Bad Gaming Habits

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

James Bond

Bad Gaming Habits

Post by James Bond » Sun Jul 22, 2007 8:53 am

I'm ashamed to say, everytime I start a game I scroll to the options menu and stick it on Easy :oops: I've tried to get out of the habit lately, something I had been doing since I was nipper.

I'm doing pretty good on FIGHT NIGHT ROUND 3 on the 360, playing on Medium :lol:

Anyone got any bad habits? throwing the controller at the wall for example?
My HD DVD/Blu Ray Collection:

http://romeos.dvdaf.com/owned

felgekarp

Post by felgekarp » Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:21 am

Cracking/stretching my neck. I do it every now and again when I'm away from my computer/consoles but I do it all the time when I'm at them.
Splink!

pipoldchap

Post by pipoldchap » Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:59 am

Swearing. Loudly. It's been so heavily ingrained in me that I develop tourettes when things aren't going so well. :oops:
I WISH I was an Oscar Meyer Weiner...

StickHead

Post by StickHead » Sun Jul 22, 2007 10:19 am

Sitting in a hunchback inducing slouch position. After marathon games sessions I get up and feel like an old man. I need to get one of those posture correction chairs.

TMR

Post by TMR » Sun Jul 22, 2007 10:20 am

Just getting obsessed by some games and playing them far too much possibly...? Can't think of anything else to be honest, i do swear but only quietly and usually in German so the kids don't know what i'm saying (i only know about four words in German, i pronounce them all phonetically and they're all rude!) and i always play on the default mode, usually without using continues unless after about ten games i'm getting absolutely nowhere.

SirClive

Post by SirClive » Sun Jul 22, 2007 10:22 am

Sitting on my feet whilst playing.
Leaning with the car/ship/character as it moves.
Playing on easy level.

Freshmetal

Post by Freshmetal » Sun Jul 22, 2007 10:25 am

I have a terrible habit of starting too many games at any one time. I've got countless games saved a few hours in, which I could easily have finished if I hadn't moved on to something else. I've got out of doing this a bit lately, but it's a really tough habit to break.

felgekarp

Post by felgekarp » Sun Jul 22, 2007 11:37 am

SirClive wrote: Leaning with the car/ship/character as it moves.
I thought everybody grew out of that after a while :D
Splink!

forestville

Post by forestville » Sun Jul 22, 2007 11:47 am

cheating on games since I was a kid, downloading saves for gta: san andreas so that I can explore the whole game area without going through all the missions, using the datal action replay max for top cheats on most games (can't wait for one to come out on the ps3)

swearing at the games

8) :D
Press play on tape

MikeHaggar

Post by MikeHaggar » Sun Jul 22, 2007 11:49 am

forestville wrote:using the datal action replay max for top cheats on most games (can't wait for one to come out on the ps3)
Right. I'd give that .1% chance of happening.

Dudley

Re: Bad Gaming Habits

Post by Dudley » Sun Jul 22, 2007 12:00 pm

James Bond wrote:I'm ashamed to say, everytime I start a game I scroll to the options menu and stick it on Easy :oops: I've tried to get out of the habit lately, something I had been doing since I was nipper.

I'm doing pretty good on FIGHT NIGHT ROUND 3 on the 360, playing on Medium :lol:

I don't call this a bad habit, I'm bad at games, very bad at anything that isn't a driving game. If I didn't do this I'd never see more than a couple of levels of anything.
Yesterzine - The Literal Magazine Show
http://yesterzine.co.uk | @Yesterzine on Twitter | yesterzineshow@gmail.com

woody.cool

Post by woody.cool » Sun Jul 22, 2007 12:06 pm

pipoldchap wrote:Swearing. Loudly. It's been so heavily ingrained in me that I develop tourettes when things aren't going so well. :oops:
I'm exactly the same - but in one rather embarrising moment of madness, I threw my PS2 pad out of the window in a fit of rage :oops: - it landed on a building site across the road. Damn! I'm a good thrower :lol:

Spector

Post by Spector » Sun Jul 22, 2007 12:42 pm

Swearing definitely is a big problem for me in games, especially shoot-em-ups. A game like 1942 tends to bring it on, and my favourite phrase is "for f**** sake!"

pipoldchap

Post by pipoldchap » Sun Jul 22, 2007 2:04 pm

Retro conventions should be a giggle then... Lots of seemingly mild mannered chaps by day and by night swearing like navvies and throwing controllers.
I WISH I was an Oscar Meyer Weiner...

SirClive

Re: Bad Gaming Habits

Post by SirClive » Sun Jul 22, 2007 2:47 pm

Dudley wrote:
James Bond wrote:I'm ashamed to say, everytime I start a game I scroll to the options menu and stick it on Easy :oops: I've tried to get out of the habit lately, something I had been doing since I was nipper.

I don't call this a bad habit, I'm bad at games, very bad at anything that isn't a driving game. If I didn't do this I'd never see more than a couple of levels of anything.
Just because you like something doesn't mean you will be good at it. My xbox live account proves that :(