Just sick!

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

User avatar
Elgin_McQueen
Posts: 6761
Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2006 6:08 am
Location: Elgin, Scotland

Just sick!

Post by Elgin_McQueen » Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:27 am

http://www.popgive.com/2008/03/since-wh ... th-is.html

Have checked several sites and can't find anything about it being a hoax, seems to full on to be real though.

A so called artists by the name Guillermo Habacuc Vargas with the help of 2 children, who he paid, caught a dog on the street. He tied the dog in his exhibition gallery so people could see it starve to death. He told everyone not to feed this dog. He calls himself an artist. After suffering for a few days dog died in the gallery.

The sickness doesn't stop there. In that event he was chosen to represent his country in the “Bienal Centroamericana Honduras 2008″.

There's a petition to boycott his exposition if you want to join go here www.petitiononline.com/13031953/petition.html
TMR wrote: And you wonder why you're being labelled as elitist... you couldn't be any more elite if you were a wireframe.

Image
Image

User avatar
Antiriad2097
Posts: 26912
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 2:48 pm
Location: http://s11.zetaboards.com/RetroLeague/
Contact:

Post by Antiriad2097 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:05 am

It takes more than a few days to starve to death.

I'd very much expect this to be a hoax. The general public, if not animal rights activists, would have stepped in, unless this is in some 3rd world place (no mention of country in the article) where their thoughts on animals are very different to ours.

Bit of a waste when there are so many junkie beggars around he could use instead ;)
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

User avatar
Elgin_McQueen
Posts: 6761
Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2006 6:08 am
Location: Elgin, Scotland

Post by Elgin_McQueen » Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:23 am

Everything about it screams hoax but can't find anything on the internet saying so.
TMR wrote: And you wonder why you're being labelled as elitist... you couldn't be any more elite if you were a wireframe.

Image
Image

User avatar
Antiriad2097
Posts: 26912
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 2:48 pm
Location: http://s11.zetaboards.com/RetroLeague/
Contact:

Post by Antiriad2097 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:28 am

It must be true then if the internet says so ;)
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

User avatar
rossi46
Posts: 4375
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2005 3:14 pm
Location: melrose
Contact:

Post by rossi46 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:16 am

I'd vote for tracking him down and making his life a living hell. In this day and age, that wouldn't be so difficult.
Thoughts and prayers.

User avatar
rtrgrl78
Posts: 1253
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2006 8:15 am
Location: Manchester

Post by rtrgrl78 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:27 pm

rossi46 wrote:I'd vote for tracking him down and making his life a living hell. In this day and age, that wouldn't be so difficult.
Do (gladly) like he did to that dog and we'll call it art.

User avatar
Shin_Gouki
Posts: 1462
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:11 am
Location: Shadow Moses Island, Fox Archipelago

Post by Shin_Gouki » Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:00 pm

I've always hated so-called "art," but this takes the cake.

Absolutely abhorrent if it is actually true. It's things like this that make me lose faith in the human race.
真・豪鬼

User avatar
EvilArmourKing
Posts: 2869
Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Mishima Zaibatsu HQ
Contact:

Post by EvilArmourKing » Fri Mar 21, 2008 3:53 am

Well,

If he was a dog owner himself, who let his dog sh1t all over the pavement and not clean it up after, then I'd certainly do more to him than place him in an art gallery and which him starve.

Dog owners that don't take responsibility for cleaning up after their pet are the scum of the earth.

Total tramps.

Bet there are a few members on here that allow there dogs to crap anywhere and not clean up the mess.

And while we are on the subject, anyone that harms, hurts or neglects an animail, child or woman, should be subjected to the most painfully horrific acts of torture, for a prolonged period of time.
"This rod will be your doom" - Kilik

User avatar
sscott
Posts: 13160
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:26 pm
Location: Sheffield

Post by sscott » Fri Mar 21, 2008 4:05 am

Having read the article and some of their thread posts the other question was "Why didn't anyone feed it?????"
Image

User avatar
EvilArmourKing
Posts: 2869
Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Mishima Zaibatsu HQ
Contact:

Post by EvilArmourKing » Fri Mar 21, 2008 4:07 am

sscott wrote:Having read the article and some of their thread posts the other question was "Why didn't anyone feed it?????"
Or try and release it.

