Cracking deal on Amazon.co.uk for PS3 gamers.

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Grahame

Cracking deal on Amazon.co.uk for PS3 gamers.

Post by Grahame » Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:29 pm

Got a message off my mate there and he said Amazon have got Lair and Folklore (Released in October) for preorder at the price of £14.95 each!

Considering Play.com have them at £39.99 I preordered both.

Did it at 3.30pm today so dunno if they're still the same price. Thought someone might be interested. :D
I'd buy that for a dollar!

junkmale

Post by junkmale » Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:44 pm

Thanks for the 'heads up'.

They are both still there. Pre Ordered about 5 minutes ago!

MikeHaggar

Post by MikeHaggar » Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:46 pm

Several people has contacted Amazon and they say that the prices are correct, and that they'll honour the prices given at the time of placing the order.

Maybe one should mail Amazon if one orders, so one got something to show that says that the price is correct and that they'll honour it in case they change the price or say that it's an error.

junkmale

Post by junkmale » Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:00 pm

They also have Final Fantasy 12 for the PS2 on sale at the mo at £15.95.

I've emailed them about the PS3 games prices. Should be interesting to see what they have to say?

pottyboy

Post by pottyboy » Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:55 pm

I hope Lair is a good game. I haven't got a PS3 but I've seen some screenshots of the game and it looks superb, especially as I'm a huge dragon fan!

"And I've got a little TIP for you. Get the POINT?" - Guybrush Threepwood

revgiblet

Post by revgiblet » Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:34 pm

pottyboy wrote:I hope Lair is a good game. I haven't got a PS3 but I've seen some screenshots of the game and it looks superb, especially as I'm a huge dragon fan!
Do you mean that you are a fan of huge dragons or that you just really, really like dragons? Or maybe you mean that you are a dragon fan who is packing a few pounds?
"He who lives only to benefit himself confers on the world a benefit when he dies."

Tertullian

pantal00ns

Post by pantal00ns » Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:42 am

revgiblet wrote:
pottyboy wrote:I hope Lair is a good game. I haven't got a PS3 but I've seen some screenshots of the game and it looks superb, especially as I'm a huge dragon fan!
Do you mean that you are a fan of huge dragons or that you just really, really like dragons? Or maybe you mean that you are a dragon fan who is packing a few pounds?
Or be a Large Dragon who can spin at high revolution to keep himself and others cool.

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Tue Aug 28, 2007 3:43 am

pantal00ns wrote:
revgiblet wrote:
Or be a Large Dragon who can spin at high revolution to keep himself and others cool.
Or perhaps someone who enjoys oversized Welsh 8-bit computers?
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

Grahame

Post by Grahame » Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:49 am

MikeHaggar wrote:Several people has contacted Amazon and they say that the prices are correct, and that they'll honour the prices given at the time of placing the order.

Maybe one should mail Amazon if one orders, so one got something to show that says that the price is correct and that they'll honour it in case they change the price or say that it's an error.
Upon preordering a confirmation email is sent confirming price, payment method and shipping address, so the price will be honoured upon release of each game in October. I'd advise to just keep a hold of that email to avoid any problems!

Had a wee look today and unfortunately both games are now £34.95 so anyone who didn't preorder yesterday has missed out. :cry:
I'd buy that for a dollar!

junkmale

Post by junkmale » Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:29 pm

Knew it couldn't last!

Just got an email from Amazon saying that the price was a mistake and that my order for both games had been cancelled.

Oh well.......

Elgin_McQueen

Post by Elgin_McQueen » Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:51 pm

junkmale wrote:Knew it couldn't last!

Just got an email from Amazon saying that the price was a mistake and that my order for both games had been cancelled.

Oh well.......
Couldn't 'borrow' a confirmation email from someone else?? :?
TMR wrote: And you wonder why you're being labelled as elitist... you couldn't be any more elite if you were a wireframe.

junkmale

Post by junkmale » Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:57 pm

Oh i have a conformation email.

According to Amazon, under sub section blah of sub section blah de blah... of the rules and regs they are permitted to cancel orders when they have made a pricing mistake?

So endeth the lesson.... 'If it seems too good to be true..it probably is'

Elgin_McQueen

Post by Elgin_McQueen » Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:02 pm

junkmale wrote:Oh i have a conformation email.

According to Amazon, under sub section blah of sub section blah de blah... of the rules and regs they are permitted to cancel orders when they have made a pricing mistake?

So endeth the lesson.... 'If it seems too good to be true..it probably is'

Still better than play.com I guess, i had a couple of orders sat there for over a couple of years, they came intoin stock and i'm confident it's all beacuse they're at a much higher price that they were never sent to me. :(
TMR wrote: And you wonder why you're being labelled as elitist... you couldn't be any more elite if you were a wireframe.

Dudley

Post by Dudley » Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:18 am

Legally, they haven't accepted the order till they debit your card fwiw.
Yesterzine - The Literal Magazine Show
http://yesterzine.co.uk | @Yesterzine on Twitter | yesterzineshow@gmail.com