Pang/Buster Bros

Want to air your opinions on the latest issue of Retro Gamer? Step inside...

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

chinnyhill10

Post by chinnyhill10 » Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:52 am

ady_lister wrote: Couple of minor points: The collosion detection seems a bit strict.
T
It is abit dodgy, something the Spectrum version also suffers from. Sometimes the balls can brush you, othertimes you get zapped. Inconsistant would be the best way to describe it.

But about the only fault. I think the music thing is probably due to lack of memory. The Spectrum version is missing a fair few of the tunes so alot get repeated, but it only happens a few times on the CPC cart version.

DJevAL

Post by DJevAL » Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:19 am

Surprise surprise ... that me would come into a topic and proclaim the Amstrad version being the best ;) :P

But yea... its just a touch above the rest but having played C64/Speccy versions they're also really really good.

Although I disagree with the collision detection, I've probably played this game more than any other Amstrad game and I think they got it spot on.

My only complaint is the stairs ... you have to be right at the very very top to step off... sometimes you think you're at the top and you're not ... you try to move but too late 'splat!'. One other criticism there are a couple of levels were a tiny ball gets stuck and is impossible to hit (one of the Russian levels early on).

Other than that, amazing conversion. And great across all the platforms