Neo Geo AES

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Kaede

Post by Kaede » Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:40 am

C=Style wrote:Just mod your Xbox, get a copy of FBA-XXX Pro and a Magic Box adaptor so you can rig up a Saturn MKII pad and bob's your uncle: NEO GEO HEAVEN.
Real thing -> emulation.

C=Style

Post by C=Style » Fri Dec 21, 2007 4:15 pm

Not necessarily. I enjoy it just as much as if I had the real thing sitting in my livingroom, and in some cases it even improves upon the original hardware by overclocking games like Metal Slug etc, makes the gameplay smoother. :P

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Sat Dec 22, 2007 4:00 am

C=Style wrote:Not necessarily. I enjoy it just as much as if I had the real thing sitting in my livingroom, and in some cases it even improves upon the original hardware by overclocking games like Metal Slug etc, makes the gameplay smoother. :P
Fair play, I've never felt that with emulators though which is why I got an AES in the first place. Out of interest though on the topic of overclocking, does it solve the some what crippling slowdown in Metal Slug 2? (Only metal slug that was never smooth for me).
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

C=Style

Post by C=Style » Sat Dec 22, 2007 6:53 am

Yeah it does, it makes it play just like Metal Slug X when you o/c it 150%. Same story with Strikers 1945+, I can't handle all that crippling slowdown, but with the o/c ramped up it plays really nice.

TBH I've never owned an AES, or had one sitting in my livingroom to actually compare so the true hardware might feel better but I wouldn't know. A case of ignorance is bliss.