I can't see any exhibition gallery would let that happen, and any loving dog owner would be able to see the poor thing suffering and do something to help it.
"This rod will be your doom" - Kilik

User avatar
Dudley
Posts: 8709
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2005 7:53 pm
Contact:

Post by Dudley » Fri Mar 21, 2008 6:21 am

EvilArmourKing wrote: Dog owners that don't take responsibility for cleaning up after their pet are the scum of the earth.

Total tramps.
Try living in the country. The dog owners, generally fine.

EVERY SINGLE SODDING HORSE OWNER THOUGH.

They let their horse dump all over the road (which is apparently legal) and don't give a toss. Not to mention near blocking entire roads by moving slowly around on them when they're not paying road tax for their 4 legged vehicles.

I wonder how they'd react if I took a shortcut down a bridleway and left oil everywhere.
Yesterzine - The Literal Magazine Show
http://yesterzine.co.uk | @Yesterzine on Twitter | yesterzineshow@gmail.com

User avatar
Elgin_McQueen
Posts: 6761
Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2006 6:08 am
Location: Elgin, Scotland

Post by Elgin_McQueen » Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:54 am

Has been confirmed as a hoax. Dog was fed and eventually let go.
TMR wrote: And you wonder why you're being labelled as elitist... you couldn't be any more elite if you were a wireframe.

Image
Image

User avatar
EvilArmourKing
Posts: 2869
Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Mishima Zaibatsu HQ
Contact:

Post by EvilArmourKing » Fri Mar 21, 2008 1:11 pm

Dudley wrote:
EvilArmourKing wrote: Dog owners that don't take responsibility for cleaning up after their pet are the scum of the earth.

Total tramps.
Try living in the country. The dog owners, generally fine.

EVERY SINGLE SODDING HORSE OWNER THOUGH.

They let their horse dump all over the road (which is apparently legal) and don't give a toss. Not to mention near blocking entire roads by moving slowly around on them when they're not paying road tax for their 4 legged vehicles.

I wonder how they'd react if I took a shortcut down a bridleway and left oil everywhere.
Ha Ha, thats funny and oh so true about the horses!

Yet, thankfully in country areas not far from myself, they tend to do it in the road.

Actualy, it would be better if owners made there dogs sh1t on the side of the road, as :

1. I NEVER see cyclists using it. They always use the pavement, which when I was younger was led to believe is against the law? Clarification someone please.

2. Is then easily "transported" to a grid once it rains. Simple and effective technique AND you get to be a lazy bugger too.
"This rod will be your doom" - Kilik

User avatar
SexyWayne
Posts: 4485
Joined: Sat May 19, 2007 10:20 pm
Location: Kidderminster, UK

Post by SexyWayne » Fri Mar 21, 2008 3:32 pm

let em cycle on the pavements, just wait till one of the dipshits hits your car, where the censored is their insurance is the next question you'll be asking them after they've dented and scratched the censored outta your motor :evil:

about the dog, i don't believe for a single minute that any sane person would see it as art, i'd love to give the guy a good shoeing

User avatar
Dudley
Posts: 8709
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2005 7:53 pm
Contact:

Post by Dudley » Fri Mar 21, 2008 3:44 pm

SexyWayne wrote:let em cycle on the pavements, just wait till one of the dipshits hits your car, where the censored is their insurance is the next question you'll be asking them after they've dented and scratched the censored outta your motor :evil:
Just wait until one of those dipshits hits your gran as she walks down the pavement.
Yesterzine - The Literal Magazine Show
http://yesterzine.co.uk | @Yesterzine on Twitter | yesterzineshow@gmail.com

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests