Tracking lateness

Want to air your opinions on the latest issue of Retro Gamer? Step inside...

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Martin K

Re: Tracking lateness

Post by Martin K » Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:25 pm

It just impossible what is going on with Future Publishing :(
I bought Retro Gamer single issue 207 (print) on 08.06.2020 on their website with shippment to Poland. Today after 6 weeks i still dont have this magazine, also nobody respond to my emails. I wrote 4 times to them with question what is status of my order or did they sent it? And NOTHING, just silent form their side. Nobody respond to me. They just took my money and do nothing with my order.
Jesus, I am so mad about them. Future Publishing SUCKS!!!

Rory Milne

Post by Rory Milne » Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:10 am

Martin K wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:25 pm
I bought Retro Gamer single issue 207 (print) on 08.06.2020 on their website with shippment to Poland. Today after 6 weeks i still dont have this magazine, also nobody respond to my emails. I wrote 4 times to them with question what is status of my order or did they sent it? And NOTHING, just silent form their side. Nobody respond to me. They just took my money and do nothing with my order.
Sorry to hear that your mag hasn't arrived. It might be worth tweeting Future's subscription department at https://twitter.com/myfavemags

Best of luck. :)

kiwimike

Post by kiwimike » Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:10 pm

Martin K wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:25 pm
Yes, I do agree, they are incredibly frustrating to get responses out of, very poor at returning contact- Adding this edited note- It is now Thursday, they sent me a 'receipt of email received' last Saturday and a reference number. Have heard nothing, and really don't expect to tbh, not that it matters in this specific case now, more to bring to their attention if you send a customer a voucher to use- make sure it works or the customer cannot spend, defeating the purpose!!! But there have been instances in the past where you have to contact them multiple times before you get a human and not automated reply.

....And Issue #208 is MIA, so will keep track of how long that takes- although in this case it is hard to know what is Future, and what is Covid/Post problems.

flugle

Post by flugle » Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:01 am

In Australia, the last issue I've still seen is 205. On May 15, I was emailed that 206 and 207 would be held until its safe to send.
One June 30, I got told 209 was dispatched on July 2. No sign yet, but thats no surprise

Apparently 208 doesn't exist and has never been mentioned.

I still get spammed to sub to more magazines, Future really is the worst.

rinzwind

Post by rinzwind » Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:51 am

Surprise surprise. Latest issue 209 arrived today in Chiang Mai, TH. Last one I received before was 205. The rest? IDK.

kdc2987

Post by kdc2987 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:38 am

Subscribed to RG, living in the Netherlands. Never received 206 or 207. Decided to cut Future some slack due to the circumstances, but here we are in July and while shipments resumed with issue 208, the other issues are nowhere to be seen. Except for an email in May that they're "storing" issues 206 and 207 there have been no updates.

I have reached out to Future and will report an update here when I have it. (They do manage to charge my credit card every 3 months without problems though, so there's that).
Last edited by kdc2987 on Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Weblaus

Post by Weblaus » Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:27 am

rinzwind wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:51 am
Surprise surprise. Latest issue 209 arrived today in Chiang Mai, TH. Last one I received before was 205. The rest? IDK.
208 took a little bit more than 4 weeks to make its way from the UK to Germany for me, and last I heard some fellow subscribers here were still waiting (while others had it almost 2 weeks before me).

And of course my subscription copy of 209 is nowhere to be seen yet (the single issue order maed it in under a week).

It's really amazing in a bad way how a company apparently can manage to get issues around have the world to Thailand in a reasonable timeframe but at the same time is completely incapable (or unwilling) to set up a decent delivery service for countries right next to theirs.

Boulder

Post by Boulder » Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:52 am

Things seem to be normalizing what comes to delivery to Finland. I got issue 209 earlier this week so the last two issues have been in the normal delivery timeframe.

kiwimike

Post by kiwimike » Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:19 pm

I am just seeing how long 208 will take, just keeping tabs on it. You get a fair idea of how long things take to arrive when you do a lot of online shopping, and this one is a bit AWOL.

