Coronavirus

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

ulrich7ad

Re: Coronavirus

Post by ulrich7ad » Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:30 pm

First positive test in our store. Surprised it's taken so long but we are having big spike here. The colleague has also requested his identity kept secret so that's going down well.

Oh and head office have decided against a deep clean.

oldtimer

Post by oldtimer » Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:03 pm

I use a face visor, miles better and my glasses dont steam up, in fact i forget i have it on sometimes.
ATARI....There can be only one !!!!!!!

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:04 pm

https://worldofbuzz.com/this-mask-is-ge ... s-in-them/

There is stupid people on both sides of the mask argument

Sega2006

Post by Sega2006 » Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:49 pm

I get it almost daily on my FB feed usually following Vaccines are bad an will give you Autisim, it's quite sad in a way as usually it's not the people causing the issues that pay for it.
Easiest way to tell if a face mask is good enough is blow through it, if you can feel it across your hand similar to how you feel it without then the Mask isnt effective and wether people think its right or like it or not it's the law to wear one now unless medically exempt.
Watching you sleep since 1990

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:23 pm

People can have the most effective mask in the world, but then they pull it below there nose.

The world is full of idiot's (and the UK is ran by them)
Closing the pubs in "The North" everybody with a clue said it was a bad idea to open them in the first smegging place, just in the name of "Kick starting the economy" said whilst he sends another few million to his mates for "PPE"

Im gonna go feckin mental(er) if this s**t goes on for a few more months, dont mind wearing a mask and that but its the total lack of anything I have to do.
Bloody afraid to get a new job encase of another lockdown and having to do all the formal s**t again

R8 MY MASK!!

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Sat Oct 31, 2020 3:11 pm

DPrinny wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:23 pm
Bloody afraid to get a new job encase of another lockdown and having to do all the formal s**t again
Well that was a thing
Another lockdown till December 2nd

Sega2006

Post by Sega2006 » Sat Oct 31, 2020 3:46 pm

Business as usual my end, sit on backside and stare into the abyss as nothing can be now done again to progress anything.
House no longer has a landline so need to sort mobile numbers for the elderly residents so they can call for help should they need it.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Sat Oct 31, 2020 4:44 pm

Sega2006 wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 3:46 pm
Business as usual my end, sit on backside and stare into the abyss as nothing can be now done again to progress anything.
House no longer has a landline so need to sort mobile numbers for the elderly residents so they can call for help should they need it.
I already had a "Fun" phonecall from the job centre the other week when Manchester went into a kinda lockdown
The announcement came mid call and the lass on the over end just said "Oh never mind, be pointless to look for a job now".

Its feckin great not having a purpose to get out of bed every day

Matt_B

Post by Matt_B » Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:07 pm

On the plus side, Australia is now back to new cases in single figures, and they're mostly people picked up in quarantine with only the occasional breakout from there.

The virus can be contained if all the scientifically effective procedures are followed through.

Sega2006

Post by Sega2006 » Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:09 pm

Oh I'm not under JSA, I'm not under anything as despite being considered a danger to myself if left on my own, taking strong opiates and pretty much housebound, I am not entitled to anything whatsoever, all I've got is the ebay stuff with the extended dispatch time to account for my health and thats it.
Still suffering from collapsing the otherday and my right hand punching into the Sofa on the way to the floor, might've stopped me hitting my head but the sprain does not want to bugger off.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:18 pm

Matt_B wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:07 pm
On the plus side, Australia is now back to new cases in single figures, and they're mostly people picked up in quarantine with only the occasional breakout from there.

The virus can be contained if all the scientifically effective procedures are followed through.
Yeah but Barbra down the hairdressers said that masks dont work and are the government's way of controlling what we say and that the virus was made by Bill Gates 5g towers. #NOVAC!!11
SICNCE IS WRONG!!!!!!!11111

Seriously, I know I aint the smartest bloke around but they are making me seem like Stephen Hawking after he has become one with Wikipedia.

ulrich7ad

Post by ulrich7ad » Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:46 am

Just when cases were flattening, or at least heading that wayn, in the north east we back into kinda full lockdown. Marvelous. Glad the kids are going to school though. Poor little gits need it.

merman

Post by merman » Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:47 pm

Should have followed the scientific advice for a two-week lockdown at the end of September, now the lockdown has to be longer - and will probably have to go beyond December 2nd if the R rate is still too high...
merman1974 on Steam, Xbox Live, Twitter and YouTube

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:52 pm

merman wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:47 pm
Should have followed the scientific advice for a two-week lockdown at the end of September, now the lockdown has to be longer - and will probably have to go beyond December 2nd if the R rate is still too high...
People not following advice has been a thing since this whole mess started.
It also would of helped if the guy running things would of showed up at meetings then listened to advice rather than constantly buggering off on holiday or to one of his many government funded mansions.

learnedrobb

Post by learnedrobb » Sun Nov 01, 2020 3:00 pm

Part of the problem is that everything from the Government was couched as "guidelines" and "advice". They purposefully avoided using words such as "mandatory", "Compulsory", and "legal requirement". This lead many to incorrectly assume that they didn't have to comply (and still don't).

In other news, there are 8 staff members out of 50 in self isolation at my workplace. Management haven't said a word to the rest of us about it. And today was chaos. Way busier than usual, and lots of moaning going on when we had to keep stopping letting people in due to hitting capacity.
NES/N64/GC/Wii/WiiU/SMD/SS/DC/PS1/PS2/PS3/PS4/Xbox/360/OneS/PSP/3DS/PSV
PSN: learnedrobb