Football Chat

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Nitters

Post by Nitters » Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:20 pm

Sureshot wrote: I'm quite concerned about how this game has affected Carson and what kind of treatment he will receive from now on (since we're supposed to be signing him from Pool full-time).
Character building, I hope (if he's to represent his country in future). It was a big game and he was the wrong choice for the day, but now that he's lived his nightmare, hopefully he can learn from it and become a better goaly.
#define QUESTION ((bb) | !(bb)) - Shakespeare.

Sureshot

Post by Sureshot » Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:37 pm

Also, the next England manager should be Fabio Capello without contest.

4 reasons:

1/ No club at the moment
2/ Said a few years back that he would like to manage England one day
3/ Has great coaching ability
4/ Would kick some serious overpaid, underachieving players' arses.

Apparently McClown has said he's not stepping down though :roll: I hope the FA make 2 excellent decisions in his sacking and Cappello's signing.
Last edited by Sureshot on Thu Nov 22, 2007 4:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nitters

Post by Nitters » Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:42 pm

They always say that - it's so that when they get the push they receive the huge golden "so you ballsed it up, have a sh1t load of cash for your incompetence" handshake. I hope they give him a kick up the arse instead.
#define QUESTION ((bb) | !(bb)) - Shakespeare.

sleeper77

Post by sleeper77 » Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:47 pm

I very much doubt that will happen. Mclaren would not be stupid to sign a contract with England saying that if it all goes wrong they can sack him outright. No, most likely it would be termination on the basis of mutual consent which would mean they owe him for the time he has left on his contract. Seemed to work out alright for Eriksson though.

SexyWayne

Post by SexyWayne » Wed Nov 21, 2007 6:36 pm

how the f*** did fat frank get man of the match??? big pete was by far the best england player on that disgrace of a pitch.

but then again does anyone really care, roll on saturday and back to the premiership :D

wilf

Post by wilf » Thu Nov 22, 2007 2:09 am

SexyWayne wrote:how the f*** did fat frank get man of the match??? big pete was by far the best england player on that disgrace of a pitch.

but then again does anyone really care, roll on saturday and back to the premiership :D
Too right. 3 points at home to Reading will do nicely ;)

To hell with international football. It died on it's arse a looong time ago.
Although Capello is a good call. One hard b*stard. He'd sort the egos out.

Opa-Opa

Post by Opa-Opa » Thu Nov 22, 2007 2:35 am

That match was disgusting for a number of reasons.

That retard of a manager that every football fan in England remembers being complete donkey in the premership, even having supporters running on the pitch and throwing season tickets at him. He got rid of Beck's at the start of the Euro's just because he didn't like him then keeps picking rubbish players for useless formations that never work.
After the match he sulks off down the tunnel leaving his players shell shocked on the pitch and alone... Gutless piece of dog mess needs sacking right away.

Our brand new stadium was a disgrace, with royalty watching on in the box it looked like a pikey caravan park after they have dumped their rubbish and been moved on. Who ever let the yanks play a "game" that anyone in the UK with an IQ over 7 hates needs sacking as well, why the pitch wasn't relayed by the yanks after they smashed it to bits is an outrage. Once they knew the pitch was that bad the match should have been moved to Arsenals Ground, just down the road and in perfect working order.

Unbeliveable... I am so angry about this match, McClown wasn't good enough at 'boro, wasn't good enough when Sven was there and has now ruined my summer next year. I hope he dies screaming with sharp things in his head before the day is out.

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Thu Nov 22, 2007 2:57 am

Opa-Opa wrote:Who ever let the yanks play a "game" that anyone in the UK with an IQ over 7 hates needs sacking as well, why the pitch wasn't relayed by the yanks after they smashed it to bits is an outrage.
Cut crap like that out, we're all unhappy today but making out american footy fans are stupid is pathetic.

Before that game the NFL teams were talking about how bad the pitch was BEFORE the game, since day 1 the FA have been criticised at how bad the new wembley pitch has been.

Moaning at the state of the pitch isnt the reason why England are out. Sub-par performances before hand didnt help, starting a young goalie in only his second game ever for England for such a vital game was stupid.

We're all unhappy right now but to blame it on american football and their 'stupid' fans is taking the censored. A 30+ year old taking the censored out of people who like american football who is sat in their house playing old computer games, dont think we're ones to talk are we ?

As for 'dies screaming with sharp things in his head', as much as i love England and football thats just ridiculous comments like that. McClaren i never thought was going to be a great manager for England but i feel overall the players let him down. Dont mean just this game but in many of the past euro qualifiers.

Was the NFL to blame when McClaren started a young goalie in a huge pressure game like this ? Was the NFL to blame or the pitch when poor defending made Croatia score two more goals ? We clawed our way back to 2-2 and then sat back deep defending, yeah lets blame the NFL ! Plus i'm sure it was the NFL's fault for bad defeats to Russia and others. Excuses excuses.

On the tiny 'plus' side (1%) i think our national team needs a good kick up the arse. I've heard for so long how players dont seem as bothered to play for England now, we need more young talent coming through but that cant happen when theres so many foreigners in the premiership. Next summer i'll be gutted as England wont be there. Just hope they get the right man, all this 'he has to be english' i dont agree with, just want the best man for the job. IF we won a european championships (Or World cup) no one would give a monkeys if the manager was italian etc.