I have received a reply from future about my enquiry from the previous week, one week later to the day. In which they asked me send the original email they sent to me. Considering it was a week ago and a promotion for a 24 hour sale, I didn't bother keeping it as soon as the weekend was over, as the horse had then bolted. So I just replied and said it's not life or death, but pays if you send a specific email promotion to someone, it pays to ensure it will work, otherwise it isn't of benefit to either party

maibock

Post by maibock » Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:35 pm

Honestly wtf? Future is clearly taking advatage of the situation.. is it so hard to respond to an email remotely?

No. No it isn't.

I'm cancelling my subsription and requesting a full refund. This isn't right.

kdc2987

Post by kdc2987 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:46 am

Update: Got an email back from Future customer support yesterday that the held issues (206, 207) will be sent out in "the next couple of days". Then, a couple of hours later I got an email from the mailing list stating the same thing more or less:
"We are getting in touch to inform you that we have begun to dispatch all stored back issues of Retro Gamer to subscribers who have not yet received them due to Covid-19.

Stored magazines are now being safely shipped in batches. We anticipate that these issues will arrive throughout August. You may not receive all issues at the same time.

Depending on which issues you are entitled to, expect to receive some or all of the following issues over the next few weeks"
I am cautiously optimistic now and believe I'll get my missing issues soon.

kiwimike

Post by kiwimike » Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:54 pm

kdc2987 wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:46 am
Update: Got an email back from Future customer support yesterday that the held issues (206, 207) will be sent out in "the next couple of days". Then, a couple of hours later I got an email from the mailing list stating the same thing more or less:
"We are getting in touch to inform you that we have begun to dispatch all stored back issues of Retro Gamer to subscribers who have not yet received them due to Covid-19.

Stored magazines are now being safely shipped in batches. We anticipate that these issues will arrive throughout August. You may not receive all issues at the same time.

Depending on which issues you are entitled to, expect to receive some or all of the following issues over the next few weeks"
I am cautiously optimistic now and believe I'll get my missing issues soon.
Yes, I really hope you guys get them soon, it's only fair the subscribers should be given first dibs at delivery. It does seem strange that subscribers have them held back while those that order issue by issue via MFM site get dispatched. We are just kicking into August tomorrow, issue 208 so far has taken 6-7 weeks. BUT, I aren't blaming Future for that....I ordered a few Fusion magazines and they took around four months to arrive, so pretty sure online and mail orders are all over the place. There would be increased pressure on couriers and post services due to Covid with many opting to order online and avoid malls shopping centres etc. We are quite spoilt in NZ as it's almost gone back to normality in our country bubble (touch wood), and it's only when you order international again you realise how chaotic things still are.

Mauricio

Post by Mauricio » Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:36 pm

kiwimike wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:54 pm
We are quite spoilt in NZ as it's almost gone back to normality in our country bubble (touch wood), and it's only when you order international again you realise how chaotic things still are.
Yes, you are in better shape over there. On July 30th, the entire country of NZ, with a population of about 5 million people, had one (1) new case. On the same day, in the US state of Alabama, with a similar population, they had 1,923 cases.

Anyway... still no issue #208 here in Atlanta, GA.

kiwimike

Post by kiwimike » Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:56 am

Mauricio wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:36 pm
kiwimike wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:54 pm
We are quite spoilt in NZ as it's almost gone back to normality in our country bubble (touch wood), and it's only when you order international again you realise how chaotic things still are.
Yes, you are in better shape over there. On July 30th, the entire country of NZ, with a population of about 5 million people, had one (1) new case. On the same day, in the US state of Alabama, with a similar population, they had 1,923 cases.

Anyway... still no issue #208 here in Atlanta, GA.
Yes, our govt cops some flack from our dreadful media who are totally biased toward tories, but they have done a great job that gets more credit overseas than it does here. But off topic, this isn't the political section :lol:

Yes, another month, still no #208 for me either. Will post the date it arrives. I am weary of any international post atm though, it is literally all over the place

kiwimike

Post by kiwimike » Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:25 pm

Issue#208 arrived today. So a little under two months. Which sounds bad, but in fairness a lot of other international items at the moment are taking the same sorts of times, up to about four months. So I am thinking in context not too bad.