What Films/TV Have you Watched Recently?

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

DPrinny

Re: What Films/TV Have you Watched Recently?

Post by DPrinny » Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:26 pm

Bill and Ted 3.
It was
Ok

MattySlug

Post by MattySlug » Sun Aug 30, 2020 5:24 am

We Watched a Season 7 Episode o' Always Sunny in Philadelphia the other night!
:cry: I always uncheck the add signature button, looks like this time I have forgotten!!! :D

ulrich7ad

Post by ulrich7ad » Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:58 am

Both kingsman films over the weekend. Really enjoyed these, the first being slightly better. Hope they do a third.

The emoji movie with the bairns. Given the reviews I was expecting something far, far worse. Still not great but not 'one of the worst movies ever' that often said of it. The kids were entertained. That's good enough.

MattySlug

Post by MattySlug » Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:26 am

MattySlug in the 20/21 Footy season topic wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:48 pm
I would love to get the Aussie Footy Streaming Service to watch Bundesliga & The EFL Championship but to do so I would either need to plug in the laptop to the TV or get a dongle thingy which yeah I really should.
I just want Kayo (The Streaming Service) to get an app for either the PS3 or XBOX One. :cry:
My AFL Aussie Rules Club was on tonight so I've signed up and have got the live game on now!
3rd Quarter has just begun!

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:10 am

Watched that Get Dorked or whatever it was called on Amazon Prime. Empire gave it 4/5 stars and i normally trust them. Found it very boring, not funny and i think i realised my age as i presume kids might fine it funny. Shame, thought the trailer was alright

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:01 pm

Decided to start catching up with One Piece.
Im on episode 700, the last one to air is 900.
I kinda stopped watching it due to at times it can get a bit hard to follow having loads of different storylines going on at once and it flicking between them a load
Im not putting off watching the last series of Babylon 5...................

Matt_B

Post by Matt_B » Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:19 pm

That's a lot of episodes.

I'd think that when any series crosses the 100 mark its genre automatically becomes soap opera.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:43 pm

Matt_B wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:19 pm
That's a lot of episodes.

I'd think that when any series crosses the 100 mark its genre automatically becomes soap opera.
Thats most action type anime, usually they are 13/26 episodes to go with the seasons and then get a follow up if they prove popular
Its a weird one, a lot of anime have what they call "Filler" (Story arcs that go nowhere and are just to pad weeks out, mostly they are awful, its kinda why Dragonball had a lot of charging up) this has very little and for the most part they can be called "Fun"
It keeps adding new characters every story arc and every named villain has a backstory, even if for the most part, the good guys win other stuff happens.
Dont think the guy doing the Manga will ever finish it.
And I wish hed stop drawing all adult females like partially deflated sexdolls.............

Also, there is feck all new stuff I want to watch

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:27 am

Gonna finally start watching Fear of the Walking Dead

I know people are going to say its good the Walking Dead is ending as its been rubbish for the last few seasons etc etc - think its been alright. Always starts off well and ends a season well but a fair bit of padding in the middle. I was stunned the comic book ended so i knew this would end at some point. Anyway got Fear to watch and also there'll be numerous spin offs for sure.

Overall its been a great series, turned too much into a soap opera at one stage but i suppose theres only so many ways of kililng zombies you can keep showing. First season was superb

jdanddiet

Post by jdanddiet » Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:24 am

psj3809 wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:27 am
Gonna finally start watching Fear of the Walking Dead

I know people are going to say its good the Walking Dead is ending as its been rubbish for the last few seasons etc etc - think its been alright. Always starts off well and ends a season well but a fair bit of padding in the middle. I was stunned the comic book ended so i knew this would end at some point. Anyway got Fear to watch and also there'll be numerous spin offs for sure.

Overall its been a great series, turned too much into a soap opera at one stage but i suppose theres only so many ways of kililng zombies you can keep showing. First season was superb
I started watching that when the latest season of TWD got put on hold. I've watched the first 2 seasons so far and it's ok. Like twd, first season setup is best
For retro news, full articles, retrospectives and a gallery of my work check out http://wizwords.net/
Wizwords on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Wizwords
and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/wizwords

RetroAerosmith

Post by RetroAerosmith » Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:09 pm

I found the first season of Fear the walking dead a real chore. its not as instant as The walking dead and i haven't found any likeable characters. I am half way through the 3rd i think and it picks up a bit, but nothing massive. I hear it gets better series 4 on, but id have bailed by now if i had watched it and waited each series end.
The original walking dead had peaks and troughs, it redeemed itself with the whisperers. I nearly bailed on the arc of All out war coz it was the exact opposite.

Im currently on series 2 of Cobra Kai, which I'm enjoying in a cheesy way. I would like to warn 80s actors of the dangers of plastic surgery though.

merman

Post by merman » Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:48 pm

Belgravia (ITV) - adapted from the Julian Fellowes novel, this was a great period drama with a very clever twist at the end. Excellent cast too.
merman1974 on Steam, Xbox Live, Twitter and YouTube

pratty

Post by pratty » Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:47 am

Paradox. Was pretty decent, like Taken set in Thailand, with action from Sammo Hung and a cameo from Tony Jaa.
Pratty's trade list, updated (May 2019)!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=54823

ulrich7ad

Post by ulrich7ad » Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:37 pm

Happy Gilmore- I enjoy most of Sandlers films and this was no exception.
More Lower decks. Really enjoying this now. Already prefer this to Picard.

MattySlug

Post by MattySlug » Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:55 am

Watching the end of the Aussie Rules Live game tonight, Collingwood Magpies Vs. Gold Coast Suns.

Ah I just realised Mediawatch is on soon as it's Monday Night!!!
So I will watch that too in 20 minutes :D