Opa-Opa

Post by Opa-Opa » Thu Nov 22, 2007 3:07 am

Rubbish.
The Yanks ruined our pitch, then buggered off home without even bothering to sort it out after.
The markings were still on the grass 3 weeks later and the touchline was destroyed. We had the future King of England watching on and it looked a disgrace. The NFL should have payed to repair and replace anything they destroyed.

no one in the UK wants the stupid game here, and I would put money on the fact that the game won't be played there ever again. It's for unskilled, moronic nutters that have no place at our home ground.

But.. Your right. It's not all their fault. They have no understanding of respect for our property but it was still McClowns fault and I still hope he dies before the end of the day. Childish..? maybe, but it would be a fitting payment for letting every English man down in the largest way possible. :evil:

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Thu Nov 22, 2007 3:29 am

The yanks ruined our pitch ? Believe me it wasnt great before and after. So you want to blame the NFL ? If thats the case blame whoever said yes to the game.

Theres been NFL games in the past, used to be ones in August before the Charity Shield and that didnt mess up the pitch, theres been concerts on the pitch also. The basic fact is the pitch isnt that good as it used to be, people have mentioned it from day 1.

Yeah i saw the markings , werent keen on those, again dont blame the NFL blame the person who said yes to the game. Insulting NFL fans is acting like some stupid spoilt child who is crying in the corner giving out insults.

No wants the stupid game here ? How stupid are you Opa-Opa. I dont know, we're all unhappy with the result last night but we dont resort to pathetic comments like that and talking complete censored. If no one wanted the game then the tickets wouldnt have been sold out and half a million requests wouldnt have been made. Unskilled moronic nutters ? Yeah nutters who say 'i hope McLaren dies' if their team loses ? Moronic nutters who get banned from Europe, get arrested and give our country a bad name ? Yeah theyre so moronic. censored.

Last night was bad but i dont blame the pitch, starting a young goalie was stupid, getting back to 2-2 then getting conservative didnt help but most of all poor results previously didnt help. But blaming the pitch etc, thats stupid.

You are embarassing yourself with these comments and the whole 'hope McLaren dies' is very poor. I'm gutted today, many others are, wanting some guy to die because of this just shows why a fair few people think english footy fans are idiots, because of twats like yourself.

SirClive

Post by SirClive » Thu Nov 22, 2007 3:33 am

Without getting into the NFL debate, I have one point I would like to make Opa. I don't give a f*** if the future king of england was there. He is no more important than I am am probably loves football a hell of a lot less. Plus his ticket will have been free.

McClaren though is a gutless piece of censored. I was so angry when I saw him skulk off down the tunnel leaving the players out there. We need a touchline manager, not one who will keep the bench warm. He was the worst possible appointment and we have all been proved right in that assessment.

sonic91

Post by sonic91 » Thu Nov 22, 2007 3:38 am

sleeper77 wrote:England aren't as good as they think they are.
Sums it up completely. Who'll be the scapegoat this time?
Fight the good fight of faith,
Lay hold on Eternal life.

-1 Timothy 6:12-

SirClive

Post by SirClive » Thu Nov 22, 2007 3:47 am

What a load of censored. Individually we have some of the best players in the world. When they play together at club level (lampard/terry/cole, gerrard/crouch etc.) they are fantastic.

England are as good as they think they are. They just need a manager with a backbone.

Who will be the scapegoat? The question should be who is to blame and unfortunately it cannot be McLaren on his own. There is something deeper wrong at the FA and heads should roll higher up than the hopeless manager. The guys who gave him the job should go too.

Wildnites

Post by Wildnites » Thu Nov 22, 2007 3:49 am

:x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

That's all I have to say.......
Please Sir I cannot tell a lie......

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Thu Nov 22, 2007 3:49 am

I would blame more the decision to start young Carson. Surely putting a new young goalie in would have been a good decision once we qualified or have some friendlies. To start him in that pressure cooker of a game was stupid. After his early gaffe i was happy when it was 2-2 as he helped pull off a great save which might have saved us.

But the defending was very poor, late in the game Bridge nearly cost us the game with poor play.

We should have never been in this position as at the end of the day poor results against earlier teams cost us dearly. I'm surprised how good Croatia were, i know they won their group but i thought often teams who are through arent as bothered by a meaningless game (to them) and would start younger players but Croatia played superbly.

On paper we have a great side but we so badly need someone to 'direct the ship' as under McClaren even before last night things didnt seem good. Having huge stupid contracts to managers when that money could be spent on the grass roots level is a joke. I mean didnt Sven get about 15 mill when he got sacked ? McLaren isnt stupid, he obviously isnt going to quit as he wont get any money, get the boot and agree to a large pay off.

Again i didnt want England to lose AT ALL but i think this big shakeup might do us good in the long run. I still dont want McClaren to 'die' at all, just thought he was the wrong man and wasnt going to last long and i'm glad hes gone (any second now)