs, what prompted them to do so in the first place? Was it peer pressure, pressures from other things like work etc.
Not anything about pressure (not conciously anyway). It was an escape I suppose. Glastonbury 91 is one of my best memory's and I'm sure that was because I felt completely free. Free from my home life but also free in my head. It let work, family etc fade away and left just me (so in some ways I kind of understand what C=Style said now I think about it).

An escape from the social depravation of south Manchester I suppose.

necronom

Post by necronom » Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:04 pm

Never have and never will. I only occasionally drink alcohol, and I've never smoked anything. I have a Disprin if I get a headache, that's it.

TMR

Post by TMR » Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:25 pm

i've been quite boring to be honest, i drink alcohol occasionally (on average two or three times a year in social situations), i've never smoked anything (apart from passively once at a party and from a distance) mostly because i have asthma and i recently cut back radically on my caffeine intake because i was getting a worrying number of headaches and the coffee was about the only constant in my diet at that point.

i have used poppers on a few occasions but everyone'll have to excuse me if i don't go into any detail as to circumstances. =-)

JetSetWilly

Post by JetSetWilly » Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:47 am

don't do drugs. Never have done, never will do.

Alcohol, Booze and lager......oh, and chocolate are my ones.
As for pills, coke and others...wouldn't and don't interest me.
i've seen the effects and thats one road i definitely wouldn't take.

anyway, people laugh at me when im p!ssed anyway, talking to traffic lights and hugging lamp posts........

.........but thats another story altogether :lol:
JSW's Guff Emporium! <- My bit of t'internet.
IronMaidenRule wrote:I want to be a mighty warrior that can give people Vajjazles with a swing of his mighty sword, and also replenish health with communal Merkins!....I would like to be called....Norman!

SirClive

Post by SirClive » Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:49 am

JetSetWilly wrote:people laugh at me when im p!ssed anyway, talking to traffic lights and humping lamp posts
:shock:

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:59 am

rossi46 wrote:There's one thing that really bugs me, though and that's holier-than-thou, self-righteous idiots that sit in judgement of others, yet have no experience themselves to compare with. They're not qualified to comment.
I agree with that, i find it hypocritical when people slate others for taking drugs yet theyre quite happy smoking, drinking coffee or drinking tons ! Its like that scene in Trainspotting when Begsby goes on about 'you wouldnt catch me taking any of that sh*t (drugs)" and hes sat there smoking a ton and drinking!

As my parents always smoked that actually put me off smoking as i hated the smell and not being able to breathe in the living room ! I didnt drink for a few years as i was always driving my mates but in my 20's / early 30's had a great time drinking. Did a few joints but that didnt do much for me, a bit of speed was a laugh but again its something i wouldnt really bother doing it again, line of coke but again wasnt blown away by the results.

The over the top media did put me off Ectasy though as i was paranoid in case i had a 'bad one' so thats one thing i never tried.

As i'm older i like a few drinks, still dont smoke but i cant stand seeing people who cant handle their drinks and turn into some 'Rambo' character after a few babychams. I have enough drinks now to be in a 'happy mood' rather than a 'i need to puke' mood ! As others have said i cant stand hangovers now, now i dont drink as much i'm a much more lightweight when compared to the old days i could drink tons.

James A

Post by James A » Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:17 am

I've smoked weed a couple of times but haven't touched it in years now, hell i don't even drink anymore.

Whats put me off is seeing people i used to be in school and college with destrying themselves with Heroin. I used to be of the thought if people want to do drugs then its there choice but after seeing firsthand the damage it can do im pretty anti drugs, i nearly hit one of my friends when i found out he was messing round with Cocaine.

Technomancer

Post by Technomancer » Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:41 am

James A wrote:I've smoked weed a couple of times but haven't touched it in years now, hell i don't even drink anymore.

Whats put me off is seeing people i used to be in school and college with destrying themselves with Heroin. I used to be of the thought if people want to do drugs then its there choice but after seeing firsthand the damage it can do im pretty anti drugs, i nearly hit one of my friends when i found out he was messing round with Cocaine.
Yeah, I agree. The destruction is not worth it.

pantal00ns

Post by pantal00ns » Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:08 am

Smoked weed/skunk a number of times, unoriginally most of these occasions were at university.

Enjoyed the feeling when I was just smoking without any drink involved.

Found it much better to smoke when you're happy not for use as an anti-depressant, but that just my experience. :roll:

Dont touch it now though, dont smoke anymore just drink occaisionally.

One related question:

Would you rather be in a room full of very drunk, or very stoned (Dope) strangers? Assuming you were sober in both cases.

Personally not the Drunk people having experienced both never seen anyone turn violent whilst smoking weed. Can't speak for the harder drugs though and would prefer not to experience this.

Pants

mohicankid

Post by mohicankid » Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:21 am

pantal00ns wrote:Smoked weed/skunk a number of times, unoriginally most of these occasions were at university.

Enjoyed the feeling when I was just smoking without any drink involved.

Found it much better to smoke when you're happy not for use as an anti-depressant, but that just my experience. :roll:

Dont touch it now though, dont smoke anymore just drink occaisionally.

One related question:

Would you rather be in a room full of very drunk, or very stoned (Dope) strangers? Assuming you were sober in both cases.

Personally not the Drunk people having experienced both never seen anyone turn violent whilst smoking weed. Can't speak for the harder drugs though and would prefer not to experience this.

Pants
it depends which group had the best games collection

Elgin_McQueen

Post by Elgin_McQueen » Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:27 am

Have had friends that have tried pretty much everything and therefore have been offered pretty much everything, always refused it,. Peer pressure can be a hell of a thing but when it comes to drugs i've always decided i'm not interested.

Even though last time I was in hospital they gave me some Morphine and I loved it, at least I think I did, it might just have been that I loved not being in horrible pain any longer. :?
TMR wrote: And you wonder why you're being labelled as elitist... you couldn't be any more elite if you were a wireframe.

mohicankid

Post by mohicankid » Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:32 am

never had a problem with peer presure...none of my friends were real!
hehe
and i'm from the grange hill generation...just say no kids!

pantal00ns

Post by pantal00ns » Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:07 am

mohicankid wrote:
pantal00ns wrote: One related question:

Pants
it depends which group had the best games collection

Good answer :wink: