What are you currently playing?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Sel Feena

Re: What are you currently playing?

Post by Sel Feena » Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:33 am

Harada and Michael Murray talked about this a little bit during their S4 stream for Tekken, basic gist being that perfect balance is boring and instead they want to try to focus on making each character feel strong in different ways. As long as they do something about the obvious recent power creep with the new chars and moves I’ll be happy

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:47 am

Urgh Tekken, even that is boring to watch, slightly more interesting but still
A lot of these modern fighting games all feel like crap
I enjoy watching older stuff more as its less flashy stuff, explosions and cutscene supers
Dont get me started on "Anime fighters" like Guilty gear/Melty blood/Dragonball memorise a long string of button presses to win

Still
Sega are doing a thing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPm8qZJ ... annel=SEGA
That gingle gave me a tingle

srj672

Post by srj672 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:57 am

Not Tonight

very on the nose about the direction the UK could be taking in our post Brexit era. The gameplay is yer standard Papers, Please imitator, but I loved that too

Sega2006

Post by Sega2006 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:41 pm

Bunged Sega GT in as Laptop sort of likes it, just has some sound Glitches but given younger stuff wont run on 10 at all I'm not that bothered.
Managed all but 2 of the License tests to get the Race cars, The E license Daihatsu on Snowy mountain as you have to get it pin point perfect to get the time despite being on of the first things you drive and the Clio V6 as it handles like a greased turd, I've managed them before so not impossible.
Watching you sleep since 1990

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:03 pm

Zero Tolerence on Mega Drive
Its still good, despite its flaws (Its like Wolfenstein rather than DOOM).
The radar at the bottom is really needed as enemies can be heard before they are seen, I wish it had a sprint button and that it used the six button controllers other buttons for thing select.

SpecChum81
Location: London, a small village on Mars, just outside the capital city, Wubble!!

Post by SpecChum81 » Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:37 pm

SPECCY SATURDAY
Target Renegade
Play It Again, Sam
APB
Shadow Of The Beast
Dynamite Dan

:D :D
Press Play On Tape

SpecChum81
Location: London, a small village on Mars, just outside the capital city, Wubble!!

Post by SpecChum81 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:07 pm

MEGA DRIVE MONDAY
ToeJam & Earl In Panic On Funkotron
Flicky
Streets Of Rage
Alien 3
Scooby-Doo Mystery

8) :D
Press Play On Tape

srj672

Post by srj672 » Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:16 am

Super Mario 35 - thought it would be a novelty, but I actually really like it. The enemy heavy levels can get really hectic and fun.

Duke Nukem 3D - in some case it's aged badly, but it's still as fun as ever. The level designs were immense for the time and much better than Doom in some cases.

Sel Feena

Post by Sel Feena » Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:23 am

SpecChum81 wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:07 pm
MEGA DRIVE MONDAY
Alien 3
Shocking how much more fun the MD version is compared to what the SNES got imho

More Genshin Impact for me, unlocked the co op so ran some domains with randos. I was expecting some hitches seeing as it’s crossplay with phones and PC but it actually felt pretty smooth

Banging my head against Spelunky 2 but in a good way, feels so great when RNGesus blesses you and you get good shops and items

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:39 am

Sel Feena wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:23 am

More Genshin Impact for me, unlocked the co op so ran some domains with randos. I was expecting some hitches seeing as it’s crossplay with phones and PC but it actually felt pretty smooth
Same, is co-op a major thing later on? really cant be bothered doing online stuff

Sel Feena

Post by Sel Feena » Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:05 pm

Nah, not really. If you want to mess around and run domains for mats there may be an advantage. There always seemed to be at least one massively overpowered whale in every group I joined, lol

Seriously, though, this game has massively satisfied my BotW itch without the weapon degradation bs. Finding synergies between your characters to get combos going is really fun

SpecChum81

Post by SpecChum81 » Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:27 pm

SPECCY SATURDAY
Last Ninja 2: Back With A Vengeance
SuperTed: The Search For Spot
Asterix & The Magic Cauldron
Total Recall
Head Over Heels

:D 8)
Press Play On Tape

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:30 pm

Sel Feena wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:05 pm
Nah, not really. If you want to mess around and run domains for mats there may be an advantage. There always seemed to be at least one massively overpowered whale in every group I joined, lol

Seriously, though, this game has massively satisfied my BotW itch without the weapon degradation bs. Finding synergies between your characters to get combos going is really fun
Bums of the Waifu's.....................
It seems like on PS4 online gubbins is free.

Trying to unlock more charters without actually having to pay seems like a bit of a prig. I need more bow types
It is also not miles of nothing, thats one thing that bugs me about a lot of open world games, traveling to new places or old isnt a prig, a fair bit of climbing.
Did seem to get an enemy that seems a bit over powered for me to tackle (The wolf thing and a flower, both ice types).

Ive had to stop my self from playing it as its a bit of a time sync

MadeManG74

Post by MadeManG74 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:02 pm

DPrinny wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:47 am
I enjoy watching older stuff more as its less flashy stuff, explosions and cutscene supers
Dont get me started on "Anime fighters" like Guilty gear/Melty blood/Dragonball memorise a long string of button presses to win

Still
Sega are doing a thing
Super excited to find out what this is. Been playing Final Showdown since it released on consoles, still have regular offline meetups with friends now.
I'm hoping whatever this is, it includes a port of Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown to modern hardware!

Either way, I've been playing a lot of Legend of Oasis/Story of Thor 2 on Sega Saturn lately. Loved the Mega Drive game and I'm really enjoying the sequel. The graphics are beautiful! I feel like the puzzles are a little tougher in this one, but the game also feels a lot larger usually without being overwhelming. The Forest level did get me lost a couple of times, but I'm back on track now.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:24 am

MadeManG74 wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:02 pm
DPrinny wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:47 am

Still
Sega are doing a thing
Super excited to find out what this is. Been playing Final Showdown since it released on consoles, still have regular offline meetups with friends now.
I'm hoping whatever this is, it includes a port of Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown to modern hardware!
From what ive heard it has a decent community that want more people to join in.
Its also a great game to watch as unlike a lot of fighting games its not a cluster fudge of sparks and bs